Jahmyl Jeter enters the transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 28, 2008
Yeah, I'm a troll with 19K plus messages on this site:D:lol:...I'm not trying to rile anyone up, just stating an opinion just like you are...btw, it's just an opinion, not fact until it's confirmed and in the past. The thing that set me off in your post is that you said "Gundy is running him the ground" and "he's gone after this season" neither of these things are factual at this point in time...both are just negative opinions stated as facts. Then you went on to continue to make negative statements about two other student athletes...both college kids...That is exactly what I meant by "I hate these types of post."
he is being run too much. that's not opinion-based. objectively we can see the numbers and the the impact on performance.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Yup it's all just bad luck. The trainwreck that's been the last three out of five seasons is all just due to bad luck. OLine cupboard runs bare? Blame it all on Wickline. Lose to CMU at home on a bad call even though the game shouldn't have come down to that? Blame it all on the ref and sue the NCAA. One bad coaching hire after another? Aw shucks, it happens. Can't beat OU. Dang, can't recruit to Stillwater. Blame all the problems on anyone but Gundy, aw shucks.
No I simply was talking about the one thing you posted but since you asked.

Yes Gundy is HUGELY at fault for our dismal OL situation over the last half decade and frankly it is really a testament to the rest of the offense that we have done so well with such an area of weakness. He did not handle the end of Wicklines tenure very well and then followed that up with some horrible hires and not being able to hang onto his one good hire. Now I will give him credit for his latest hire as it seems like it is going to be good but is still a work in progress. To me this is one of the Gundy's biggest failures.

Now as far as your other stuff it is just what happens in college football for everyone not name Alabama or Clemson (and even them sometimes). The CMU situation was a random really strange thing that you really cannot prepare for other than to say don't get your self in that situation. That is all I can blame Gundy for there is not to get to that point but it happens to teams every year that they play a close game or lose to teams they have no business losing too.

On the coaching hires not sure what you are saying there as his hiring record is definitely better rather than worse with the one exception being the above mentioned OL coach hires for awhile but even that has been good the last couple.

Last time I checked very few teams in the country can beat OU especially on any kind of consistent basis. I mean over the last 4.5 seasons (the time period since we last beat them) here is a list of the teams that have beaten OU and how many times they have done it:

Texas - 2
Bama - 1
Iowa State - 1
Georgia - 1
Houston - 1
Ohio State - 1
Clemson - 1

So Texas is the ONLY team that beat them twice in that time period and the majority of the rest are true blue blood all star level teams. I think some people do not realize the mountain that it is to climb to be able to consistently beat OU and frankly it makes me mad when our fans use that as the only measuring stick for us being good. Should we beat them more, of course, but not doing so does not make Gundy a bad coach.

As far as not being able to recruit to Stillwater it seems Gundy has brought in some of the best athletes our football program has ever had in its history. Could he do better, heck yeah but don't ignore what he has done.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK

Yes Gundy is HUGELY at fault for our dismal OL situation over the last half decade and frankly it is really a testament to the rest of the offense that we have done so well with such an area of weakness. He did not handle the end of Wicklines tenure very well and then followed that up with some horrible hires and not being able to hang onto his one good hire. Now I will give him credit for his latest hire as it seems like it is going to be good but is still a work in progress. To me this is one of the Gundy's biggest failures.

Now as far as your other stuff it is just what happens in college football for everyone not name Alabama or Clemson (and even them sometimes). The CMU situation was a random really strange thing that you really cannot prepare for other than to say don't get your self in that situation. That is all I can blame Gundy for there is not to get to that point but it happens to teams every year that they play a close game or lose to teams they have no business losing too.

On the coaching hires not sure what you are saying there as his hiring record is definitely better rather than worse with the one exception being the above mentioned OL coach hires for awhile but even that has been good the last couple.

Last time I checked very few teams in the country can beat OU especially on any kind of consistent basis. I mean over the last 4.5 seasons (the time period since we last beat them) here is a list of the teams that have beaten OU and how many times they have done it:

Texas - 2
Bama - 1
Iowa State - 1
Georgia - 1
Houston - 1
Ohio State - 1
Clemson - 1

So Texas is the ONLY team that beat them twice in that time period and the majority of the rest are true blue blood all star level teams. I think some people do not realize the mountain that it is to climb to be able to consistently beat OU and frankly it makes me mad when our fans use that as the only measuring stick for us being good. Should we beat them more, of course, but not doing so does not make Gundy a bad coach.

As far as not being able to recruit to Stillwater it seems Gundy has brought in some of the best athletes our football program has ever had in its history. Could he do better, heck yeah but don't ignore what he has done.

Mar 31, 2011

Texas - 2
Bama - 1
Iowa State - 1
Georgia - 1
Houston - 1
Ohio State - 1
Clemson - 1