Is Chuba now the Heisman frontrunner?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
ESPN is and was filing an all access program on Oklahoma State so who is to say this wasn’t at least partially “planned?”

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I understand now!!!!
This is marketing genius!!! Gundy and Chuba set this up!! They saw an opening with Covid 19 and BLM protests...Gundy made the OAN comment knowing it would get attention and that he would probably get swag from them...hopefully a hat or a shirt that he could wear and then have one of the pistols firing guys tweet a photo of...Chuba would tweet outrage...they had previously reached out to former players to help fan the flames and —BOOM—media fire storm with Chuba moving into the national spotlight!!!!
I tell ya, Don Draper has nothing on Gundy when it comes to advertising genius!!!!!
whew...makes me feel better...

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Hope he runs for 2k and wins the heisman.....then crashes and burns in the nfl.
Like dude, where are you from man, and what's your deal?

Think about what the hell you just said. You want a guy wearing Oklahoma State to fail in the NFL??

Are you for real?

The guy chose to come here. Keeps a clean image off the field, crushes it on the field, and you want him to fail in the NFL? How the hell does him failing in the NFL help Oklahoma State??

I assure you a school like Pitt points to Larry Fitzgerald; or Cal points to Aaron Rodgers; or Texas A&M points to Von Miller when recruiting.

You want him to look like Ryan Leaf or something?

I am beyond understanding what you are a fan of.

Seriously, dude you need to check yourself.
Nah I'm good with cheering for someone who throws a hissy fit over a t shirt and implies racism as the fallout from it has continued to grow. Now there is nothing gundy can do or say to remove the stigma of racism from himself. That is why I will never cheer for him once he leaves because the racism card has already been played and gundy is stuck with it which will forever ruin his reputation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Nah I'm good with cheering for someone who throws a hissy fit over a t shirt and implies racism as the fallout from it has continued to grow. Now there is nothing gundy can do or say to remove the stigma of racism from himself. That is why I will never cheer for him once he leaves because the racism card has already been played and gundy is stuck with it which will forever ruin his reputation.

I think his actions over 15 years as coach of the program mean more than one player's tweet.
I agree being mislabeled as a racist does stink. But I also think the fear of being labeled racist is often blown out of proportion by white people.

I highly suggest you watch the Southpark episode "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson Episode 1 of Season 11 if you haven't already; It should be available on Hulu. It's available for $2.99 on Youtube. If you would like me to, I'll happily send you $3 if that's an issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abnpqt8D2Jg&has_verified=1

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

I think his actions over 15 years as coach of the program mean more than one player's tweet.
I agree being mislabeled as a racist does stink. But I also think the fear of being labeled racist is often blown out of proportion by white people.

I highly suggest you watch the Southpark episode "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson Episode 1 of Season 11 if you haven't already; It should be available on Hulu. It's available for $2.99 on Youtube. If you would like me to, I'll happily send you $3 if that's an issue.
Yea being labeled a racist is blown out of proportion. Holy hell I just can't even believe you actually believe anything you type. Any time someone is labeled a racist it ruins their lives without evidence of any such behavior, it doesn't matter. I hope one you are branded a racist as there will be no one there to defend you and you yourself will witness what it is like.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Yea being labeled a racist is blown out of proportion. Holy hell I just can't even believe you actually believe anything you type. Any time someone is labeled a racist it ruins their lives without evidence of any such behavior, it doesn't matter. I hope one you are branded a racist as there will be no one there to defend you and you yourself will witness what it is like.

Being mistakenly labeled a racist ruins someone's life.

You're going to ride with that??

I'm a standup comedian and writer in Hollywood; I've said many hundreds of jokes regarding race, religion, ethnicity. I've had people call me racist; I've analyzed the jokes asked other people, and if I felt those specific jokes were insensitive I removed them from my performances.

One of my favorite ones that black crowds in Los Angeles love is the 10 Freeway in Los Angeles is called the Rosa Parks freeway, which is appropriate, because you never get up and move.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 9.08.03 PM.png

Fun fact about that joke: I only tell that joke in black rooms and every time it crushes, especially for the over 40 crowd.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm a standup comedian and writer in Hollywood; I've said many hundreds of jokes regarding race, religion, ethnicity. I've had people call me racist; I've analyzed the jokes asked other people, and if I felt those specific jokes were insensitive I removed them from my performances.
Being a stand up comedian is different than many professions. Comedians are expected to be edgy and people know what they are getting when they go to a comedy club. Come drop that little pearl in a staff meeting at my job and see how it goes.

Spill the beans, have you done some stuff we would recognize? Can I google you up?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
He will have an opportunity to defend himself. The great thing about it is that Gundy will have an opportunity to speak to the media regarding the Chuba situation, Alfred williams situation, and sam hayes situation. I agree being racist isnt something that people should take lightly. Gundy can clear the air on what really happened and the cowboy culture changes that were implemented. Its only been a week, but I look forward to mike gundy addressing these when he speaks to the media next. If these arent true, I think a strong denial of the accusations is needed for all 3 situations to put this to rest and get ready for the season would go a long way.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
He will have an opportunity to defend himself. The great thing about it is that Gundy will have an opportunity to speak to the media regarding the Chuba situation, Alfred williams situation, and sam hayes situation. I agree being racist isnt something that people should take lightly. Gundy can clear the air on what really happened and the cowboy culture changes that were implemented. Its only been a week, but I look forward to mike gundy addressing these when he speaks to the media next. If these arent true, I think a strong denial of the accusations is needed for all 3 situations to put this to rest and get ready for the season would go a long way.
Everyone will have moved on and has made up their minds. The reputation of Gundy and OSU are sullied and it will hard to erase that.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Have you seen this? This woman is so scared of being labeled, doxed or whatever it is we are doing to ourselves. It’s gone too far. Side note: she may have been set up or not, I don’t claim to know. That’s for the twitter discussion thread. However, it’s a prime example of what’s going on and the real fears of accusations. Real or fake.

https://mobile.twitter.com/erikaheidewald/status/1275344980349841408
The guy is an agitator that had tried this before and is even being called out by other black people. This guy took all this time to do this when he was supposed to be delivering a post mates order. He tried to merge from the right into a highway and says she cut him off when he was supposed to yield. Then he tailgated her and then followed her home. After all this happens he gets in his car and reaches down and deletes the order he was supposed to be picking up.

Edit: Oh, and she is masked up and gloved driving in her car. How is he supposed to know she called him a n****r if he couldn't see her mouth or hear her?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'd recommend if you're ever concerned about being a racist, check out some some books, plays or cinema by people of color; attend a church service led by someone by a person of color (even online if you like); you're own perspective isn't necessarily wrong; we all get complacent in our viewpoints and perspectives.
Northeast Highschool OKC

Does Dolemite count?

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Have you seen this? This woman is so scared of being labeled, doxed or whatever it is we are doing to ourselves. It’s gone too far. Side note: she may have been set up or not, I don’t claim to know. That’s for the twitter discussion thread. However, it’s a prime example of what’s going on and the real fears of accusations. Real or fake.

I try not to pay much attention for something that requires a nuanced conversation to Twitter and Instagram stories. I feel it's like learning algebra via morse code.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

The entire point of this video is that their are unbiased witnesses who saw that woman provoke someone and then go into hysterics to get out of it by winning over bystanders who didn’t see what happened.

Your comment is literally proving this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The entire point of this video is that their are unbiased witnesses who saw that woman provoke someone and then go into hysterics to get out of it by winning over bystanders who didn’t see what happened.

Your comment is literally proving this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I should point out my point. She’s a no one of fame or celebrity. Her fear is tangible even if she deserves it. This is how someone behaves when they realize the mob is about to attack.

Gundy can’t use her approach to the accusation of racism. He apologized and said he’d do better. @ramases2112 is right to the summation that this will forever be a part of the Gundy story and that in itself doesn’t seem to fit the crime of wearing a tshirt that someone else doesn’t agree with. He’s welcome to his own opinions on this and I was using Karen here to show this fear of over retaliation from people who’ve only seen a video or picture is real.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

I would have you direct your ill will at the person who instigated the reaction...he has/had a blog that our fan base used to universally like until he took up a personal vendetta regarding his "political correctness." Our young player...was, how you say these days??? "Played," by a media personality.

So once again...don't be mad at a kid...he's respectful of the media, he's a good student...He's a kid! That's all I've got to say...Makes me want to puke!