In the event you’re still comfortable with our chances to win the conference......

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Gundy has no clue how to beat uo. He’s only beaten them one time in his entire career as a HC. (I won’t give him credit for the repunt game - Stoops gets credit for that one). I predict the gooners to win another conference title.
Need to give credit to Landry Jones and Bill Young Defense in 2011.
....and the QBs that beat OU both were not Dual Threats type.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Gundy has no clue how to beat uo. He’s only beaten them one time in his entire career as a HC. (I won’t give him credit for the repunt game - Stoops gets credit for that one). I predict the gooners to win another conference title.
Just to clarify. If the other coach makes a stupid decision in invalidates our win, but if the other coach makes a brilliant call that is Gundy's fault?

We were playing a highly ranked team at their home close enough that one stupid decision allowed us to pull off the win.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
OSU has a better chance this year because OSU has a defense and if our OL and RB are healthy, we have a run game we can rely on.

OU is playing much better, but hey, they've beat Texas Tech, TCU, and Kansas lately. Not exactly top notch competition. They beat Texas in 4OT, but OSU matched up much better with Texas than OU did (aside from the much discussed mistakes).

It will come down to taking care of the ball (as usual). This will be Rattler's second "big game" of his career and the best D he's seen. Sanders is still relatively inexperienced as well, but hopefully he'll have a healthy cast around him.
He hasn't even played a Bedlam game yet, but I think Rattler's about to pass Mayfield in my 'most despised OU QB of all time' category.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Just to clarify. If the other coach makes a stupid decision in invalidates our win, but if the other coach makes a brilliant call that is Gundy's fault?

We were playing a highly ranked team at their home close enough that one stupid decision allowed us to pull off the win.
It's ridiculous. It also just completely ignores the fact that we were down 14 with 4 minutes to play, with a freshman QB, on the road against a highly ranked team.

Anyone just chalking that win up to Stoops' decision to punt is just basically saying 'eh, the other 58 minutes of football meant nothing.'

Lastly, I'll stop looking at 2013 OU as Big 12 champs. I mean, after all, Gilbert's interception should have sealed it for the Pokes, so it really wasn't an OU win that day, right?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

They were having as bad a time as we were that year

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
With tOSU-Maryland cancelation both tOSU and Wisconsin may not qualify for B1G championship game is being rumored. I doubt they get in Playoffs with only 6 wins.
They shouldn't. Wisconsin has played one game. ONE GAME!
This COVID thingy is working it's way through the SEC now and creating a rukus.

Who knows. If we stay healthy and win, we could be like a "last man standing" championship player.
Ya just never know.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
The B1G rules are a team has to play a minimum of two games less than the league average. So if the league average is 6, tosu can get in with having played 4 games. The current average is 3.57 games or 4. At this point Wisconsin would qualify, except they're 2-0 and Northwestern is 4-0. Northwestern probably plays in the CCG.

But yea, they could get a team in that plays 4 or 5 games.

Edit: Also Indiana is 4-0 and tosu is 3-0. So if played right now it's IU vs NU in the B1G CCG?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The B1G rules are a team has to play a minimum of two games less than the league average. So if the league average is 6, tosu can get in with having played 4 games. The current average is 3.57 games or 4. At this point Wisconsin would qualify, except they're 2-0 and Northwestern is 4-0. Northwestern probably plays in the CCG.

But yea, they could get a team in that plays 4 or 5 games.

Edit: Also Indiana is 4-0 and tosu is 3-0. So if played right now it's IU vs NU in the B1G CCG?
B10 CCG qualification rules are NOT CFP Committee rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk