IFSAC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Is anyone on here related to the IFSAC program in any way? I work for the TCC Fire and Emergency Medical Services program and we are looking at trying for IFSAC accreditation. Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
What would you like to know?
I guess my first question would be what is the likelihood that we can get IFSAC accreditation? Are there other community colleges around the country that have obtained it? TCC is currently building a huge new training facility at the Northeast campus that will be the envy of everybody this side of TEEX.

It will contain a mock firehouse, Homeland Security building, a mock apartment complex, fastwater rescue river, water drafting pond, a drill tower, control tower, plane fuselage, burn building, and some other facilities that I can't think of off the top of my head (My blueprints are at home).

Sep 29, 2008
It depends on what you are wanting accreditation for. Firefighter certification or degree certification? As a degree seeking entity it is possible (A.A.S, B.S., ect.). As for FIrefighter I, Firefighter II, ect, no likely. IFSAC and ProBoard only recognize one entity per state and OSU-FST has that designation.