Is Trump racist?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'll say I voted against Hillary but was no fan of Trump. All that aside it's repeated so often that Trump, and his supporters by definition, are racist. Serious question here, what has he done, or said, that confirms this?

I know he wants a wall, but that really is no more than just trying to uphold the rule of immigration law. He made the comment about ****hole countries, that seemed a bit racist. Although he denies making the comment, it sounds like something he would say. But then again, statistically those countries he was referring to have a lower standard of living, literacy rate, and significantly higher HIV positive rate, so skin color aside a case could be made that those countries are less advanced.

FWIW, Geraldo Rivera, who is not a Trump supporter, claims to know him personally and said "Trump doesn't have a racist bone in his body". Anyway, for the Trump haters or defenders, let me hear it.

I could be persuaded either way.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
No, he's not racist. The Dems have been using this same political tactic for decades...they just ramped it up to 11 against Trump.

Trump has disavowed the KKK more times than the entire Dem presidential field combined has disavowed antifa.

Jul 22, 2011
No, he's not racist. The Dems have been using this same political tactic for decades...they just ramped it up to 11 against Trump.

Trump has disavowed the KKK more times than the entire Dem presidential field combined has disavowed antifa.
I remember John McCain and Mitt Romney before they were "courageous men of principle for standing up to Trump". They were "racist, sexist, anti-gay nazis" when they were running against Obama.

Last edited:

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
His son in law and grandkids (and possibly Daughter) are Jewish. He's done more with his own money to actually help poor people regardless of color than any of the Dims have done. They compassionately use someone else's money to buy votes uhm help the poor.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The answer to that question all depends on how you define racist.
In simplest terms has he done or said anything that indicates a dislike or lack of respect for anyone based on race? It's a sincere question because I hear that he is so often and it is referenced as if it is a commonly accepted fact.

I try not make it a habit of defending Trump because people are so emotional about the guy, but I really couldn't remember what it is other than his boisterous way of talking about border security. Most presidential candidates have expressed a desire to control the flow of illegal immigrants but Trump just went with something more tangible than the typical "comprehensive, immigration reform" we usually hear. Then threw in "and they'll pay for it" just to remind us he's Trump.

Nov 6, 2010
Let me start my answer by first saying that I believe every human being is racist, it is simply a matter of degree. Having said that, I don't believe Trump is particularly racist, I just don't believe it is something he cares that much about. Now the hard core racists sure seem to like Trump, and he courts their votes with some of his rhetoric, but again, I think that is just him understanding his base, not really his own sentiments. Now I'm told by many on this board to judge his actions not his words, so from that perspective, if you're going to make an argument for him being more of a racist, look at his higher profile appointments. They are overwhelmingly white men, which seems to indicate he thinks white men are the most qualified to run things.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
He's also been accused if being homophobic, even though he is the first president in US history to enter office supporting gay marriage. Bill Clinton does not hold that distinction. Barack Obama does not hold that distinction. Only Donald Trump does.....so yeah, how a person defines these words to fit their narrative makes all the difference.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
He signed the First Step Act and Second Chance Bill, and had approved 100 billion towards urban revitalization. Black unemployment is extremely low. Also, if he's so racist them look at#blexit on social media. if he is “racist” he’s not doing it right. As for his appointments, there are black and other minorities in judicial appointments. There are also women in his appointments. I believe he just finds the right person with the best credentials to do the job and doesn't look at the color of their skin or the makeup of their dna.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Now the hard core racists sure seem to like Trump,
I would argue that has just as much to do with the media telling these people every day that Trump supports them, as much as it does any rhetoric coming out of his mouth.

Let's be honest, if these people could think for themselves, they might not be susceptible to such hate groups in the first place, so them believing when the media says Trump is a racist isn't a stretch.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I knew some racists who supported Obama. That didn't make him a racist.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I would argue that has just as much to do with the media telling these people every day that Trump supports them, as much as it does any rhetoric coming out of his mouth.

Let's be honest, if these people could think for themselves, they might not be susceptible to such hate groups in the first place, so them believing when the media says Trump is a racist isn't a stretch.
I would agree with “just as much” as you said.

But, he isn’t totally innocent in this regard. He has equivocated at times when he could have made unconditional statements.

Jul 20, 2018
They are overwhelmingly white men, which seems to indicate he thinks white men are the most qualified to run things.
Or, he came up with a list of important qualifications for the jobs and it so happens that more white men than others met his criteria. These race and gender based check marks might give everyone a warm and fuzzy but they don't always put the most qualified person in the job.

Last edited: