Jahmyl Jeter enters the transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Generally if you have a valid point you don't need resort to calling people names, just saying it doesn't reflect well upon you.
I'm not sure if you are talking to me or Tommy...If it's me, I called no one a name, just called the poster out for acting as if they know something that they don't and dissing on college kids.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I know you’re not very smart so I’ll point out the words “probably’ and ‘expect’ from my post which shows it wasn’t said as a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t see a “probably” or “expect” in the emboldened part. You state that as fact.
First off Chuba is probably gone, he will be eligible for the draft after the season and Gundy is running him into the ground so I expect him to leave while his stock is as high as its going to get.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
First off Chuba is probably gone, he will be eligible for the draft after the season and Gundy is running him into the ground so I expect him to leave while his stock is as high as its going to get. As far as Glass goes my expectations were high as were his. He stated he was coming to OSU and was going to win the Heisman Trophy as a true freshman......then he came to OSU fat and out of shape and is a complete non factor, especially when we could use him with LD not being very good this year. We have a big problem at running back next year and going forward
Can I have some of that fortune telling herb you're smoking?

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Do you disagree? You think Hubbard's workload is fine and dandy?
I also firmly believe Hubbard would be smart to go pro after this year. That being said, at this point keep giving him the carries, use him now while you have him. His numbers when he leaves will more impressive considering OSU only had him for two years.

Mar 31, 2011
Anyway, it always hurts to lose RB depth. That said, he wasn't getting any playing time and it didn't look like he would moving forward either. Can't blame the guy for transferring and I wish him luck.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
He's a college running back...and perhaps the best one in the country...I'm betting he thinks he needs to ball more...not less.
Just my opinion but I would bet it depends which day you ask him. Gameday I agree with your statement, the morning after a game he has 30+ carries maybe not so much.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
He's a college running back...and perhaps the best one in the country...I'm betting he thinks he needs to ball more...not less.
Two things:
1. I don't care how good he is. He's eventually going to wear down with 30+ carries per game.
2. We really should try to develop experience behind Hubbard, because if he is gone after this season, then it would be good to have some guys that have seen live game action. But, as we've already seen with the QB situation, Gundy's not really into the whole "get guys ready for next year" kinda thing. He'd rather develop them over 2-3 seasons once they become the starter.

But I've given up on *really* caring much what we do. Its clear that Gundy isn't taking us anywhere anytime soon with the way he strangles our OCs, mismanages games, and gets exposed any time we don't have a clear talent advantage. At this point, I just feel bad for the student athletes that are subjected to his bonehead decision making.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I think it's apparent that there are more capable options behind LD Brown, but they won't see the light of day this year because "Cowboy Culture".

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I think it's apparent that there are more capable options behind LD Brown, but We they won't see the light of day this year because "Cowboy Culture".
So by cowboy culture you mean they are recovering from injuries or are out of shape right? Because that is why we have not seen the other running backs. In fact even Jeter was hurt for awhile. Dezmon Jackson has been out for awhile due to injury and even Micah Cooper, who is a walk on but has played, has been injured. Then finally the only real RB we have left is Glass and he apparently came into camp out of shape and has not gotten to game shape yet, combined with being a true freshman who has not had much time in the system.

But don't let those things derail another Gundy sucks train... I mean Gundy himself has said repeatedly he would like to get other RBs touches but things have stopped that from happening.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
So by cowboy culture you mean they are recovering from injuries or are out of shape right? Because that is why we have not seen the other running backs. In fact even Jeter was hurt for awhile. Dezmon Jackson has been out for awhile due to injury and even Micah Cooper, who is a walk on but has played, has been injured. Then finally the only real RB we have left is Glass and he apparently came into camp out of shape and has not gotten to game shape yet, combined with being a true freshman who has not had much time in the system.

But don't let those things derail another Gundy sucks train... I mean Gundy himself has said repeatedly he would like to get other RBs touches but things have stopped that from happening.
Yup it's all just bad luck. The trainwreck that's been the last three out of five seasons is all just due to bad luck. OLine cupboard runs bare? Blame it all on Wickline. Lose to CMU at home on a bad call even though the game shouldn't have come down to that? Blame it all on the ref and sue the NCAA. One bad coaching hire after another? Aw shucks, it happens. Can't beat OU. Dang, can't recruit to Stillwater. Blame all the problems on anyone but Gundy, aw shucks.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yup it's all just bad luck. The trainwreck that's been the last three out of five seasons is all just due to bad luck. OLine cupboard runs bare? Blame it all on Wickline. Lose to CMU at home on a bad call even though the game shouldn't have come down to that? Blame it all on the ref and sue the NCAA. One bad coaching hire after another? Aw shucks, it happens. Can't beat OU. Dang, can't recruit to Stillwater. Blame all the problems on anyone but Gundy, aw shucks.

Your "train wreck" includes one year where we finished 10-3 and 11th in the final ap (edit, maybe you are cherry picking the year we only went 7--6 prior to the 2 years of 10 wins?)... Also, OSU led the nation with five CoSIDA Academic All-Americans in the last two years of your "train wreck.":rolleyes: Additional OSU is 4-1 in Bowl games over that period of time.

Last edited:

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Your "train wreck" includes one year where we finished 10-3 and 11th in the final ap (edit, maybe you are cherry picking the year we only went 7--6 prior to the 2 years of 10 wins?)... Also, OSU led the nation with five CoSIDA Academic All-Americans in the last two years of your "train wreck.":rolleyes: Additional OSU is 4-1 in Bowl games over that period of time.
My "trainwreck" includes dismal performances against teams that when Gundy hired alpha, gold-star OC's would have been left in the dust by half-time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::derp::derp::rolleyes::rolleyes::derp::derp::koolaid::koolaid::thumbdown::thumbdown: