It's 90 degrees in Anchorage and people are Climate Freaking out

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Meanwhile, many cities in the Midwest had one of the coolest springs in a long while. Didn't hear the alarmists say a thing about that. Hmm, almost like it's intentional.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I would be freaking out. I hate the heat and have been thinking of getting place up north.
I'm heading to Newfoundland on Tuesday. Forecast highs Wednesday and Thursday are 60 and 59, respectively, with lows in the mid-40s. My wife has been looking for a small place there we could buy and rent out most of the year and live in for most of the summer.

Sep 18, 2006
SEC country :(
I'm heading to Newfoundland on Tuesday. Forecast highs Wednesday and Thursday are 60 and 59, respectively, with lows in the mid-40s. My wife has been looking for a small place there we could buy and rent out most of the year and live in for most of the summer.
Was in Newfoundland back in May with a buddy. Bonne Bay (Woody Point) to be exact, hiking in Gros Morne. It was 95 when I left the States. Highs the next day when we were hiking? Didn't make it into the 40s.

Beautiful place. My buddy was talking about finding a place up there and retiring. Definitely on my list of places to revisit.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Was in Newfoundland back in May with a buddy. Bonne Bay (Woody Point) to be exact, hiking in Gros Morne. It was 95 when I left the States. Highs the next day when we were hiking? Didn't make it into the 40s.

Beautiful place. My buddy was talking about finding a place up there and retiring. Definitely on my list of places to revisit.
We spent a couple days in/around Gros Morne last year - my wife has a cousin in Rocky Harbor. We headed inland on June 2nd and it snowed like hell for our entire 3 hour drive. My MIL is from Nfld and over the years I've been to many parts of the island - there is beautiful scenery every where you go. We'll spend most of the next 2 weeks near the north-central coast, we should be able to see some great icebergs.

Sep 18, 2006
SEC country :(
We spent a couple days in/around Gros Morne last year - my wife has a cousin in Rocky Harbor. We headed inland on June 2nd and it snowed like hell for our entire 3 hour drive. My MIL is from Nfld and over the years I've been to many parts of the island - there is beautiful scenery every where you go. We'll spend most of the next 2 weeks near the north-central coast, we should be able to see some great icebergs.
Yes, many amazing sights! And the people up that way were so kind and accommodating to a couple of American idiots, and their accents were awesome.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
So you're saying I can escape my manapause? Tired of being hot. Even in Seattle. I need 40's for highs just to feel normal.