Here I'll reiterate my earlier questions:
- What do you suppose is included in "use our voices... to... ultimately create a college football players' association"?
- Do you suppose that list of demands that includes getting paid has something to do with that?
- By tweeting do you suppose Justin Fields wants that, or he just wants to play?
- Or is it just a statement that only means they want to play?
- If he only wants to play and doesn't want the other stuff, why include it?
1) sounds like they want to create a players association. I will take the players at their word.
2) You continue and continue to confuse #wewanttoplay with #weareunited. I’ve explained this previously. ”We are United” was started by 17 PAC-12 players. It was started at end of July when those players thought the PAC-12 was playing and they had leverage. That group was demanding coaches salaries be cut and for players to get 50% of revenue.
”We want to play” has never had anything about being paid.
3) Yes, I think he wants to play. I think his petition, that you first referenced, shows that. I will take the player at his word.
4) I think it means he wants to play and he wants the conference to allow people to opt out without hurting eligiblity. I think he want people to have the right to choose if they want to play this fall. I will take the player at his word.
5) Yes he wants to play. He is also showing support for the small amount of players that may choose to opt out. Sounds very supportive to me.
Now my question to you:
1) You stated that “#wewanttoplay hashtag also was from hundreds of college athletes who want to unionize and get paid”. Can you supply any evidence support the claim about demanding to get paid?
2) You stated that #wewantoplay and #weareunited was the same movement and started at the same time. Since #weareunited started in July, are you claiming #wewanttoplay also stated then, but was just publicly silent for two weeks?
3) If #wewanttoplay includes demands to be paid, why are they not public about it? If Justin Fields was demanding to be paid, why wouldn’t he include that on his tweet, why wouldn’t he include that on his moveon.com petition, why wouldn’t he include that while pushing #wewanttoplay?
If it does not fit, you must forget.
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk