JH head coach

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 14, 2014
dude you know nothing about baseball greenhorn
lol...

Was a high school coach for 15 years in Texas, have been on 2 5A state champion staffs and have 5 former players playing in the MLB right now. But I'm sure you (they guy with the hot sports takes) know far more about baseball than I do.

I'm just glad that I don't live in a world where I have to listen to your idiocy more often.

All that said, I'm embarrassed that I broke my rule about wrestling with pigs and will go back to being a watcher from a distance.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Okay, I’ll bite. Go to YouTube and watch/listen to the entire Cowboys vs Shockers game. You’ll hear the voice of the GOAT talking about a few things. Listen to him, believe him, trust him. He lays things out pretty well regarding the current state of the program, how things have changed from the past, the current leadership, and the direction of the program. If you won’t listen to Ward himself and trust that he knows what he’s talking about, then shut up about him.
The Ward endorsement is nice, I agree. However, as a lifelong fan I expect Ward type results. If you don't understand that then STFU.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
lol...

Was a high school coach for 15 years in Texas, have been on 2 5A state champion staffs and have 5 former players playing in the MLB right now. But I'm sure you (they guy with the hot sports takes) know far more about baseball than I do.

I'm just glad that I don't live in a world where I have to listen to your idiocy more often.

All that said, I'm embarrassed that I broke my rule about wrestling with pigs and will go back to being a watcher from a distance.
whatever makes you sleep at night

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
The Ward endorsement is nice, I agree. However, as a lifelong fan I expect Ward type results. If you don't understand that then STFU.

Well dang, you've been waiting for Ward type results for over 23 years now, no wonder you're so pissy. Sorry, but it looks like you'll have to wait a little while longer, tiger.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
lol...

Yeah, but did your dad play semi pro?

1552075917439.png

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Well, 3 years ago we made the CWS. So if you got treated like a heretic instead of a dumbass, I’d call it a win.
It was the year after when we sucked and I agree that we have not developed players. We have had way to many come in, transfer to a juco and then get drafted.
Oh you mean the year half of the nearly roster graduated and, I think there were 9 guys drafted off that team which I also think tied the osu record. All of which were starters or major pieces. And Elliot blew out his arm and then won the big 12 tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Okay, I’ll bite. Go to YouTube and watch/listen to the entire Cowboys vs Shockers game. You’ll hear the voice of the GOAT talking about a few things. Listen to him, believe him, trust him. He lays things out pretty well regarding the current state of the program, how things have changed from the past, the current leadership, and the direction of the program. If you won’t listen to Ward himself and trust that he knows what he’s talking about, then shut up about him.
good chance @andylicious had no idea the GOAT was on the telecast, or his feelings on anything OSU baseball........ this forum is strictly a platform for some people to constantly complain about anything..........

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Oh you mean the year half of the nearly roster graduated and, I think there were 9 guys drafted off that team which I also think tied the osu record. All of which were starters or major pieces. And Elliot blew out his arm and then won the big 12 tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did Gary Ward need excuses? He just won. I'm tired of excuses. These guys are making a lot of money, and there is no lack of tradition here. Do you really like the excuses you are spouting or is it because he is Tom Holliday's boy that you are making the excuses? If you are happy you do you, dude. I will cheer for them, I will support them, I hope they win every game. However, I believe the hope that Holliday will bring home the bacon is misplaced, I hope I am wrong but I'm probably not.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Did Gary Ward need excuses? He just won. I'm tired of excuses. These guys are making a lot of money, and there is no lack of tradition here. Do you really like the excuses you are spouting or is it because he is Tom Holliday's boy that you are making the excuses? If you are happy you do you, dude. I will cheer for them, I will support them, I hope they win every game. However, I believe the hope that Holliday will bring home the bacon is misplaced, I hope I am wrong but I'm probably not.
He never won a national title and probably has some excuses for that. Format change, pitching, etc.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
He never won a national title and probably has some excuses for that. Format change, pitching, etc.
ya, pretty sure I've actually hear GH say that they would have won the NC if it had been changed to a best of 3 series back then............

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
true, but he still kicked the hell out of everyone else in the Big 8 for 14 years and he did have to put up with Jim Traber on some of those teams. The rumor was Traber struck out at critical times while giving it up to himself.