JH head coach

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Josh Holliday's accomplishments here:
1. He's taken this program to the college world series.
2. He's won the conference regular season championship.
3. He's won the conference tournament championship.
4. He's finished 1st or 2nd in the conference 5 out of his 6 seasons.
5. He's won the conference coach of the year award.

He's accomplished all of this with sub-par facilities. I think he's exceeded expectations thus far. I'm really excited to see where he can take this program with the new stadium to recruit to.

Nov 14, 2010

He's accomplished all of this with sub-par facilities. I think he's exceeded expectations thus far. I'm really excited to see where he can take this program with the new stadium to recruit to.
So...
We've made the final 4, won both the regular season and tournament championships
AND...
We've been incredibly consistent by finishing 1st or 2nd in 5 of his 6 seasons.

All with BAD facilities!

Sounds pretty darn good!

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
I’m not calling for JH to be fired. Walton has been a wizard with the pitchers since he has been here. That CWS run was mainly due to the pitching staff (offense wasn’t good that year but got hot against Clemson in the regional). Walton is a good recruiter.

The biggest concern I have is the recruiting and development of the hitters. That’s all on holiday. The approaches are not good. This isn’t one series observation. It’s four years in a row. Something has to change on the offensive side.

Finally Simpson should only be a catcher or dh. He did not look comfortable in left field yesterday. That ball he misplayed cost us the game and was a basic play any division 1 outfielder should have held to a single.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com

Can you imagine how worshipped a basketball coach would be if he accomplished the same in a 6 year stretch? And GIA is a palace, whereas APR has been a HS facility for about 15+ years....

It’s laughable that any educated Oklahoma State fan would think that Holliday has done a mediocre job so far.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
It was the year after when we sucked and I agree that we have not developed players. We have had way to many come in, transfer to a juco and then get drafted.

So, a couple of things.

First, you were suggesting that Holliday is mediocre one year after he took us back to Omaha ( a giant step forward for the program ), and on top of that, you didn’t even remember just now what year it was that you made this suggestion. Ok.....

Second, and be honest, what was your opinion of Eddie Sutton during the 1996-1997 season?

Aug 1, 2008
I’m not calling for JH to be fired. Walton has been a wizard with the pitchers since he has been here. That CWS run was mainly due to the pitching staff (offense wasn’t good that year but got hot against Clemson in the regional). Walton is a good recruiter.

The biggest concern I have is the recruiting and development of the hitters. That’s all on holiday. The approaches are not good. This isn’t one series observation. It’s four years in a row. Something has to change on the offensive side.

Finally Simpson should only be a catcher or dh. He did not look comfortable in left field yesterday. That ball he misplayed cost us the game and was a basic play any division 1 outfielder should have held to a single.
AGREE!!!

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
So...
We've made the final 4, won both the regular season and tournament championships
AND...
We've been incredibly consistent by finishing 1st or 2nd in 5 of his 6 seasons.

All with BAD facilities!

Sounds pretty darn good!

Speaking about that consistency, we are the ONLY Big 12 program to make the NCAA Tournament the last 6 seasons straight.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
That world series run should have been a springboard for this program to grow...instead it declined.
I know right? And it’s been so long since a top 2 finish in the conference and I’m still waiting on that Big 12 Tournament championship. Oh wait.......

So I’ll ask you the same question I asked earlier on this thread. What was your opinion of Eddie Sutton during the 96-97 season?