It Was A Great Saturday @ Baylor!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PCW

Cowboy
Aug 1, 2006
Oklahoma City
Thanks to everyone who attended the tailgate Saturday and we really missed those who couldn't make it.

If you weren’t there, here's what you missed:

About 12 noon, We set-up right in front of the main entrance to Floyd Casey Stadium on second row.

We ended up combining tailgates with Basokla & RedDirts group plus one other party that fell under the spell of the mini-bar (I’m The Intoxicologist, you are The Intoxicants). Thanks to everyone for the wonderful Cowboy hospitality.

Before the game, a representative from Baylor gave us a tour of the Cowboy's Locker Room at Floyd Casey Stadium.

"The Best Band In The Big 12", The OSU Band set-up right in front of our tailgates and gave us a concert before the game (of course, led by Exit 174). Thanks guys you were great before & during the game!

Fox Sports visited our tailgate. They got shots of Iron Chef Erick displaying his master BBQing skills and they even sampled the mini-bar (don't tell anyone). A Fox cameraman, commenting on the mini-bar, "if the rest of the crew knew this was down here there wouldn't be a broadcast tonight"!

The Road Rally, a great turn out and the Pokes looked ready to play!

Ericks excellent barbecue brisket, ribs & smoked bologna and the mini-bar were firing on all cylinders.

A first for our tailgate "The CowboyTau Beer Pong Table". Erick thought all the players were professionals (that's why he got schooled).

Our national & international guests: CowboyTau & his NCAA Entourage. Glen had friends from Texas, Texas A&M, Kansas State & Michigan (and those are just the ones I knew about). Cowgirl17 & her cousin from England, BigPete was in the house with some DFW OSU Alumni, BleedOrange and our BAVB (big ass victory beers), a ton of players parents, relatives and friends (highlighted by my great friend Ernest Sexton & his wonderful family) and many more Cowboy friends, fans & faithful.

Game time, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Arrived early, selected our seats behind the Cowboys defensive bench and watched a GREAT performance on the field by our Cowboys against Baylor. The Fox camera crew was roaming the eastside bleachers taking pictures of the OSU fans all around us (if you wanted to be on TV it was easy Saturday) and of course getting to sing The Alma Mater after the game with the OSU players, coaches, band, fans & friends was terrific.

After the game, we hung around the parking lot celebrating the victory for a while but everyone was tired & happy and started to head home. When the player’s bus left, we packed up and donated some Fat Tire, Coors Light and 2 bottles of shots to CowboyTau & crew. As we were driving away from our parking space around 10:45 pm, CowboyTau’s group was the last one standing playing Beer Pong, shouting 3 cheers for Chris & PCW is Jesus.

So as you can imagine, it was a wild one in Waco!

Special thanks for their endless hours of preparation, selfless dedication of their time, herculean effort in helping prepare and host this tailgate goes out to Erick, Joe & Carrie really glad we finally got to tailgate next to each other. You guys are the GREATEST!

And last but certainly not least, my wife Christina who puts up with all my shenanigans!

Thanks again to everyone for a “Wild Weekend In Waco” & hope to see ya at a bowl game.

How about them Cowboys!

PCW

Feb 5, 2007
It wasn't one of your guests that puked in the stands before the half was it? He cleared out a big swath of fans. However, they were down and in front of me so it made my field of vision that much more unobstructed.

Oct 26, 2004
Parts Unknown
The puker wasn't any of my group who partied with PCW and Erick...

To add some color and detail to my group:

2 TAMU Aggies
1 UT Longhorn
1 Memorial Univ. Fightin' Newfie (Newfoundland, Canadia)
1 TAMU - Commerce Lion
1 Michigan Wolverine
1 Illinois Illini
1 K-State Wildcat
1 LSU Tiger
1 Dallas County Community College Fightin' French Fry Maker

Yes, we were the VERY last ones standing. They shut out all the lights on us. Good times.

Jul 22, 2005
Yukon
Randy, you need to change your user name from "PCW" to "Mr. Hospitality"! You are top notch, and we appreciate you opening your car doors to us. Chris and your efforts were very much noted and appreciated. I'm a little disappointed in you though. That fact that you recalled as many details as you did above is clear evidence that you didn't have near enough of those shots from the shot tray!

Erick, I've got a few people coming over to the house this Thursday... would you mind coming over and whip up a little bbq? That was some outstanding quisine you provided.

Special thanks to girl-N-orange. You, Randy, Erick, & and the Cowboys made a 9-year old's first "away" game, a blast!

OStateMan

Banned
Banned
Feb 4, 2004
Vail, Colorado
Man, it's great to hear all of the tailgating stories.
Haven't heard a bad one, yet.

I was just wondering if you tailgaters could add some photos to those fantastic stories, they'd be even more enjoyable.

You can't go wrong with party pics.....unless they're incriminating.

This stories sure do make me wish I was living within a few hours drive from Stillwater and the Big 12 venues.

The SEC may be wilder and larger, but who cares about them.
I'm orange.

GO POKES!! BEAT OU!!

Sep 17, 2007
Mustang
www.myspace.com
Randy - you and Chris are top-notch and I'm so thrilled we've gotten to hang out this year and celebrate Cowboy football!

Erick - stellar work on the food, as per usual. Luckily for me, I've gotten to enjoy it for years.

Hopefully this was just the first of many collaborations. I'll don't want to speak for Carrie, but I'm sure she won't mind me telling you thanks for her and that we had loads of fun. Thanks again!

-Joe

Sep 15, 2007
Thanks to everyone who attended the tailgate Saturday and we really missed those who couldn't make it.

If you weren’t there, here's what you missed:

About 12 noon, We set-up right in front of the main entrance to Floyd Casey Stadium on second row.

We ended up combining tailgates with Basokla & RedDirts group plus one other party that fell under the spell of the mini-bar (I’m The Intoxicologist, you are The Intoxicants). Thanks to everyone for the wonderful Cowboy hospitality.

Before the game, a representative from Baylor gave us a tour of the Cowboy's Locker Room at Floyd Casey Stadium.

"The Best Band In The Big 12", The OSU Band set-up right in front of our tailgates and gave us a concert before the game (of course, led by Exit 174). Thanks guys you were great before & during the game!

Fox Sports visited our tailgate. They got shots of Iron Chef Erick displaying his master BBQing skills and they even sampled the mini-bar (don't tell anyone). A Fox cameraman, commenting on the mini-bar, "if the rest of the crew knew this was down here there wouldn't be a broadcast tonight"!

The Road Rally, a great turn out and the Pokes looked ready to play!

Ericks excellent barbecue brisket, ribs & smoked bologna and the mini-bar were firing on all cylinders.

A first for our tailgate "The CowboyTau Beer Pong Table". Erick thought all the players were professionals (that's why he got schooled).

Our national & international guests: CowboyTau & his NCAA Entourage. Glen had friends from Texas, Texas A&M, Kansas State & Michigan (and those are just the ones I knew about). Cowgirl17 & her cousin from England, BigPete was in the house with some DFW OSU Alumni, BleedOrange and our BAVB (big ass victory beers), a ton of players parents, relatives and friends (highlighted by my great friend Ernest Sexton & his wonderful family) and many more Cowboy friends, fans & faithful.

Game time, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Arrived early, selected our seats behind the Cowboys defensive bench and watched a GREAT performance on the field by our Cowboys against Baylor. The Fox camera crew was roaming the eastside bleachers taking pictures of the OSU fans all around us (if you wanted to be on TV it was easy Saturday) and of course getting to sing The Alma Mater after the game with the OSU players, coaches, band, fans & friends was terrific.

After the game, we hung around the parking lot celebrating the victory for a while but everyone was tired & happy and started to head home. When the player’s bus left, we packed up and donated some Fat Tire, Coors Light and 2 bottles of shots to CowboyTau & crew. As we were driving away from our parking space around 10:45 pm, CowboyTau’s group was the last one standing playing Beer Pong, shouting 3 cheers for Chris & PCW is Jesus.

So as you can imagine, it was a wild one in Waco!

Special thanks for their endless hours of preparation, selfless dedication of their time, herculean effort in helping prepare and host this tailgate goes out to Erick, Joe & Carrie really glad we finally got to tailgate next to each other. You guys are the GREATEST!

And last but certainly not least, my wife Christina who puts up with all my shenanigans!

Thanks again to everyone for a “Wild Weekend In Waco” & hope to see ya at a bowl game.

How about them Cowboys!

PCW
LOL! Actually OrangeGirl17 & her cousin from England! Thanks everyone for making my cousin, Lucy, feel welcome! She had a great time at her first American football game! And we greatly appreciated the hospitality of the "PCW/Eric Tailgate." We had a great time hanging out with the OSU faithful and look forward to meeting up with you at future games! And thanks to everybody who participated in the "on-camera" cheering after our first score in the second half!! Getting on TV will be an excellent momento for Lucy to take back with her to England! (I'll treasure it too!)

Now - it's time to focus on Turkey & Bedlam! Go Pokes! Beat the Sooners!

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
Actually, they have a "no alcohol" rule there. We were told by some very nice Baylor fans that as long as we use cups and aren't overdoing it, we would be fine.

I was wondering where you were Lewis.

The band did a great job. I was thrilled to see them play right there in the middle of all the tailgating. Thanks Exit 174!

I am glad Lucy had such a great time, I think we all stepped up our game to show what a good tailgate was like. I don't remember the film crew up there during the game though, and we were sitting right next to you guys.