If Trump resigns...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Should Trump be pardon?

• Yes, prosecute him

• No, pardon him and let the country move on.

Results are only viewable after voting.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
If Trump were to resign instead of impeachment, much like Nixon, would you favor a pardon so the county can go move on or would you want him prosecuted?

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
The Trump Deranged are licking their chops!
It more thinking out loud for me. I am not sure if it would happen, could happen or how far it would get. I wonder if an agreement much like Walters and Oklahoma made "for the good of the state".

Oct 30, 2007
I really hoped that Trump wouldn't come back and try to "lock her up" after the elections. I just didn't see how that would be beneficial to the country. I would probably feel the same way if Trump was forced out. But it would depend on why it happened. It's tough to say whether or not you would want someone prosecuted without knowing what they did. All that being said.....

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
A/V Subscriber
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
They are baiting him down the same path as Watergate with much more flimsy reasoning. Mueller is begging Trump to fire him. Hope he doesn't take the bait and that Sessions can set up a second special counsel. To much stink on Mueller and the henchmen.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
First off...if Trump resigns it will not be over collusion. Pretty sure that realm of attempted collusion (I'm not convinced they were successful in colluding, but it sure seems like they tried) is 100% owned and operated by Manafort and Kushner without Trump knowledge

If Trump resigns it will be over Tax crime, fraud, or financial crimes....This is VERY much in the real possibility of happening and would not surprise me at all

If Trump resigns there is no reason to prosecute the man, just let it go...swear in Pence and lets move on.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Trump gets China to blink on trade and all the deranged can think about is how to pry him from office. 'Murica!
Well, you can't have someone outside the Deep State actualy succeed at this job.

It's rather sad that all of the people who blasted Rush for wanting Obama policies to fail, now wish for a president to be found a criminal!!!!!

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
First off...if Trump resigns it will not be over collusion. Pretty sure that realm of attempted collusion (I'm not convinced they were successful in colluding, but it sure seems like they tried) is 100% owned and operated by Manafort and Kushner without Trump knowledge

If Trump resigns it will be over Tax crime, fraud, or financial crimes....This is VERY much in the real possibility of happening and would not surprise me at all

If Trump resigns there is no reason to prosecute the man, just let it go...swear in Pence and lets move on.
Dig into any billionaire enough and you will find one of those crimes whether committed knowingly or not. To much stuff for one guy to keep up with have to be able to trust the people handling the money. Get a few corrupt ones in there, sign off on some tax paperwork and your toast if the powers that be choose to make you toast.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Dig into any billionaire enough and you will find one of those crimes whether committed knowingly or not. To much stuff for one guy to keep up with have to be able to trust the people handling the money. Get a few corrupt ones in there, sign off on some tax paperwork and your toast if the powers that be choose to make you toast.
Which is why it won't happen, neither party wants to piss off the billionaires, you can be certain of that.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
Jan 5, 2012
If Trump were to resign instead of impeachment, much like Nixon, would you favor a pardon so the county can go move on or would you want him prosecuted?
This is an interesting article in light of your question. Based on the case of Nixon and Ford, I think it's highly unlikely that President Pence would pardon Trump, if the situation ever arose.

Americans Generally Negative on Recent Presidential Pardons
http://news.gallup.com/poll/26830/americans-generally-negative-recent-presidential-pardons.aspx

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 12.49.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 12.49.41 PM.png