Indictments From Mueller Investigation Not Done

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
So is it still a witch hunt, or is it all good now?
Wow...really? The previous 15 months have been nothing but the media and the Dimms salivating over the ramifications of this investigation. Now that it looks like they are going to be hoisted on their own petards it is they who are all of the sudden calling this a "witch hunt".

Nov 6, 2010
Wow...really? The previous 15 months have been nothing but the media and the Dimms salivating over the ramifications of this investigation. Now that it looks like they are going to be hoisted on their own petards it is they who are all of the sudden calling this a "witch hunt".
Just Trump and his worshipers as far as I can see. Every rational person I"ve heard talk about the subject has said Mueller seems to be the right man for the job, and is doing things by the book and according to his mandate. And now it seems there are people of both political stripes being indicted for doing nefarious things. I'm glad for the process personally. Let it all hang out.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Just Trump and his worshipers as far as I can see. Every rational person I"ve heard talk about the subject has said Mueller seems to be the right man for the job, and is doing things by the book and according to his mandate. And now it seems there are people of both political stripes being indicted for doing nefarious things. I'm glad for the process personally. Let it all hang out.
Whatever validates you. :rolleyes: :innocent: :derp:

Nov 6, 2010
Whatever validates you. :rolleyes::innocent::derp:
Let me put it to you like this. I'm quite comfortable with the conclusions of Mueller that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia AND, the indictment of a prominent democrat in this investigation because it is good for the country. Are you? And all this assumes the report is thorough and well sourced and is made public at some point, with prudent redaction.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Let me put it to you like this. I'm quite comfortable with the conclusions of Mueller that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia AND, the indictment of a prominent democrat in this investigation because it is good for the country. Are you? And all this assumes the report is thorough and well sourced and is made public at some point, with prudent redaction.
Are you comfortable with how the FISA warrants were obtained?

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Better, but from near the start of this investigation one side knew exactly what was going on. It was just a question of whether or not it would part of Mueller's discovery.

It is good that Mueller seems to have found some patsies to take the heat off of high-ranking Clinton and Obama officials...I guess.

Nov 6, 2010
I don't know. I'm all for more transparency in that process if it doesn't undermine our counterintelligence capabilities. This is very touchy stuff, and I believe we're probably at a serious disadvantage for a few years internationally because of this thing. But I also believe we needed it. I've always felt that our declared victory of the cold war was premature, and Russia only retrenched as opposed to surrendered, where our side just started kicking back.

Sorry, this post was intended as a reply to Gundyburner's question about FISA.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I don't know. I'm all for more transparency in that process if it doesn't undermine our counterintelligence capabilities. This is very touchy stuff, and I believe we're probably at a serious disadvantage for a few years internationally because of this thing. But I also believe we needed it. I've always felt that our declared victory of the cold war was premature, and Russia only retrenched as opposed to surrendered, where our side just started kicking back.

Sorry, this post was intended as a reply to Gundyburner's question about FISA.
That's my feeling.

I didn't like the Starr investigation when it happened, & I didn't like this one.

Didn't vote for Trump & absolutely cringe at alot of the things he does, btw.

It does concern me, though, that a political opponent could trigger this whole series of events.

Nov 6, 2010
That's my feeling.

I didn't like the Starr investigation when it happened, & I didn't like this one.

Didn't vote for Trump & absolutely cringe at alot of the things he does, btw.

It does concern me, though, that a political opponent could trigger this whole series of events.
Yea, I get that, but as long as the process is above board, it shouldn't matter where the tip came from. I think of it like this. SI made a bunch of accusations against OSU. We got an impartial investigator to come in and get to the bottom of it. None of us liked it, but at the end, I think we all feel better knowing the truth. We had a couple of minor violations, and we addressed them because of the report. Our house is cleaner as a result of the process. I think the same thing can be said of the Mueller report.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yea, I get that, but as long as the process is above board, it shouldn't matter where the tip came from. I think of it like this. SI made a bunch of accusations against OSU. We got an impartial investigator to come in and get to the bottom of it. None of us liked it, but at the end, I think we all feel better knowing the truth. We had a couple of minor violations, and we addressed them because of the report. Our house is cleaner as a result of the process. I think the same thing can be said of the Mueller report.
We'll have to agree to disagree then.

When the genesis of the whole "tip" is from a political opponent, I have a hard time viewing the process as being above board.

Nov 6, 2010
We'll have to agree to disagree then.

When the genesis of the whole "tip" is from a political opponent, I have a hard time viewing the process as being above board.
How would it ever get reported then?? I've heard the genesis of this particular one was from Republican opposition research, but whether that's true or not, the accusation either has enough merit to pursue based on the facts or it doesn't. Are you suggesting we should ignore any counter-intelligence info based on the source?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
How would it ever get reported then?? I've heard the genesis of this particular one was from Republican opposition research, but whether that's true or not, the accusation either has enough merit to pursue based on the facts or it doesn't. Are you suggesting we should ignore any counter-intelligence info based on the source?
No, but sources & motivations should definitely be a consideration.