John Smith Honored Oklahoma Hall of Fame

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 4, 2016
florida
Blows me away he's the first wrestler to be elected to the OHF. This state is known for producing world class athletes in wrestling. The DAN HODGE TROPHY is the HEISMAN trophy of amateur wrestlers and he's not in yet?! This HOF is looking more and more like the rock and roll HOF, a sham. Congratulations Coach Smith. It's a well deserved honor.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
Been some great wrestlers, wrestling coaches and wrestler/coaching individuals from Oklahoma for sure. i don't know, but is the Oklahoma Hall a collection of Oklahomans who have been accomplished in their respective profession?
That might explain why theres only one wrestler (still isn't a great reason). Many people and professions to choose from.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Blows me away he's the first wrestler to be elected to the OHF. This state is known for producing world class athletes in wrestling. The DAN HODGE TROPHY is the HEISMAN trophy of amateur wrestlers and he's not in yet?! This HOF is looking more and more like the rock and roll HOF, a sham. Congratulations Coach Smith. It's a well deserved honor.
It's beyond absurd that it took this long. There have been people pushing Smith's induction for over a decade now.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I’m really happy for him, he worked really hard for all his achievements and they’re well earned. What I won’t tell him is I still slightly more enjoyed watching Pat during his college career than John.