Is Cannabis Dangerous in Adolescence ?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Both effects, right? :D

I absolutely blew a golden opportunity with a smoking hot coed while standing in line to vote in the 1984 presidential election (where Reagan I think won all but one state). Got to chatting with her while waiting to vote and and things were going really, really well. Then I told her watching paint dry was more interesting than watching Mondale in the debates and that I was a Reagan guy all the way. Got kind of chilly after that.
Ummmm... if she preferred Mondale over Reagan, I think you dodged a bullet there sir. Consider yourself blessed by the political gods. ;)

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Amphetamine Tied to Higher Psychosis Risk in Young People with ADHD
By the Editors
New use of amphetamine in young people with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is associated with greater risk for psychosis than methylphenidate, but the absolute risk is small, according to an observational study in the New England Journal of Medicine. Guidelines recommend both treatments without preference.
Researchers matched 110,000 patients aged 13 to 25 who started taking amphetamine for ADHD with similar patients who started taking methylphenidate. During follow-up, the rate of the primary outcome — psychosis diagnosis plus antipsychotic prescription within 60 days of the psychosis diagnosis — was higher in the amphetamine group (0.21% vs 0.10% for methylphenidate).
https://www.jwatch.org/fw115185/201...le-with?query=pfwTOC&jwd=000101679990&jspc=EM

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Amphetamine Tied to Higher Psychosis Risk in Young People with ADHD
By the Editors
New use of amphetamine in young people with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is associated with greater risk for psychosis than methylphenidate, but the absolute risk is small, according to an observational study in the New England Journal of Medicine. Guidelines recommend both treatments without preference.
Researchers matched 110,000 patients aged 13 to 25 who started taking amphetamine for ADHD with similar patients who started taking methylphenidate. During follow-up, the rate of the primary outcome — psychosis diagnosis plus antipsychotic prescription within 60 days of the psychosis diagnosis — was higher in the amphetamine group (0.21% vs 0.10% for methylphenidate).
https://www.jwatch.org/fw115185/201...le-with?query=pfwTOC&jwd=000101679990&jspc=EM
Starting to think just being born American doubles the odds of risk.