Interview Attire (2nd interview)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
I bet you got the job based on your interview, skills and testing not whether you wore a suit. However, always wear a suit if applicable. Oh and congratulations
When you start interviewing with law firms you damn well better wear a suit.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
I bet you got the job based on your interview, skills and testing not whether you wore a suit. However, always wear a suit if applicable. Oh and congratulations
You are right that the suit did not get him the job, however, within 10 seconds of meeting you most interviewers have determined how much attention they will pay to you.
You have 10 seconds to make a good first impression then about 30 seconds to a minute to solidify that first impression. Your appearance is number one, your greeting is number 2, if you fail either of these the chances of you getting their attention for the next 30 seconds to a minute and thus moving forward in the process, is very slim.
Always dress to the higher end of what would be considered appropriate to the job.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
I agree with the first part, but brown shoes are fine with navy pants. Most wear black shoes to interviews, but pretty much any color can be worn with navy depending on the situation.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
So after 3 years of employment at my current job (literally, my anniversary date is today...) today is my last day. After giving a 3 weeks notice, my direct manager who is brand new to the company has talked to me once and the person who is my main manager didn't talk to me once about staying. In fact the opposite, asking if I had trained everyone what they need before I leave and who he was looking to replace me with... That sure makes those 3 years of being the only engineer over half of our product lines seem appreciated. Monday with the new job is going to be well deserved.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Thought I'd just double post instead of making a new thread. Friday was my last day at my last job and everyone except my main manager was sad to see me go but wished me luck. I'm the only engineer (and employee except for him from working there 30 years) that had any technical knowledge of the half dozen product lines I was over but during my last 3 weeks he never once sat me down to even try and convince me to stay and my last day he didn't say a word to me. Not a "good luck", "thanks" or even "bye". So, screw him, he can pout and bad mouth me for bailing but that attitude is why people left. He gets to start from scratch because that department just took a 3 year step backwards. ANYWAYS, my first day was today and it went great. I've got a weeks worth of hands-on and computer training ahead of me and I'm actually excited about it. I never received any kind of actual training at my last job, most of what I learned was on my own. This experience is like night and day from what I'm used to.