It's not video games, racism, or music....it's family

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2...QmH0SdDNvnFHf5U5jIh8oofUdLcCJn07ksNQLOyRCRvmA

This is from Feb 2018.

It's not just dads, but fatherlessness is a huge problem in this country. I grew up in a single mother home, but I was fortunate that she was well equipped to deal with my hateful ass. I was angry and full of rage at a very young age. I was violent and people feared who I was, but also who I'd become. My mother worked to instill empathy and compassion in me, but she wasn't alone. My grandparents were a massive factor in my life. They taught me love because they were the first to love me after my mom. It's easy to excuse mom because she "has" too, but others have a choice.

I've seen statistics that like 90% of death row inmates were involved in foster care at some point. How many gang bangers have a real dad around? I grew up always wanting a real dad and not having it was painful as hell. It still bothers me now. Mine died with I was 3, and I hadn't seen him since I was 1. I have no memories of him, but I had 2 felonious stepfathers that weren't exactly teachers of the way.

I just feel like the breakdown of the family and the connectedness of kids to their fathers particularly ruin things for the rest of us. Most moms aren't as equipped as mine was nor have the support that mine did. It took years and years to break my violence up into other activities. I still deal with it now, but it's not the same. When I told my 3rd-grade teacher I was a teacher, she literally looked at my daughters and said I was the worst student she ever had. She wasn't lying and she offered to pray for us all. I do all the time.

I think this is a battle that can be won. Obviously, I believe my faith had a huge part in all of this. It wouldn't have happened without it. Society, especially on social media, sows divisions, hatred, anger, dehumanization of the other, and all this while preaching equality and whatever. You can't have both. Our kids are overrun with media from all sides at all time. There is very little time to think and process anything. Kids don't put down the phone and just breathe or do something else. They are inundated by hyper-violent and sexualized images left and right. They are pushed by peers through some of those same means in lots of directions, and it isn't easy for them to walk away. You HAVE to respond, to act, to be seen, to be heard, and never can you take a break.

I don't know if this all makes sense or not. I'm just arguing that family(fathers particularly) have to step up and be there for their kids. If you took away violent crims committed by fatherless young men, we'd live in relative tranquility.

Jun 12, 2007
Very good post and I am sure you are sincere. But your reaction on Saturday in another thread was that you were sick as hell of the immediate response to shootings being tied to the race of the shooter and second to the victims. You said the media was EXCITED about San Barnardino when the word was it was white supremacists. You also stated there has to be a focus on how shootings are reported and treated BY THE MEDIA THEMSELVES and claimed the media always says terrorism when it is brown people and mental health with white people.

Some of what you said is really a lot of deflection isn't it? Trump has several times said he would take action but once again he stated hatred pulls the trigger, not guns. I have yet to see you or anyone who supports Trump to focus on GUNS. This last capitalized word is my word. The other capitalized words above are yours. Focusing on the fact the shooters are fatherless is just another deflection isn't it? Trump talking about video games and mental illness is a deflection isn't it?

It is likely this forum is populated by people who are 99% male and 99% white. The fact is the shooters are males and are white and the more recent targets often are people of color. Trump actually made it easier for those who are mentally ill to get guns in 2017 when he rescinded Obama's order that made it harder for such people to get guns. But of course studies of countries around the world prove that it isn't mental illness, video games, men without jobs or girl friends, fatherless young men, etc. that are the main problem. Those are all deflections. No other country in the world has as big a problem as we have because they don't have an NRA that has made the Republican party into a wholly-owned subsidiary coupled with a President who has a split personality - TELEPROMPTER TRUMP and TWITTER TRUMP. The problem is A BOUGHT OFF REPUBLICAN PARTY, A LYING PRESIDENT, AND MOSCOW MITCH AS THE LEADER OF THE SENATE. IT IS GUNS. Twitter Trump, Moscow Mitch, and the NRA will continue to ignore the problem. They will do nothing, even though every sane person in this country knows where the focus should be.

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Very good post and I am sure you are sincere. But your reaction on Saturday in another thread was that you were sick as hell of the immediate response to shootings being tied to the race of the shooter and second to the victims. You called the media was EXCITED about San Barnardino when the word was it was white supremacists. You also stated there has to be a focus on how shootings are reported and treated BY THE MEDIA THEMSELVES and claimed the media always says terrorism when it is brown people and mental health with white people.

Some of you what said is really a lot of deflection isn't it. Trump has several times said he would take action but once again he stated hatred pulls the trigger, not guns. I have yet to see you or anyone who supports Trump to focus on GUNS. This last capitalized word is my word. The other capitalized words above are yours. Focusing on the fact the shooters are fatherless is just another deflection isn't it? Trump talking about video games and mental illness is a deflection isn't it.

It is likely this forum is populated by people who are 99% male and 99% white. The fact is the shooters are males and are white and the more recent targets often are people of color. Trump actually made it easier for those who are mentally ill to get guns in 2017 when he rescinded Obama's order that made it harder for such people to get guns. But of course studies of countries around the world prove that it isn't mental illness, video games, men without jobs or girl friends, fatherless young men, etc. that are the main problem. Those are all deflections. No other country in the world has as big a problem as we have because they don't have an NRA that has made the Republican party into a wholly-owned subsidiary coupled with a President who has a split personality - TELEPROMPTER TRUMP and TWITTER TRUMP. The problem is A BOUGHT OFF REPUBLICAN PARTY, A LYING PRESIDENT, AND MOSCOW MITCH AS THE LEADER OF THE SENATE. IT IS GUNS. Twitter Trump, Moscow Mitch, and the NRA will continue to ignore the problem. They will do nothing, even thought every sane person in this country knows where the focus should be.
Ok I will bite, how do you propose we fix the GUN problem?

Jun 12, 2007
Have you not been paying attention? The house has passed bills that do make a good effort to help fix the problem. But it is only a start. Those bills need to be brought to the floor of the Senate. Moscow Mitch needs to allow a vote. There will be a bigger amount of pressure on his party(a wholly owned subsidiary of the NRA) from a public that has a majority of people demanding action. Moscow Mitch knows this will be a very tough vote for his party. He doesn't want that vote. Pressure from the public now equals the pressure from the NRA even though the money that buys off politicians can't be matched. But of course Moscow Mitch and Cadet Bone-Spur/Twitter Trump don't want that vote. They are both cowards. You should have already known those bills have passed the house. Those bills are supported by a majority of the public. In spite of the Heller supreme court decision in which Scalia wrote the majority opinion, the current right-wing packed court would likely not try and override the will of congress(especially Roberts and his obvious concern for the legacy he might have). Scalia and his originalist(excuse for his ideology destroying the meaning of the constitution) deflections I think would not rule the day as it did in Heller. The Second Amendment actually clearly says it exclusively referred to a military context. For over 200 years the federal courts unanimously determined that the Second Amendment concerns only the arming of the people in service to an organized state militia. The packing of the court with right-wing ideologues in league with the NRA's distortion of the Constitution has crippled every reasonable attempt to implement an effective national policy toward guns and crime. Have the votes. That is what democracy demands.

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Have you not been paying attention? The house has passed bills that do make a good effort to help fix the problem. But it is only a start. Those bills need to be brought to the floor of the Senate. Moscow Mitch needs to allow a vote. There will be a bigger amount of pressure on his party(a wholly owned subsidiary of the NRA) from a public that has a majority of people demanding action. Moscow Mitch knows this will be a very tough vote for his party. He doesn't want that vote. Pressure from the public now equals the pressure from the NRA even though the money that buys off politicians can't be matched. But of course Moscow Mitch and Cadet Bone-Spur/Twitter Trump don't want that vote. They are both cowards. You should have already known those bills have passed the house. Those bills are supported by a majority of the public. In spite of the Heller supreme court decision in which Scalia wrote the majority opinion, the current right-wing packed court would likely not try and override the will of congress(especially Roberts and his obvious concern for the legacy he might have). Scalia and his originalist(excuse for his ideology destroying the meaning of the constitution) deflections I think would not rule the day as it did in Heller. The Second Amendment actually clearly says it exclusively referred to a military context. For over 200 years the federal courts unanimously determined that the Second Amendment concerns only the arming of the people in service to an organized state militia. The packing of the court with right-wing ideologues in league with the NRA's distortion of the Constitution has crippled every reasonable attempt to implement an effective national policy toward guns and crime. Have the votes. That is what democracy demands.
So in that long winded answer the only “solution” I see you offer is to pass the expanded background checks. So you are saying that will solve the GUN problem then? Otherwise all I see is ranting, not real solutions being put forth.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
This thread I made is not about politics particularly. It is about the role of the family in teaching kids how to live and act in the world.

This world promotes fame/infamy at almost all costs. Even families are in on it, but you'd be hard-pressed to visit a prison that over 50% of the inmates had both father and mother in their homes. There is a lot of brokenness too society that is going unaddressed. Mental health is a huge issue, but so is mental health prescriptions.

I'm not blaming big pharma, I'm blaming parents and weak commitment to our kids. It takes more than medication to treat mental illness. It takes more than a few tips here and there to instill values. It shouldn't be left up to an aging grandmother or a single parent. That will happen sometimes, but it is deeply important that fathers retake their position in society as a whole.

One of the top reasons for crime is poverty. Poverty is far less likely in a two-parent home than otherwise. Young people lacking in parental guidance have a real hard time staying away from the stuff in the streets. It's hard for those with both parents, but statistically is so much harder the single parent or no parent kids.

I feel like we've let medications, the government supports, technology, tv, and the internet teach and parent our kids too much. I teach high school, and I was blown away at both schools I have taught in at the number of kids living in a broken situation. It isn't just the majority. It is the vast majority. I had a soph last year whose grandparents(that are stuck raising him and don't want too) told him to be packed up and ready to move at 18. They were dead serious. A mom who recently got her may children back from foster care last year told her daughters she didn't really want them back. Let me tell you, none of those kids seem to value themselves at all, I wonder why. I try, other teachers try, and it goes on and on.

So what do they look for? How can they make it in the world and how can they survive. They lack empathy for the plight of their fellow students, especially if they come from a "good" home. It's pervasive.

It doesn't take additional tax dollars to do this kind of changing in society, it takes time and specific effort. An effort to promote fathers staying involved in their kids' lives. Abstinence isn't just a religious thing at all. What it does is help prevent children from having children they aren't ready to parent whatsoever. Pregnancy is a constant where I've taught. In some parts it isn't even discouraged, it's just what happens. These girls don't see a path for themselves and assume a role they feel is all they have. The cycle continues. Trying to convince them they have more to offer themselves is a difficult one.

Honestly, I don't care how much sense this is making. It is me rambling on the internet to who knows who. It's beyond political. It is at the very soul of society at large. It goes to values(not just mine count).

Here are some stats that I'm pulling from memory....

African Americans make up 13% of the population and commit about 50% of the murders nationally. Is this cause blacks are irredeemably violent? Nope. Over 70% or so are living in fatherless homes.

8 or 9/10 people on death row have been in foster care or state custody as a minor.

Asians make up the most affluent race in the United States per capita and are almost nonexistent on the crime stats. Why? Strong family units.

It isn't about race, it is about guidance and support. Those who receive guidance and support from more than just teachers or DHS workers on average thrive. They find a way.

Dr. Ben Carson gets made fun of but central to his story is a very strict mother that refused to give him up to the streets. Not everyone is that well equipped to do this thing alone, especially when they are from the same cycle themselves.

TL:DR I know I know, so what.

God bless guys and gals. We need it.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Are you about to give new hard numbers as to which politicians are being controlled by the NRA and by how much? I mean, it should be easy for you to show me how much money the NRA gives these politicians to put them in their pockets. Or are you just touting leftist talking points with no facts?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NTXPoke

Wrangler
Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
This thread I made is not about politics particularly. It is about the role of the family in teaching kids how to live and act in the world.

This world promotes fame/infamy at almost all costs. Even families are in on it, but you'd be hard-pressed to visit a prison that over 50% of the inmates had both father and mother in their homes. There is a lot of brokenness too society that is going unaddressed. Mental health is a huge issue, but so is mental health prescriptions.

I'm not blaming big pharma, I'm blaming parents and weak commitment to our kids. It takes more than medication to treat mental illness. It takes more than a few tips here and there to instill values. It shouldn't be left up to an aging grandmother or a single parent. That will happen sometimes, but it is deeply important that fathers retake their position in society as a whole.

One of the top reasons for crime is poverty. Poverty is far less likely in a two-parent home than otherwise. Young people lacking in parental guidance have a real hard time staying away from the stuff in the streets. It's hard for those with both parents, but statistically is so much harder the single parent or no parent kids.

I feel like we've let medications, the government supports, technology, tv, and the internet teach and parent our kids too much. I teach high school, and I was blown away at both schools I have taught in at the number of kids living in a broken situation. It isn't just the majority. It is the vast majority. I had a soph last year whose grandparents(that are stuck raising him and don't want too) told him to be packed up and ready to move at 18. They were dead serious. A mom who recently got her may children back from foster care last year told her daughters she didn't really want them back. Let me tell you, none of those kids seem to value themselves at all, I wonder why. I try, other teachers try, and it goes on and on.

So what do they look for? How can they make it in the world and how can they survive. They lack empathy for the plight of their fellow students, especially if they come from a "good" home. It's pervasive.

It doesn't take additional tax dollars to do this kind of changing in society, it takes time and specific effort. An effort to promote fathers staying involved in their kids' lives. Abstinence isn't just a religious thing at all. What it does is help prevent children from having children they aren't ready to parent whatsoever. Pregnancy is a constant where I've taught. In some parts it isn't even discouraged, it's just what happens. These girls don't see a path for themselves and assume a role they feel is all they have. The cycle continues. Trying to convince them they have more to offer themselves is a difficult one.

Honestly, I don't care how much sense this is making. It is me rambling on the internet to who knows who. It's beyond political. It is at the very soul of society at large. It goes to values(not just mine count).

Here are some stats that I'm pulling from memory....

African Americans make up 13% of the population and commit about 50% of the murders nationally. Is this cause blacks are irredeemably violent? Nope. Over 70% or so are living in fatherless homes.

8 or 9/10 people on death row have been in foster care or state custody as a minor.

Asians make up the most affluent race in the United States per capita and are almost nonexistent on the crime stats. Why? Strong family units.

It isn't about race, it is about guidance and support. Those who receive guidance and support from more than just teachers or DHS workers on average thrive. They find a way.

Dr. Ben Carson gets made fun of but central to his story is a very strict mother that refused to give him up to the streets. Not everyone is that well equipped to do this thing alone, especially when they are from the same cycle themselves.

TL:DR I know I know, so what.

God bless guys and gals. We need it.
God's Peace,

I really enjoy your perspective and agree that upbringing has a lot to do with it. My own rambling comments are this--

I've read recently that Oklahoma has one of the highest rates of grandparents raising grandchildren in the country. I can see this two ways--1) in other states are those kids in foster care or on the streets because no one is willing to take them in? In that way, it may be a good statistic. BUT 2) these same grandparents are the ones that raised a child who then is a parental failure. Do they have much chance of having a better outcome the second time around?

Other random thought--been doing some genealogy recently and broken homes are certainly not a new thing. Granted the causes were likely different. I have a G-G grandfather that within a period of six years suffered the death of two wives and two children and was on wife number three. His oldest daughter was on step-mother number two at the age of five. Is it the circumstance that make it different? Were people just tougher? Do we have the idea that life is always supposed to be easy and fun?

I wish there was a "Rational" forum where people could discuss ideas without calling each other names and dragging politicians into it by the third post.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I agree many of society's ill's stem from the breakdown of the family. Racial inequity, gangs, violence, prison over crowding, entitlement programs at cost to the tax payer, all hurt by breakdown of the family unit. So what can we do about that?

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
God's Peace,

I really enjoy your perspective and agree that upbringing has a lot to do with it. My own rambling comments are this--

I've read recently that Oklahoma has one of the highest rates of grandparents raising grandchildren in the country. I can see this two ways--1) in other states are those kids in foster care or on the streets because no one is willing to take them in? In that way, it may be a good statistic. BUT 2) these same grandparents are the ones that raised a child who then is a parental failure. Do they have much chance of having a better outcome the second time around?

Other random thought--been doing some genealogy recently and broken homes are certainly not a new thing. Granted the causes were likely different. I have a G-G grandfather that within a period of six years suffered the death of two wives and two children and was on wife number three. His oldest daughter was on step-mother number two at the age of five. Is it the circumstance that make it different? Were people just tougher? Do we have the idea that life is always supposed to be easy and fun?

I wish there was a "Rational" forum where people could discuss ideas without calling each other names and dragging politicians into it by the third post.
I think your 1 & 2 are valid. Here's my attempt.

1. Oklahoma is a poor state. Being raised by two parents doesn't guarantee your kid will be awesome, but the chances are much better statistically that they won't be broke and career criminals. I have taught in two different(wildly) small communities and I have seen a ton of grandparents having to do this. Often times they are too old to really keep up with the kids, or even be too harsh trying to overcome whatever went wrong with their parents when they were growing up. Often it has been 1 grandparent, though. This is somewhat better than foster care, but not always.

2. It isn't always how you raise them. No matter who you are this can go sideways. Often times it is simply one grandparent or still impoverished. It simply takes more than their presence.

A great example I remember was a man and his wife that took in his nieces and nephews. Mom had died from an overdose. I haven't a clue where dad was at all. Those kids were a mixed bag of lots of different problems, but they were able to work through it with lots of love and effort. Not easy times, but they had the energy and discipline to work with those kids and guide them to a better life. There were 3. 2 are college graduates, 2 are moms. 1 is military. They had lots of excuses to fail but this man and his family refused to let them sink. He wasn't easy on them either, and I think he probably overdid it a bit.

BTW, this dude is a major OU fan. He once had my middle child over to stay with his daughter and posted a pic of her in an OU hat. So I got all his kids and nieces and nephews together(6) and put them all in OSU gear and hats and had them take a bunch of photos doing OSU signs and Go Pokes. He surrendered.

I think society has pushed too hard into the world of "you do you" and "you can't judge me" nonsense. I think it takes standards. We've had poor and broken communities forever, but societal standards didn't allow for a lot of this foolishness. I think that can be accomplished without witch trials or Inquisition. There's always going to be criminals and those who do evil in the world. Society promotes clout chasing, infamy, fame, and simply "making' it regardless of how. Kim Kardashian has built an empire for her family by simply making a porn video of herself. My students are really keen to go viral and be famous without much concern about how they get there. The ones with real guidance at home and positive attachment to things like sports really stand out. They think they are all little badasses. They aren't. They are really docile in many ways, but I can see how it could lead to outrageous outbursts if things aren't handled well. Kids are already prone to rash extreme behavior.

We are also ridiculously reactionary. Social media begs for you to respond and be involved 24/7. Our young people have no idea how to step back and think and breathe. They don't know about processing information and coming up with a good response or knowing how/when to walk away. This is why so many kids get cyberbullied and don't know what to do. As open and free as information flies around these days we are somewhat trapped by it. It's crazy. I don't believe it is video games and movies causing stuff like mass shootings. It is someone who has lost any connection to humanity and sees no more value in life at all. They'd rather go out in a "blaze of glory" than live in this mixed messaging world.

I hope that makes some sense. Sorry that I'm writing novels.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I agree many of society's ill's stem from the breakdown of the family. Racial inequity, gangs, violence, prison over crowding, entitlement programs at cost to the tax payer, all hurt by breakdown of the family unit. So what can we do about that?
I think the idea of community has to return. Actual concern for the neighbors and the people we come in contact with. We are in the "I'm doing me" and "I gotta get mine" era. We see people struggling and just let it slide by. I think we have to have more concern for each other. Not in a busy body way, but in a real way.

This is why I say this isn't political, but it wouldn't hurt for politicians to get on board with this and stop flame-throwing about everything.

I'm a pretty conservative Christian man who is deeply flawed. My students don't all reflect that. I don't pick and choose which ones to care about and which ones to show concern for. Sometimes it is the kid that pisses you off the most that needs the biggest hug. You can see it on their faces. You can show them that they matter anyway.

I had an argument with a kid last year that told me he was "trash" and that he didn't matter. I don't think I changed his mind, but I challenged that nonsense. Others have too. The problem is if it's just those of us at the school giving that message, will it stick? Maybe, but it's worth a try. 4 former students and 1 parent have committed suicide in my teaching career. All after I switch schools, and it wasn't because I wasn't there to save the day, but it is because there is a ton of hopelessness that has to be overcome. Not all teachers and schools employees really care that much, it's true. A lot do though.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Stop putting fathers in prison over non-violent crimes and you'll have more kids with fathers.
Many of those fathers are absentee already, and "non-violent" is a bit of a gray area.

Despite what some will say, we are not really throwing people in the hole for having a blunt in the ashtray. Usually it requires someone to be dealing in pretty good quantities, which means putting drugs into the hands of people who commit violent crimes in order to support their habits. I'm in favor of de-criminalizing pot, but lets not act like everyone in for a drug offense is some small time user.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It is likely this forum is populated by people who are 99% male and 99% white. The fact is the shooters are males and are white and the more recent targets often are people of color..
you cannot prove any of that statement, and hence the rest of your post is meaningless and nonsensical.

You did not even define what is "white" (in this forum)... and it is totally skewed to state that shooters are white ..... because, guess what, there are more white people. Duh.

On a percentage basis white people commit FEWER mass shootings, and fewer murders in general than some other segments of the population.

White men ARE NOT THE PROBLEM - your false characterization and blame game is the problem.

...most current census estimate that 76.9 percent of Americans are white, the whites-are-overrepresented-among-mass-shooters meme appears even less accurate. Perpetrators that Mother Jones classifies as Asian make up 7.4 percent of the data set, versus an estimated 5.7 percent of the population, while those MoJo identifies as black represent 17.0 percent of the mass shooters in the database versus an estimated 13.3 percent of the population. According to this data set, then, Asians and black Americans are overrepresented among mass shooters by about the same proportion (a bit more than one-fourth) that whites are underrepresented. This means the population rate of mass shootings by whites (at least according to the tiny sample measured in the MoJo database) is 0.021 per 100,000 people, while the corresponding rate of mass shootings by blacks is 1.7 times higher, at 0.037.

This disparity, which could be thought of as the statistical non-whiteness of mass shootings, is much smaller in magnitude than the one for killings nationwide. Overall murder rates among black Americans are 6.3 times higher than they are for whites, according to a report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Another report suggests white offenders made up just 45.3 percent of everyone who committed homicides between 1980 and 2008.* In other words, white Americans may be somewhat underrepresented among mass shooters, but they’re even more underrepresented among all killers. In that limited sense, it would be fair to say that whites are responsible for more public massacres than you might expect. Does that mean their whiteness is a factor in these crimes?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ght-and-wrong-about-killers-demographics.html

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
For demographic purposes...

I am white, 98% European 2% North African if my DNA test is to be believed. I am 40. I identify myself as a Christian. I have a wife(white) and 3 daughters. 1 of those daughters is biological. The other 2 are adopted, but they are not white. They are pretty darn dark, one might say black.

Hopefully someone helps me make sense of all these data points so I know just how I'm supposed to feel as a white protestant male American, and how I should digest our horrible history of injustice. Please and thank you.

Am I supporting the Patriarchy? Do I benefit from privilege? Do I have a great credit score? Help?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
For demographic purposes...

I am white, 98% European 2% North African if my DNA test is to be believed. I am 40. I identify myself as a Christian. I have a wife(white) and 3 daughters. 1 of those daughters is biological. The other 2 are adopted, but they are not white. They are pretty darn dark, one might say black.

Hopefully someone helps me make sense of all these data points so I know just how I'm supposed to feel as a white protestant male American, and how I should digest our horrible history of injustice. Please and thank you.

Am I supporting the Patriarchy? Do I benefit from privilege? Do I have a great credit score? Help?
perhaps we'll have to begin here:

Tell us a bit about your childhood, specifically your hatred for you father, if he was present in the household, and then tell us the things you most despise about your mother...

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
perhaps we'll have to begin here:

Tell us a bit about your childhood, specifically your hatred for you father, if he was present in the household, and then tell us the things you most despise about your mother...
Dad was dead at 3(parents were divorced at 1).

Mom married two felons, both of which destroyed my ability to have healthy relationships with men.

How deep you want to go?