Is Trump racist?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
When has he equivocated?

Never. I was wrong. If you two newshounds have never heard of this idea then clearly I made it up. Each time Trump has spoken on this type subject his words have been clear and distinct without any possible way that someone might think that he was hiding meaning in it.

But, on the left, it happens all the time. I mean, I think we will all agree that Rep Omar's statements about Israeli:
“It’s all about the Benjamins, baby!”

Or 9/11:
'SOME PEOPLE DID SOMETHING'

Not innocent statements. Clearly, she could try to explain those away as innocent. You know, money is important for a country. And, some people did do something on 9/11. But, I think we would all suspect that despite the ability to claim those as innocent, there is a meaning in them for people that want there to be a meaning.

Just fortunate that our president has never done something like that while on the campaign TRAIL.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Is the "racist" someone who appoints people based on their race and political stance, or someone who appoints people based on their merit and political stance without regard to their race? Is having a bias against certain political ideas racist? Which party defines what is racism based on it's political tactics and ideas? The person that defines racism based on politics may actually be the racist.

I would think the reason Trump doesn't appoint more blacks to positions of power is not that he's a "racist" but that not as many blacks meet his political qualifiers. There just aren't as many Ben Carson's as there are Corey Bookers...but we likely wouldn't even know really because those who are Carson's are afraid to speak out due to the public backlash they tend to get. I have a very dear minister friend, he's a mentor to me actually, who is really right leaning politically but just happens to be African American. I pray with him almost daily on a verity of topics (mostly our friends and family) but often including political discourse in our country.

Btw, I also agree with the left leaning poster that each of us have an inherent bit of racism due to cultural upbringing in various forms and that we need to fight that tendency and to value each and ever human being as God's creation. The problem comes when people want to lump everyone of a certain race together and they start to pre judge those who are different just because of a trait that they don't control.

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Never. I was wrong. If you two newshounds have never heard of this idea then clearly I made it up. Each time Trump has spoken on this type subject his words have been clear and distinct without any possible way that someone might think that he was hiding meaning in it.
It isn't like you to back down like this. Tell us what you think he equivocated on?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It isn't like you to back down like this. Tell us what you think he equivocated on?
Which means:
"It isn't like you to back down. So, instead of accepting it, I am going to push the issue and try to make you make a statement about one equivocation instead of the general idea that he does it. And, based on the fact that it would, by definition, be an indistinct, equivocal statement, it will be easy-peasy for me to point out the other side and get a bunch of likes/winners etc on this very conservative board."

Gee, I think I'll stick with backing down. Most of the time I can't change your mind about things that seem obvious and factual to me if it goes against a conservative point. It would be an exercise in futility to try to get you to see recurrent subtly like this based on an example.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Which means:
"It isn't like you to back down. So, instead of accepting it, I am going to push the issue and try to make you make a statement about one equivocation instead of the general idea that he does it. And, based on the fact that it would, by definition, be an indistinct, equivocal statement, it will be easy-peasy for me to point out the other side and get a bunch of likes/winners etc on this very conservative board."

Gee, I think I'll stick with backing down. Most of the time I can't change your mind about things that seem obvious and factual to me if it goes against a conservative point. It would be an exercise in futility to try to get you to see recurrent subtly like this based on an example.
Oh, c'mon. What's the fun in that? Tell you what, I won't even argue against it, even if I disagree. I just want to hear it.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The problem with all of this, is the left are like a bunch of flat Earth society people. If you start bringing up the fact that they're trying to nuance comments and take them out of context and make them mean racism they'll just stop fighting with you and yell "TRUMP IS RACIST!!". Just like a flat earther when presented with facts that dispute their nuanced belief of the conspiracy of government since the time of Columbus to hide the fact there is a flat Earth they'll just yell "THE EARTH IS FLAT!!". Then they'll run off like they won the argument.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The problem with all of this, is the left are like a bunch of flat Earth society people. If you start bringing up the fact that they're trying to nuance comments and take them out of context and make them mean racism they'll just stop fighting with you and yell "TRUMP IS RACIST!!". Just like a flat earther when presented with facts that dispute their nuanced belief of the conspiracy of government since the time of Columbus to hide the fact there is a flat Earth they'll just yell "THE EARTH IS FLAT!!". Then they'll run off like they won the argument.

So, what is your opinion of Rep Omar's comments?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
This was a very @CaliforniaCowboy kind of post.
Well, would need at least two randomly CAPITALIZED words, a statement that insults your intelligence but is worded in a way that it can be claimed to only be insulting the thought, and then some gibberish about his way being the only way to support freedom and liberty.

But, other than that, yea.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Which comments?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Which comments?

Oh you mean the ones taken in context with everything else she does and says that prove she's a race-baiting jew hater and wishes to murder them? Or are you talking about the ones that when taken into context with everything else she says and does proves that she really cares nothing about the American people and loves terrorists?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Oh you mean the ones taken in context with everything else she does and says that prove she's a race-baiting jew hater and wishes to murder them? Or are you talking about the ones that when taken into context with everything else she says and does proves that she really cares nothing about the American people and loves terrorists?

Thanks for making my point without me even needing to pull it out of you.
Your perception is your reality. Same for the people that you adamantly disagree with. They see Trump's comments as race-baiting and hers as taken out of context. You are two sides of the same coin. The fact is that this is a tactic that many politicians are employing to keep those people voting for them on both sides.