In Stillwater, Federal DHS warrants served at Palomino's and El Vaquero

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My question from the above article:

Why would the pastor of a church just show up to a raid thinking he was going to get access?
No different than the lawyer that just showed up out of nowhere trying to say he "might" have a client in there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2011
Update: (sort of)

https://kfor.com/2019/09/05/stillwa...ant-adults-being-detained-taken-into-custody/

"Stillwater police say HSI “returned the majority of the individuals to the location where they were contacted, within a few hours.” Those who were not released were taken into custody by HSI for federal violations."

I am wondering how many individuals were kept in custody, and what was the nature of their federal crimes?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I don't really have a lot of sympathy for business owners that knowingly hire undocumented workers. It sounds like a former employee that got canned dropped a dime to the authorities.

Especially when there is a labor pool of 20k students easily around the corner.
Has nothing to do with that

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I don't really have a lot of sympathy for business owners that knowingly hire undocumented workers. It sounds like a former employee that got canned dropped a dime to the authorities.

Especially when there is a labor pool of 20k students easily around the corner.
Maybe you'd be surprised by the number of adults past age 30 or 40 who work in fast food and restaurants in Stillwater, like at Burger King.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Maybe you'd be surprised by the number of adults past age 30 or 40 who work in fast food and restaurants in Stillwater, like at Burger King.
I'm having a hard time seeing how that has anything to do with what he said... You seem to even be unintentionally strengthening his argument by saying the labor pool is even larger...

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The guy in the article saying he couldn't find out if it was immigration or criminal.

That's redundant, illegal immigration IS criminal.
Just out from the NewsPress.

"First reported by The Oklahoman, the federal raid that included two Stillwater Mexican restaurants has resulted in the charge that Hector Flores-Contreras conspired to harbor undocumented workers. Hector Flores-Contreras was an assistant manager at El Vaquero. Between El Vaquero and Palomino’s, the other restaurant that was raided, authorities temporarily detained about 14 people they allege were in the country illegally. Other charges for co-conspirators are expected, according to the report.

According to multiple media outlets, in the affidavit among the court records, Hector Flores-Contreras told authorities he used undocumented labor because they were “harder workers,” and it is alleged he would get kickbacks on tips for helping locate their family members to the U.S.

It was also alleged that Flores-Contreras had these employees working up to 60 hours per week."

This is interesting to me, given earlier statements. Someone who'd know told me there was cocaine trafficking involved here with at least 2 individuals whom they'd watched for over a year before making the arrest. Sounds like more charges coming.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/f...cle_93d9be80-d641-11e9-8a44-9fcaa969e817.html

First reported by The Oklahoman, the federal raid that included two Stillwater Mexican restaurants has resulted in the charge that Hector Flores-Contreras conspired to harbor undocumented workers. Hector Flores-Contreras was an assistant manager at El Vaquero. Between El Vaquero and Palomino’s, the other restaurant that was raided, authorities temporarily detained about 14 people they allege were in the country illegally. Other charges for co-conspirators are expected, according to the report.

According to multiple media outlets, in the affidavit among the court records, Hector Flores-Contreras told authorities he used undocumented labor because they were “harder workers,” and it is alleged he would get kickbacks on tips for helping locate their family members to the U.S.

It was also alleged that Flores-Contreras had these employees working up to 60 hours per week.