International Plaza

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 2, 2011
When are they going to redo this area of campus? If you look at any of the Master Plan documents it is always listed. Most of the other projects are moving forward but I have never heard anything on this. Seems like a no-brainer and a relatively inexpensive project.
Feel like the landscape design of this area does not measure up to the rest of campus.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I've lost touch with that old master plan over the years & I'd forgotten about the plan there for that plaza.

You made me curious, though, as to whatever happened getting rid of the old grass practice field east of Gallagher & a putting a formal entrance to GIA off of Duck Street.

There was also a plan at one point for OSU to build condos for big donors on the location of the old Scholars Inn, which I thought was kinda cool. Imagine having a place to stay/host parties/whatever right across the street for football & basketball games.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I've lost touch with that old master plan over the years & I'd forgotten about the plan there for that plaza.

You made me curious, though, as to whatever happened getting rid of the old grass practice field east of Gallagher & a putting a formal entrance to GIA off of Duck Street.

There was also a plan at one point for OSU to build condos for big donors on the location of the old Scholars Inn, which I thought was kinda cool. Imagine having a place to stay/host parties/whatever right across the street for football & basketball games.
My wife, then girlfriend, and me had an apartment in scholars inn for awhile when we were in college and yes it was perfect for both football and basketball games. Bathroom right there and all the comforts of home. I planned on getting an apartment after graduation there and keeping it just for a sports reason for my extended family and then they demolished the dang thing...

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
My wife, then girlfriend, and me had an apartment in scholars inn for awhile when we were in college and yes it was perfect for both football and basketball games. Bathroom right there and all the comforts of home. I planned on getting an apartment after graduation there and keeping it just for a sports reason for my extended family and then they demolished the dang thing...
Anytime I smell curry I think of Scholars Inn

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I also lived in Scholars Inn for one year. Loved it as just a walk across the street to the arena. Was a drummer in the Pep Band. Good memories.
My apt was on the 2nd level with windows facing west out onto Knoblock Street.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I always loved this area of campus. I walked through it every day on my way to class or work, and even on the weekends, I walked through on my way to Murphy's. Would love to see it get the attention shown in the links.