In the event you’re still comfortable with our chances to win the conference......

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
So all we have to do is beat the squats.

That's no different than any other year. As a plus we do that most likely we don't have to do it again.

Personally I'm hoping for a scenario where we get Texas again. We really screwed the pooch tonight and I'd like to see how we do in a clean game.
This is true in that it always goes thru Norman. Our chances of beating ou are somewhat improved if we can get back Peel and Sterling but still I see our chances as very slim in Norman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
This is true in that it always goes thru Norman. Our chances of beating ou are somewhat improved if we can get back Peel and Sterling but still I see our chances as very slim in Norman.

Fun fact...kinda.

OSU has won more games in Norman than Stillwater.

Oct 21, 2013
Austin Texas
Consider.

If OU goes 7-2, we probably don’t make the CCG. So, if OU does go 7-2, then

If UT goes 7-2, we’re out.
If UT and ISU both go 7-2, we’re out.
If ISU goes 8-1, we’re out.

Just to boil it down, we have to beat OU or UT has to lose to someone other than ISU. Otherwise, we’re watching on 12/19.

Good Post. Understand the math and agree. If we can limit the TO's and stay fairly healthy, I believe we run the table which would be terrific. We will need a little luck to get in the Championship game. If we do, I think we win it as well. 2011 pays us back in 2020.

Oct 30, 2007

Fun fact...kinda.

Not fun fact, still means very very very slim chance to win.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Fun fact...kinda.

Not fun fact, still means very very very slim chance to win.

But better chance than if at home?
:runaway:

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 8, 2010
Gundy has no clue how to beat uo. He’s only beaten them one time in his entire career as a HC. (I won’t give him credit for the repunt game - Stoops gets credit for that one). I predict the gooners to win another conference title.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Gundy has no clue how to beat uo. He’s only beaten them one time in his entire career as a HC. (I won’t give him credit for the repunt game - Stoops gets credit for that one). I predict the gooners to win another conference title.
Eh... a handful of games could’ve gone our ways if 1-2 plays went our way.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Gundy has no clue how to beat uo. He’s only beaten them one time in his entire career as a HC. (I won’t give him credit for the repunt game - Stoops
@Poke Flyfisher - What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mar 8, 2010
@Poke Flyfisher - What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Wow! You are really upset. I apologize. Didn't mean to have that type of effect on anybody. But I do think God has more important things to deal with than Gundy's inability to beat uo and my opinion relative to that inability.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Wow! You are really upset. I apologize. Didn't mean to have that type of effect on anybody. But I do think God has more important things to deal with than Gundy's inability to beat uo and my opinion relative to that inability.
Lol I am sorry I was being dumb. Its from a movie, I was bored that day. :)

Jan 14, 2006
Great movie!

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Basically we will determine our own destiny... if we win the next four or five games our percentage will improve to get to the playoffs.
We've talked about it before, but this year's playoff field is going to be vewy, vewy interesting.

Latest odd have tOSU as the largest favorite to make the field, despite their game this week getting cancelled.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
OSU has a better chance this year because OSU has a defense and if our OL and RB are healthy, we have a run game we can rely on.

OU is playing much better, but hey, they've beat Texas Tech, TCU, and Kansas lately. Not exactly top notch competition. They beat Texas in 4OT, but OSU matched up much better with Texas than OU did (aside from the much discussed mistakes).

It will come down to taking care of the ball (as usual). This will be Rattler's second "big game" of his career and the best D he's seen. Sanders is still relatively inexperienced as well, but hopefully he'll have a healthy cast around him.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
With tOSU-Maryland cancelation both tOSU and Wisconsin may not qualify for B1G championship game is being rumored. I doubt they get in Playoffs with only 6 wins.