Is there anything the Chinese won't counterfeit, now dogs.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2018/05/10/woman-shocked-when-dog-raised-turns-out-to-be-fox.html

Woman shocked when dog she raised turns out to be a fox

By Alexandra Deabler | Fox News

A woman named Ms. Wang went to a pet store to buy a Japanese Spitz puppy, but quickly discovered the creature was a fox. (Shanxi Television)

A woman in China was stunned to discover her $190 pet Japanese Spitz was actually a domesticated fox.

The woman, identified as Ms. Wang by Chinese media, had purchased what she believed to be a Japanese Spitz puppy from a pet shop in China.

Wang thought she was purchasing a Japanese Spitz (pictured) for $190. (iStock)

KENTUCKY MAN LEAVES $190G IN WILL FOR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER: 'WE WERE ECSTATIC'

For months Wang raised the pup, but kept noticing odd behaviors, like the animal never barked and at three-months-old, the furry pet started refusing to eat dog food, she said. She also noticed some physical signs that seemed off.

Instead she discovered her puppy was a white-haired domesticated fox. (Shanxi Television)

"The fur got thicker when it reached three months old. Its face became pointy and its tail grew longer than that of a normal dog,” she reportedly told a Chinese media outlet.

"Other pet dogs seemed to be scared by my pet so I walked it with a leash,” she added.

Wang said she started to think something was off around 3 months where her pup's face started to become more pointy. (Shanxi Television)

Eventually Wang gave in to her suspicions and took her pet in to Sun Letian, an expert in animal epidemic prevention at Taiyuan Zoo, for advice.

"Based on the size, it is a domesticated fox. It carries a smell in their body and the smell can get stronger as it grows older,” Letian told Wang, The Mirror reported.

While the white-coated fox is currently only 12 inches long, it is expected to get bigger.

Wang also said during that time the animal stopped eating dog food and never barked. (Shanxi Television)

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

Once Wang learned her pet dog was actually a pet fox, she opted to give it up to the zoo, where she said it could receive a more suitable diet and “better living environment,” The Mirror reported.

The fox will be placed in quarantine for a month before it is put in an enclosure at the zoo

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I can genuinely say if I had bought a dog only find out it was a freaking domesticated fox, I wouldn't be the slightest bit upset. A pet fox would be totally awesome! Doesn't bark?? I'd go back to where I bought that "dog" and buy another!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I can genuinely say if I had bought a dog only find out it was a freaking domesticated fox, I wouldn't be the slightest bit upset. A pet fox would be totally awesome! Doesn't bark?? I'd go back to where I bought that "dog" and buy another!
I doubt stores sell fox food.
False. Amazon sells everything.

Monster Pet Supplies Spikes World Wildthings Badger And Fox Food https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Q38X1A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cIC9AbFTZ4WNH

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
LMMFAO! It continues!!! Maybe the Chinese need to push a little harder on Biology and less on the Maths. What's next? A greyhound that's actually a giraffe?!?!? :runaway:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/family-realizes-pet-dog-might-174149755.html

Family Realizes Pet Dog Might Be a Bear After Animal Starts to Walk Around on Hind Legs

There is more canine confusion in China.

Just a few days after news broke that a woman found out her puppy bought from a Chinese pet store last year is actually a fox, another pet owner has come to a similar conclusion.

According to The Independent, two years ago, Su Yun, from Kunming in the Yunnan province of China, bought a puppy on vacation, believing it to be a Tibetan Mastiff, and brought the animal home.

From day one, Yun and her family were impressed by their pet’s massive appetite. The “dog” reportedly chowed down on a box of fruit and two buckets of noodles everyday.

But it wasn’t until the pet reached 250 pounds and started walking around on its hind legs that they realized there was a mistake.

This “dog” is actually an Asiatic black bear.

Since the family is slightly (and reasonably) afraid of wild bears and is not capable of caring for one of the large creatures, they have since transferred their former family pet to Yunnan Wildlife Rescue Centre, where it will receive proper care from wildlife professionals.

Mar 23, 2013
LMMFAO! It continues!!! Maybe the Chinese need to push a little harder on Biology and less on the Maths. What's next? A greyhound that's actually a giraffe?!?!? :runaway:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/family-realizes-pet-dog-might-174149755.html

Family Realizes Pet Dog Might Be a Bear After Animal Starts to Walk Around on Hind Legs

There is more canine confusion in China.

Just a few days after news broke that a woman found out her puppy bought from a Chinese pet store last year is actually a fox, another pet owner has come to a similar conclusion.

According to The Independent, two years ago, Su Yun, from Kunming in the Yunnan province of China, bought a puppy on vacation, believing it to be a Tibetan Mastiff, and brought the animal home.

From day one, Yun and her family were impressed by their pet’s massive appetite. The “dog” reportedly chowed down on a box of fruit and two buckets of noodles everyday.

But it wasn’t until the pet reached 250 pounds and started walking around on its hind legs that they realized there was a mistake.

This “dog” is actually an Asiatic black bear.

Since the family is slightly (and reasonably) afraid of wild bears and is not capable of caring for one of the large creatures, they have since transferred their former family pet to Yunnan Wildlife Rescue Centre, where it will receive proper care from wildlife professionals.
All those empty picnic baskets should have set off alarm bells.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Having a fox as a pet might not be legal in this free country of ours, at least not in some states.

https://pethelpful.com/exotic-pets/exotic-pet-fox

In some states, like North Carolina, you can obtain a USDA license for exhibiting (you must 'exhibit' the animal to get this license such as doing library shows) and keep foxes, but they are otherwise illegal to pet owners. Some states might technically allow foxes but prevent you from importing them, making obtaining them impossible. Other states may surprisingly only allow you to keep foxes you caught yourself, or ideally, require proof a fox is captive-bred. Nevada prohibits all foxes but allows lions and elephants. Many states that had a fox species legal last month might be different now. You will pull your hair out trying to make sense of exotic pet laws.