It was the best of times...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
The lines below from A Tale of Two Cities remind me of our present time in America:
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period..."

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
None want these times of uncertainty with the possibility of an early death but these can be good times as well. It causes us to access our life both the good and the bad. The stuff that was important and the stuff that was a complete waste of our limited time here on this earth. It gives us time to refocus and redirect our attention upon the most important things in our life. What about you?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Each of us are asking what will become of us as a person, a family and as a nation. I believe we will come through this as a better nation, with better families and as better persons. It was though times like this that changed my life...all for the better. I learned that there is a God..a God who loves and cares for me..despite all
my self centered behavior. I learned that he hears me, at times does miracles ...even for a man like me.