Joseph Randle...More Troubling News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
How we got him out of Stillwater without any trouble is amazing to me.

Coxy

Wrangler
Sep 14, 2013
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Makes me wonder if he did some bad stuff at Ok. State that never came to light. It is like a switch flipped almost immediately after getting to the NFL.

EDIT: I want to be clear here, I'm not saying the institution covered anything up or pulled some stunt like Baylor. Everything that has happened since he went pro just makes me believe this had to of been there all along. Might not have been, it just makes me wonder.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
It is troubling, especially since it does appear to have been a "turn on a dime" situation. I have to wonder if some mental illness, like schizophrenia, is involved. He is at the upper limit of age where that would commonly manifest itself. I just hope he can get some help, whatever his problem is.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It is troubling, especially since it does appear to have been a "turn on a dime" situation. I have to wonder if some mental illness, like schizophrenia, is involved. He is at the upper limit of age where that would commonly manifest itself. I just hope he can get some help, whatever his problem is.
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the legit mental illness part of this has been brought up with some of his previous incidents.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
He got his bell rung a number of times in Stillwater and the pros. Can't think repeated head hits helps when someone might already be dealing with a mental illness.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Whether it’s mental illness, or he’s just turned into a criminal, it’s best for society that he not be allowed to hurt more people. I’m sure the rape victim wishes he’d have remained locked up, rather than being released before finishing his sentence.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
If I were sitting in a jury pool, you’d have a point. But given Randle’s pattern of behavior, who isn’t pretty sure he did it? I’ll be shocked and apologetic if the charges are trumped up, but I don’t see a mea culpa in my future.
You never know until all the facts are out and it goes through the legal process, but with a history like his...sorry. Not much sympathy here. Once you've established a proven reputation as a punk where you've been found guilty in multiple cases, especially violent ones, your credibility is gone.
Not that I'm automatically assuming he's guilty, but reputation/history says a lot.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
It's almost like the Aaron Hernandez case. He, too, had a number of concussions and he subsequent autopsy revealed the damage.
And the NFL is desperately trying to smother any such revelations as to the dangers of the violence involved in football.
If I were Joseph Randle's attorney I'd definitely use this to factor into Joseph's trouble with making good choices.

Jan 20, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
It's almost like the Aaron Hernandez case. He, too, had a number of concussions and he subsequent autopsy revealed the damage.
And the NFL is desperately trying to smother any such revelations as to the dangers of the violence involved in football.
If I were Joseph Randle's attorney I'd definitely use this to factor into Joseph's trouble with making good choices.
No it's cool. We can just keep blaming people for obviously being born killers/sociopaths. It's a lot easier to lock people up then deal with mental health problems and their causes.....Especially when a cause might be something that gives me pleasure and a sense of purpose for doing nothing....

Mar 31, 2011
You never know until all the facts are out and it goes through the legal process, but with a history like his...sorry. Not much sympathy here. Once you've established a proven reputation as a punk where you've been found guilty in multiple cases, especially violent ones, your credibility is gone.
Not that I'm automatically assuming he's guilty, but reputation/history says a lot.
If only he could have had his record sealed, huh? They would have scrubbed the entire internet and Men in Black'd everyone's memories of those earlier incidents. ;)