If 90% of Americans converted to Islam would that change America?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If 90% of the people converted to any religious belief (including Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, atheism or climate change), it would significantly change America. Heck look how much different America is today compared to when a majority of the country was devout Christian.

The Constitution works regardless of the most popular form of religion....that was kinda the point
The constitution works only as long as the people want it to. Look at the 10th amendment, that is completely ignored by the federal government and we the people don't give a rats ass about it. Which parts of the constitution certain religions would be willing to give up, might be an interesting discussion.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Islam is not compatible with individual liberty or constitutional rule.

So, yes - America, as the land of the free and the great experiment of humanity, would be lost forever.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Then would we continue to have Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion?
Doc - You and I already know the answer...are you just dipping your toe in the water to see how many have completely checked out of reality and in to la la flying unicorn land?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Yes...I know what I think but more importantly, I want others to seriously consider their own ideas. America has a small but rapidly growing Islamic population. What does not mean for our traditional American values?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yes...I know what I think but more importantly, I want others to seriously consider their own ideas. America has a small but rapidly growing Islamic population. What does not mean for our traditional American values?
After seriously considering this....I think you're asking the wrong question.

as of 2017 1.1% of Americans identified as practicing Muslims. 1/2 the number of people who practice Judaism in America. There are almost as many Buddhist in America as Muslims

The question you should be asking is how will NO Religion change America because that revolution is well underway...not theoretical...its already happening

As of 2017 23% (almost 1 in 4) Americans said they do not identify with any religion.

Thomas Jefferson way back in the founding of our country warned of this and said he would prefer non Christians to turn to Islam rather than no religion at all.

No Religion at all is currently the largest and by far the fastest growing "faith" base in America....and I think you can see the the beginnings of how NO religion changes America as it is displayed in the actions, ideals, and words of those in our political realms who find themselves on the Extreme Far Left or Extreme Far Right.

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
We had a thread on this last month..... it apparently got deleted

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
After seriously considering this....I think you're asking the wrong question.

as of 2017 1.1% of Americans identified as practicing Muslims. 1/2 the number of people who practice Judaism in America. There are almost as many Buddhist in America as Muslims

The question you should be asking is how will NO Religion change America because that revolution is well underway...not theoretical...its already happening

As of 2017 23% (almost 1 in 4) Americans said they do not identify with any religion.

Thomas Jefferson way back in the founding of our country warned of this and said he would prefer non Christians to turn to Islam rather than no religion at all.

No Religion at all is currently the largest and by far the fastest growing "faith" base in America....and I think you can see the the beginnings of how NO religion changes America as it is displayed in the actions, ideals, and words of those in our political realms who find themselves on the Extreme Far Left or Extreme Far Right.
You caused me to think...that even those who hold to some type of religious faith they hold it very loosely. This
makes them subject to the shifting winds of radical ideas. There is no doubt our whole sense of reality is directly related to what or who choose to pay attention to. If you are interested in this subject to explore this
subject read the book RAPT dealing with this issue.