In the event you’re still comfortable with our chances to win the conference......

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Consider.

If OU goes 7-2, we probably don’t make the CCG. So, if OU does go 7-2, then

If UT goes 7-2, we’re out.
If UT and ISU both go 7-2, we’re out.
If ISU goes 8-1, we’re out.

Just to boil it down, we have to beat OU or UT has to lose to someone other than ISU. Otherwise, we’re watching on 12/19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
So all we have to do is beat the squats.

That's no different than any other year. As a plus we do that most likely we don't have to do it again.

Personally I'm hoping for a scenario where we get Texas again. We really screwed the pooch tonight and I'd like to see how we do in a clean game.

Sep 9, 2013
Consider.

If OU goes 7-2, we probably don’t make the CCG. So, if OU does go 7-2, then

If UT goes 7-2, we’re out.
If UT and ISU both go 7-2, we’re out.
If ISU goes 8-1, we’re out.

Just to boil it down, we have to beat OU or UT has to lose to someone other than ISU. Otherwise, we’re watching on 12/19.

WVU has your back. We'll beat either ISU or texas. ISu is going to be a rockfight.

Ou is a loss though. WVU wont be able to stop OU enough.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Maybe I've just watched too much cowboy football, but I never thought we'd win the conference and I still don't. We won it once and it's been too good to be true since. Maybe we make the CCG, but our track record in games that matter don't give me optimism (except for 2011, literally once). Happy to have the team prove me wrong or someone show me data to suggest otherwise.

I'll still watch and enjoy the games, occasionally get excited and probably angry just as often, and then let it go because it's a game being played by kids who likely only started puberty in the last decade. It's just a fun distraction.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Texas sucks.. They are not winning out. Iowa State is a much better team. WVU looks like a better team... It took Texas 4 turnovers ,1 KO return for TD, 4 Refs, and overtime to beat us. Just don’t see them losing less than 3...

Pokoloco

Greenhorn
Oct 24, 2012
SW OKC
OU has yet another big 12 title in the bag. They just won't die. It's a never ending horror movie. Texas had a chance to put the stake through their heart, but chose to kill us instead. fk everything.

Pokoloco

Greenhorn
Oct 24, 2012
SW OKC
Texas sucks.. They are not winning out. Iowa State is a much better team. WVU looks like a better team... It took Texas 4 turnovers ,1 KO return for TD, 4 Refs, and overtime to beat us. Just don’t see them losing less than 3...
5 turnovers, 6 if you want to count roughing the kicker. Which I do. Bad coaching. We're getting the gaddam ball back, no reason to pressure the kick at all. FML

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Maybe I've just watched too much cowboy football, but I never thought we'd win the conference and I still don't. We won it once and it's been too good to be true since. Maybe we make the CCG, but our track record in games that matter don't give me optimism (except for 2011, literally once). Happy to have the team prove me wrong or someone show me data to suggest otherwise.

I'll still watch and enjoy the games, occasionally get excited and probably angry just as often, and then let it go because it's a game being played by kids who likely only started puberty in the last decade. It's just a fun distraction.
Started to call you out on the puberty thing (likely?), then I remembered our crappy senior citizen punter.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
If we truly are championship material (and I think we could be) then all we need to do is Win out. Really the only question mark left on the schedule is whether or not we can beat the Sooners and if we want to be conference champs we’re going to have to do that anyway and possibly even beat them twice. So if we’re really conference championship material, then just do it!

ATXCowboy

Like a Boss
A/V Subscriber
Sep 2, 2009
Austin

God what a defeatist attitude. Really good teams usually have a clunker of a game in a season. Ours was last week and we still almost came out on top. Look at the teams that make the playoffs each year. Most have an L in their record.

We have NFL talent on both sides of the ball - especially defense. We are a very good team and still have an opportunity to prove we are an elite team.

So many of our fans have an ah shucks, woe is me, I feel sorry for myself attitude - and top it off with a ‘see I told ya so...just knew we’d do this’. It’s a reflection of who you are as a person.

Aug 19, 2006
God what a defeatist attitude. Really good teams usually have a clunker of a game in a season. Ours was last week and we still almost came out on top. Look at the teams that make the playoffs each year. Most have an L in their record.

We have NFL talent on both sides of the ball - especially defense. We are a very good team and still have an opportunity to prove we are an elite team.

So many of our fans have an ah shucks, woe is me, I feel sorry for myself attitude - and top it off with a ‘see I told ya so...just knew we’d do this’. It’s a reflection of who you are as a person.
Ha. We still almost came out on top. That's been our rallying cry for decades.

Just think about how many times we almost beat OU. Pretty amazing. Or look at how many times OU found a way to win those games. That's the hallmark of elite teams. Elite teams don't turn the ball over 5 times and lose games they won in every statistical category. They find ways to overcome their mistakes and close the game out.

If Gundy was capable of building an elite program, it would have happened by now. We just need to accept being "good". That's who we are.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

It was more a shoulder shrug and "meh, this is what OSU football tends to do", but hey feel free to extrapolate from my reaction to a game played by kids to my entire character. College football is just a fun diversion.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Started to call you out on the puberty thing (likely?), then I remembered our crappy senior citizen punter.
We're usually good for one or two real adults on the team. Otherwise, think back to what you were doing ten years ago, whatever you were doing, most of the team was in elementary school.

ATXCowboy

Like a Boss
A/V Subscriber
Sep 2, 2009
Austin
It was more a shoulder shrug and "meh, this is what OSU football tends to do", but hey feel free to extrapolate from my reaction to a game played by kids to my entire character. College football is just a fun diversion.
I was talking about fans with an attitude of "ah shucks, woe is me, I feel sorry for myself attitude - and top it off with a ‘see I told ya so...just knew we’d do this’." If that's not you, then good.