James Dean has a new movie coming out next year

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Despite passing away in 1955 his estate has given permission to a major motion picture company to use his image in a new movie about the Vietnam War . An actor will portray the James Dean role via motion capture and voice him and stock footage of James Dear will be CGI used to put him into the movie

It is set to release on veterans day 2020

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Not sure what motivated them to do this... I mean, I don't think it's THAT weird to put someone that's dead in a movie using CGI (looking at you Star Wars) but what sets this different is that their doing it for a new character role. This isn't something where James Dean played a character while he was living and they're bringing that character back for something. They just legit cast a dead guy in a new role...

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So basically it's no different than Serkis playing Gollum in Lord of the Rings, except instead of playing a fictional character, the actor will playing a real person playing a fictional character. Hollywood is getting desperate, Think I'll pass as well.