Josh Heustis

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
This guy has been ballin in the preseason and looks like a legitimate bench player in the NBA. Imo he needs to get the back up 3 minutes behind PG. Can play defense and can hit the 3 at a great percentage. Having him on the bench pretty much solidifies our bench with:

PG: Felton
SG: Abrines
SF: Heustis
PF/C: Grant
PF/C: Patterson

That is a great group of players and considering that at least one of the big 3 will be out there with this group, they compliment each other immensely.

Dec 19, 2012
I agree, and I had the same lineup in mind. I think Terrance Ferguson and Collison will see some minutes too. I also wonder how many minutes, due to staggering the starters. Our second team you listed will be amazing on defense.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2012
This guy has been ballin in the preseason and looks like a legitimate bench player in the NBA. Imo he needs to get the back up 3 minutes behind PG. Can play defense and can hit the 3 at a great percentage. Having him on the bench pretty much solidifies our bench with:

PG: Felton
SG: Abrines
SF: Heustis
PF/C: Grant
PF/C: Patterson

That is a great group of players and considering that at least one of the big 3 will be out there with this group, they compliment each other immensely.
I recall watching Heustis when he played at Stanford, and he was dominant defensively. I think he could really blossom into a nice 2-way player if given enough minutes.

Dec 19, 2012
I recall watching Heustis when he played at Stanford, and he was dominant defensively. I think he could really blossom into a nice 2-way player if given enough minutes.
Yeah, Andre is a top defender in NBA now, but if Heustis gets anywhere close- his ability to knock down spot up threes is huge!
Imagine:
Westbrook 6’3”
Heustis 6’7”
George 6’9”
Melo 6’8”
Adams 7’

Melo’s D would be the only potential liability there! The size and offensive ability would be insane. It might even open Roberson’s 10 mil to be expendable for another needed part.

Nov 27, 2007
Yeah, Andre is a top defender in NBA now, but if Heustis gets anywhere close- his ability to knock down spot up threes is huge!
Imagine:
Westbrook 6’3”
Heustis 6’7”
George 6’9”
Melo 6’8”
Adams 7’

Melo’s D would be the only potential liability there! The size and offensive ability would be insane. It might even open Roberson’s 10 mil to be expendable for another needed part.

I like Huestis a lot too, but I don't think he can play the 2. He doesn't move, dribble or pass as well as Roberson. Not even close. Not to mention that he is still very hesitant offensively, even more than Roberson. Not just shooting, but doing anything with or without the ball on offense. His decision making on offense in every aspect is just too slow for the 2.

I think Huestis, in this day & age of small ball, is really best at the 4 as a stretch 4, playing a little 3 and a little 5. And I think he can be good/above average rotation player in that role. I think he's most likely to get playing time if there is an injury to Adams, Patterson, Carmelo, & Grant set.

And for the love of goodness, he needs to get every minute that Singler would have played last year. The fact that Singler played 32 games last year and Huestis played 2 is mind boggling.

But i wouldn't mind if he proves me wrong :)

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
If Huestis was skilled enough to be an impact player in the NBA I don't think he would have been spending so much time in the D league the last 2 seasons. He will be a bench guy who gets garbage minutes or end of rotation time if someone is hurt. Not sure we should really expect much more out of him.