Jewish Coalition demands resignation of Democratic leaders with ties to Farrakhan

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Can the dems find a lower form of life to cuddle up with? Of course since it involves blacks it must be racist to criticize them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-democratic-leaders-with-ties-to-farrakhan.h

Farrakhan’s latest rant against 'Jewish-controlled FBI' prompts calls for his Dem allies to resign

Who is Louis Farrakhan and why he's a problem for Democrats
A look at Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan and why he's a problem for Democrats
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan has answered those who denounced as anti-Semitic his recent "Jews are my enemy" quote with another broadside, this time tweeting a video clip where he says "The Jews have control over those areas of government" - in referring to the FBI.
The clip featuring the latest remark was posted to Farrakhan's official Twitter account on March 7, well after the controversy erupted over the remarks made earlier, at a Chicago event on Feb. 25. Those comments brought new attention to Farrakhan's links with seven members of the Congressional Black Congress, as well as to Women's March co-president Tamika Mallory, who attended the Farrakhan event, and posted a photo of herself with Farrakhan on her Instagram feed after the speech.
The controversy sparked calls by many Republicans for Democrats to vigorously denounce Farrakhan's remarks. Others who quickly condemned Farrakhan's remarks also asked pointed questions on why much of the media was either slow to report the story, or have chosen to ignore it entirely.

Farrakhan tweeted this week: "The FBI has been the worst enemy of Black advancement. The Jews have control over those agencies of government."
The Republican Jewish Coalition on Tuesday called on the seven members of the CBC members to resign. The coalition’s director, Matt Brooks, told Fox News the Democratic leaders with ties to Farrakhan have been quick to denounce President Donald Trump and the GOP for remarks or actions that they view as bigoted, but overlook blatant racism and anti-Semitism when it comes to Farrakhan.
“There’s clearly a double standard,” Brooks said, then amended that to say “No, there’s a double double-standard. Not only do you get the progressive left wing and more centrist Democrats who aren’t shy about criticizing President Trump or branding the Republican Party as white nationalists or neo-Nazis, but when it comes to condemning Louis Farrakhan, they’re silent.”

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-California
The members called on to resign were the subject of a story in The Daily Caller, which reported a review of videos, photographs and other documents revealed the lawmakers have had ties to Farrakhan. They are Reps. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, Maxine Waters of California, Danny Davis of Illinois, Al Green of Texas, Barbara Lee of California, Andre Carson of Indiana, and Gregory Meeks of New York.
On Thursday, Meeks tweeted “Farrakhan's anti-Semitic messages are upsetting & unacceptable. I always condemn hate speech of any kind. Also upsetting that right-wing blogs suggest otherwise & try making this a black vs. Jewish community issue. Still waiting for those blogs to condemn Trump's racist remarks.”
Sen. Brian Schatz, a Hawaii Democrat who is not among those with ties to Farrakhan, took to Twitter to condemn the Nation of Islam leader and to say that he must be rejected, not courted. "This is unacceptable in a progressive coalition or any political coalition. Anti-Semitism has no place in American society. We must reject this, left right and center."
Besides Meeks, Ellison has also condemned Farrakhan for his divisive and hostile rhetoric. Davis denounced anti-Semitism, but also praised Farrakhan, according to the Daily Caller.
In a statement on the Republican Jewish Coalition’s website calling for them to step down, Brooks wrote: "Anti-Semitism is unacceptable. Farrakhan is the moral equivalent of a leader of the KKK. If it was discovered that members of Congress had met with the leader of the KKK, they would need to resign. In this case, for meeting with, and embracing, Louis Farrakhan, nothing short of resignation is acceptable from these seven Democrats.”

Earlier this week, a spokesman for Ellison, who is the deputy director of the Democratic National Committee, told Fox News: “Rep. Ellison has repeatedly disavowed anti-Semitism and bigotry, since his first campaign for Congress in 2006.”
The spokesman referred Fox News to a 12-year-old statement Ellison made when he came under fire for ties to Farrakhan, in which he said he erroneously dismissed concerns the Nation of Islam leader was anti-Semitic, and said he never shared “their hateful views” of “Jews, gays, or any other group.”

Rep. Keith Ellison, Deputy Director, Democratic National Committee
Recently, Ellison again was in the spotlight after the Wall Street Journal reported that he had attended a meeting in 2013 with Muslim leaders where Farrakhan was present. Ellison, who was the first Muslim elected to Congress, said he did not know who would be there and that his decision to go “was not an endorsement of the political views of other attendees.”
Davis, the Illinois congressman, said in a February interview with the Daily Caller that Farrakhan is an “outstanding human being” and said he sees the minister on a regular basis. Days later, Davis’s office released a statement denouncing anti-Semitism as being “antithetical to everything I believe and everything that I work for on a daily basis.”
Reactions to the call for resignations has varied, even among groups sharing similar views on many important matters.
Farrakhan's anti-Semitic messages are upsetting & unacceptable. I always condemn hate speech of any kind. Also upsetting that right-wing blogs suggest otherwise & try making this a black vs. Jewish community issue. Still waiting for those blogs to condemn Trump's racist remarks.​

In Jewishpress.com, writer David Israel argued that while Brooks was right to denounce Farrakhan’s anti-Semitism, he should not call for the resignation of lawmakers who have been pro-Israel, and are crucial congressional allies to Jews.
“Their Jewish voters and their Jewish colleagues in the Democratic party are entitled to an explanation about those Farrakhan meetings,” Israel wrote in Jewishpress.com, “but in politics, meeting a man, disturbing and loathsome as he may be, is not the same as endorsing his views. Pro-Israel Democrats have had enough trouble finding allies within the Black Caucus in Congress to face the Palestinian and BDS threats, to name just two.”
Farrakhan's anti-Semitic messages are upsetting & unacceptable. I always condemn hate speech of any kind. Also upsetting that right-wing blogs suggest otherwise & try making this a black vs. Jewish community issue. Still waiting for those blogs to condemn Trump's racist remarks.​
Hate is wrong and dangerous wherever it comes from. African-Americans, Jews, and far too many other groups have suffered greatly because of racism and hate in America -- past and present. I will always fight to rid our nation and the world of hateful vitriol. We all should!​

BDS refers to the Palestinian-led boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign that says Israel is responsible for violations of Palestinian rights and international law.
But Brooks rejected the contention lawmakers should be given a pass for “breaking bread with Farrakhan” because of other ways they can be useful to constituents.
“These [lawmakers] are leaders of the Democratic Party,” Brooks said. “If that’s enough for [David Israel], then why isn’t there the same standard when they criticize Donald Trump and other Republicans are who friends of Israel?”
“None of these Democrats went into those meetings with Farrakhan not knowing who he was,” Brooks said. “At some point they made the decision that they were going to go ahead and meet with him.”

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2004
Women's March leader defends attendance at Nation of Islam event where Louis Farrakhan delivered anti-Semitic speech
by Katie Leach | Mar 7, 2018, 10:05 PM Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article Share on LinkedIn Print this article
Tamika Mallory is an organizer of co-president of the Women's March. (Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)

Tamika Mallory, Women’s March organizer and co-president, is defending herself after facing backlash for attending a Nation of Islam event last month where Rev. Louis Farrakhan made anti-Semitic remarks.
"I didn’t expect my presence at Saviour’s Day to lead anyone to question my beliefs,” Mallory wrote in a News One op-ed, noting that she’s attended the event for over 30 years and the significant role the Nation of Islam has played in her life.

“Where my people are is where I must also be. I go into difficult spaces,” she explained. “I attend meetings with police and legislators — the very folks so much of my protest has been directed towards.”
As CNN’s Jake Tapper pointed out, Mallory attended Farrakhan’s speech where he referred to “powerful Jews” as his enemy and blamed Jews for “all of this filth and degenerate behavior that Hollywood is putting out turning men into women and women into men.”

The Anti-Defamation League also pointed out that Farrakhan claimed that Jewish people control the media and the U.S. government in the speech and argued that the FBI, while under Jewish influence, is pushing to legalize marijuana to “feminize” black men.
He further claimed that the media, under Jewish control, is using their influence to increase the size of the LGBTQ community.
Given her extensive work with these communities, Mallory said she has “heard the pain and concerns” from them and she affirms “the validity of those feelings” while noting that she is growing and learning.
“It is impossible for me to agree with every statement or share every viewpoint of the many people who I have worked with or will work with in the future,” she said. “As I do not wish to be held responsible for the words of others when my own history shows that I stand in opposition to them, I also do not think it is fair to question anyone who works with me, who supports my work and who is a member of this movement because of the ways that I may have fallen short here or in any other instance.”
The Women’s March leader concluded her defense by explaining that her work requires an “operational unity” that could be “painful and uncomfortable.”
In addition to Mallory, several lawmakers have also fallen under public scrutiny for their ties to Farrakhan, including Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., and Rep. Maxine Water, D-Calif.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Women's March leader defends attendance at Nation of Islam event where Louis Farrakhan delivered anti-Semitic speech
by Katie Leach | Mar 7, 2018, 10:05 PM Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article Share on LinkedIn Print this article
Tamika Mallory is an organizer of co-president of the Women's March. (Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)

Tamika Mallory, Women’s March organizer and co-president, is defending herself after facing backlash for attending a Nation of Islam event last month where Rev. Louis Farrakhan made anti-Semitic remarks.
"I didn’t expect my presence at Saviour’s Day to lead anyone to question my beliefs,” Mallory wrote in a News One op-ed, noting that she’s attended the event for over 30 years and the significant role the Nation of Islam has played in her life.

“Where my people are is where I must also be. I go into difficult spaces,” she explained. “I attend meetings with police and legislators — the very folks so much of my protest has been directed towards.”
As CNN’s Jake Tapper pointed out, Mallory attended Farrakhan’s speech where he referred to “powerful Jews” as his enemy and blamed Jews for “all of this filth and degenerate behavior that Hollywood is putting out turning men into women and women into men.”

The Anti-Defamation League also pointed out that Farrakhan claimed that Jewish people control the media and the U.S. government in the speech and argued that the FBI, while under Jewish influence, is pushing to legalize marijuana to “feminize” black men.
He further claimed that the media, under Jewish control, is using their influence to increase the size of the LGBTQ community.
Given her extensive work with these communities, Mallory said she has “heard the pain and concerns” from them and she affirms “the validity of those feelings” while noting that she is growing and learning.
“It is impossible for me to agree with every statement or share every viewpoint of the many people who I have worked with or will work with in the future,” she said. “As I do not wish to be held responsible for the words of others when my own history shows that I stand in opposition to them, I also do not think it is fair to question anyone who works with me, who supports my work and who is a member of this movement because of the ways that I may have fallen short here or in any other instance.”
The Women’s March leader concluded her defense by explaining that her work requires an “operational unity” that could be “painful and uncomfortable.”
In addition to Mallory, several lawmakers have also fallen under public scrutiny for their ties to Farrakhan, including Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., and Rep. Maxine Water, D-Calif.
Another in a long line of pos'.

John C

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Farrakhan hates Jews and says they are his enemy, yet the left equates Trump to Hitler. Does anyone have a clue any more?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Never could understand how the self proclaimed party of tolerance and love could get away with close ties to someone so obviously full of hate. He goes against everything the Dems claim to believe in.

Jul 7, 2004
No difference between the KKK and Farrakhon. Can you imagine the outcry if any Republican associated with the leader of the KKK?