Is Trump gonna bail.......

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
On his campaign? I’m not predicting it yet, but in Trump’s world, what’s the one thing worse than admitting you might lose?

Admitting you lost.

I think the nationwide spike in the virus has/will take what wind is left completely out of his sails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
I don't think he bails. He likely has reelection sewn up. People are afraid to support Trump openly right now. The vocal masses are spouting anit-Trump this and that, and these same people will quietly vote Trump come the election. Just my .2 cents.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I don't think he bails. He likely has reelection sewn up. People are afraid to support Trump openly right now. The vocal masses are spouting anit-Trump this and that, and these same people will quietly vote Trump come the election. Just my .2 cents.
FWIW, in my circle of conservative friends, Trump was getting 100% support 4 months ago. Now, less than 50%. For many conservatives, he’s simply put it in the ditch and can’t get out.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't think his massive ego will allow him to even consider that he might lose. And if he can't accept that possible outcome then how can he resign for that reason.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
I don't think he bails.
I don't think he wins.
I don't think he admits he lost. It'll be weird, but no weirder than Hillary's denial that she lost.

I think they can effectively hide Joe Biden's corruption and dementia behind Corona fear and BLM riots for the next 4 months.

20% of the country need Facebook to remind them that they need to go vote. These people aren't seeking out conservative news alternatives.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Too bad the only other option is liberals. Liberals who ruin every last thing they have ever touched. See every city on fire currently for proof.
If you think liberal and conservative politicians are not very similar then you aren’t paying attention. Conservatives claim to be fiscally responsible but we are paying out welfare and increasing the deficit at an alarming rate right now.

Jul 22, 2011
If you think liberal and conservative politicians are not very similar then you aren’t paying attention. Conservatives claim to be fiscally responsible but we are paying out welfare and increasing the deficit at an alarming rate right now.
Solution: Speaker of the House Chip Roy.

Republicans suck, but if you are lamenting deficit spending there is only one place to find fiscally responsible politicians and it ain’t at a Marxist rally.

Sep 12, 2008
Its hard to win when your opponents are willing to destroy almost anything to keep out the bad Orange man. As long as the parties keep trotting out the same old losers then we get what we deserved.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Just spitballing here....

But when does the RNC admit to itself Trump has winning economic, domestic and foreign policies, but his paranoia, personality, behavior and unwillingness to listen to his advisors and experts is going to lead to defeat in November?

Why not quietly go to Cruz or Rubio or Cotton (or other) and explore jumping in (with Trump’s policies) at the right moment?

Oct 30, 2007
I would take Pence over Trump in a heartbeat, but I don't think that happens. Trump never backs down from a fight with anyone. If he loses, he'll just blame voter fraud. He needs to hope that the virus fades and the economy surges in the 3rd quarter to have a shot at winning.

Jul 22, 2011
The libertarian party? Because that is the only correct answer.
Tried that last time. They say you can wish in one hand...

Ideologically, I agree with almost every aspect of Jo Jorgensen's platform (except immigration). I agree with my friend Bill on even more issues than her. Maybe I should write in Bill's name. The outcome would be equal, a wasted vote.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I would take Pence over Trump in a heartbeat, but I don't think that happens. Trump never backs down from a fight with anyone. If he loses, he'll just blame voter fraud. He needs to hope that the virus fades and the economy surges in the 3rd quarter to have a shot at winning.
Pence? You bet, in another heartbeat.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Its hard to win when your opponents are willing to destroy almost anything to keep out the bad Orange man. As long as the parties keep trotting out the same old losers then we get what we deserved.
Oh FFS. Trump knocked himself out. Situations came up which required actual leadership and he only knows how to be divisive.

Last edited:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Tried that last time. They say you can wish in one hand...

Ideologically, I agree with almost every aspect of Jo Jorgensen's platform (except immigration). I agree with my friend Bill on even more issues than her. Maybe I should write in Bill's name. The outcome would be equal, a wasted vote.
A wasted vote is voting for someone that doesn't represent you. How do you expect to have any real change happen, when the same shitty candidates get 90-95% of the vote and significant portions of the population vote for someone who is nothing like them and doesn't share some of their values? It rewards the dems and reps for putting those god-awful candidates forward again and again--its a catch 22. Just like when a shitty business keeps getting bailed out, they don't learn from their mistakes and continue to run a bad business and need more bailouts in the future.

If the libertarian party can hit 5% in the presidential election, they get ballot access to every ballot in the country for every election automatically for the next 4 years. None of this gathering 10-15x the number of signatures just to make the ballot. It also would make them eligible for public matching funds, which would be helpful in getting their name recognition out there.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
A wasted vote is voting for someone that doesn't represent you. How do you expect to have any real change happen, when the same shitty candidates get 90-95% of the vote and significant portions of the population vote for someone who is nothing like them and doesn't share some of their values? It rewards the dems and reps for putting those god-awful candidates forward again and again--its a catch 22. Just like when a shitty business keeps getting bailed out, they don't learn from their mistakes and continue to run a bad business and need more bailouts in the future.

If the libertarian party can hit 5% in the presidential election, they get ballot access to every ballot in the country for every election automatically. None of this gathering 10-15x the number of signatures just to make the ballot. It also would make them eligible for public matching funds, which would be helpful in getting their name recognition out there.
I vigorously support your support of the LP.

I told someone else once, "The lesser-of-two-evils argument is fallacious, but it's effective as all hell"
Kind of like: "Gimme your money or I'll kill you!"

Sep 12, 2008

If the libertarian party can hit 5% in the presidential election, they get ballot access to every ballot in the country for every election automatically. None of this gathering 10-15x the number of signatures just to make the ballot. It also would make them eligible for public matching funds, which would be helpful in getting their name recognition out there.
One of the few things that Reps and Dems agree on is they will never allow a 3rd party to join the fun.