Is Oklahoma Joe's Open in Tulsa?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Oklahoma Joes is good but not great. If you want the best BBQ in the state and every bit as good as Franklins in Austin (and you don't have to wait in line 5hrs) head over to Wellston to the Butcher BBQ Stand on old route 66. Unfreakin believable burnt rib ends...like meat flavored butter. Recently rated as THE best in Oklahoma. Only open Friday 11-sold out or 6pm...same on Saturday and Sunday 11-3 or till sold out. You won't be sorry

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Oklahoma Joes is good but not great. If you want the best BBQ in the state and every bit as good as Franklins in Austin (and you don't have to wait in line 5hrs) head over to Wellston to the Butcher BBQ Stand on old route 66. Unfreakin believable burnt rib ends...like meat flavored butter. Recently rated as THE best in Oklahoma. Only open Friday 11-sold out or 6pm...same on Saturday and Sunday 11-3 or till sold out. You won't be sorry
I've been there a few times. Definitely a thumbs up. The ribs are better than the burnt ends, IMO. BTW, the burnt ends are from brisket, not ribs.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
I've been there a few times. Definitely a thumbs up. The ribs are better than the burnt ends, IMO. BTW, the burnt ends are from brisket, not ribs.
You are correct, not rib ends. Not sure what I was thinking when rib got inserted. I've had the ribs and they are excellent but I prefer the burn't ends but that's why there is chocolate and vanilla, so everybody gets what they want. Took a friend there, he asked if the ribs were "fallin off the bone tender" and I suggested he try them to see. He picked up a rib and every bit of the meat fell off the bone...kinda funny at the time.