If Football Is Cancelled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Players are starting to push back to play. I have seen a number of players from P5 conferences tweet they want to play, Spencer Ratler being one of note. Arkansas State players released a statement wanting to play. Also saw a letter from the Ohio State Athletics Parents Association state they and their kids want to play.

This will be a crazy week and season if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Players are starting to push back to play. I have seen a number of players from P5 conferences tweet they want to play, Spencer Ratler being one of note. Arkansas State players released a statement wanting to play. Also saw a letter from the Ohio State Athletics Parents Association state they and their kids want to play.

Similar story out here in Nebraska. I don't think they can fully cancel, only postpone.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

It would be stupid not to play...I can totally understand them wanting too...#WeWantToPlay

Last edited:

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
If the Big 12, SEC, and ACC players all displayed long-term health effects because of it, the joke would be on them.
Have you considered all the scenarios. Is it just mathematical fact that more players will get covid without a football season than with?

Canceling is the easy answer, but you are also canceling their ability to test weekly / biweekly, as well as eliminating their "give a damn".

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I just can't see the SEC giving it up.
18 Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
40 University of Florida School of Medicine
68 University of Kentucky School of Medicine
74 University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
79 University of Missouri College of Medicine
91 University of South Carolina School of Medicine
94 LSU Health Sciences Center

While it isn't quite Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Stanford, Penn, these schools have some pretty dang smart people, and I'm dead certain that their university presidents are going to listen to them concerning the health of their players.

Also:
18 Vanderbilt School of Law
etc.

I'm sure they're also going to listen to their lawyers regarding liability if they decide to go ahead with sports when everyone else is canceling.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Have you considered all the scenarios. Is it just mathematical fact that more players will get covid without a football season than with?

Canceling is the easy answer, but you are also canceling their ability to test weekly / biweekly, as well as eliminating their "give a damn".
"Is it just a mathematical fact that more players will get covid without a football season than with". Since we haven't had a football season with covid yet, the best we could do would be a mathematical model. But if you want a fact, MLB hasn't been able to keep it from being spread and those guys stand 30 yards apart and don't crash into each other.

These aren't professionals we're talking about. What do you want them to risk for your entertainment?

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
"Is it just a mathematical fact that more players will get covid without a football season than with". Since we haven't had a football season with covid yet, the best we could do would be a mathematical model. But if you want a fact, MLB hasn't been able to keep it from being spread and those guys stand 30 yards apart and don't crash into each other.

These aren't professionals we're talking about. What do you want them to risk for your entertainment?

Positive cases at camp arrival were ranging from 15-35 cases per school.

Now the same schools have 1-2 positives some are claiming none.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It's beyond moronic that we have fallen this far in our fear and loathing rather than progressively figuring out how to live our lives and not cancel them due to a very low death rate virus. I weep for our nation and it's lack of ability and innovation should this happen.

We have gone from worry about death to "long term health effects." Everything causes long term health effects...especially playing football. There is a political element to this that is undeniable, but I honestly don't get why the goal post keep moving from deaths to "long term health effects" to what is next when we learn those are a tiny factor as well? The only thing that makes sense to me, logically, is that there is an attempted political or economic agenda of negativity and control.

Last edited: