I Know It's a Stretch... But... (Bedlam Baseball)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

BGeezy08

It Ain't Easy Bein' BGeezy
Oct 14, 2009
OKC
www.BlakesSportTake.com
If the Cowboys happen to upset the #14 ranked Sooners this weekend and sweep the 3 game series...

With an OSU sweep... The team's would be almost identical in conference records (OSU: 10-11 OU: 10-12)

Not saying it would happen... But with all of the negative talk about Cowboy Baseball this year... The team is really a great series or 2 away from being in the upper-half of the Big 12 Standings (remaining series: OU / A&M / Baylor).

I know this is unlikely... and completely speculation... But hey... It could happen. O-O

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
Look at some of the stats of this team:

.384 with RISP
second in Big XII in doubles
third in Big XII in hits
third in Big XII in slugging percentage
107 two-out RBI's
second in Big XII in stolen bases
.976 fielding percentage leads the Big XII and is FOURTH NATIONALLY
sixth in the NATION in strikouts per nine innings

A 5.58 team ERA seems to be the biggest bug-a-boo, although, I'm sure we've had worse.

These stats don't wreak of a horrendous team. So, where's the disconnect? Our intangibles must be non-existent, although heart sure seems to be in the positive after the last two games with KU.

If ANYONE can consistently step-up in the bullpen, this team isn't that far from being pretty decent.

Texas is on another planet right now! Probably the most complete team in the country, hitting, fielding, and pitching, and I'm sure their depth is among the best as well. They are certainly well-coached.

Let's hope we can win two in this series. At least from a confidence standpoint, we should be in pretty good shape, after last weekend's comebacks and the earlier win over the goons.

BGeezy08

It Ain't Easy Bein' BGeezy
Oct 14, 2009
OKC
www.BlakesSportTake.com
If the team was able to win 2 out of 3 games for the remainder of the season...
2 out of 3 against OU, Texas A&M and Baylor... And beating Arkansas Pine Bluff twice and losing to Rice...

The team would end the regular season with a record of 35-30 (13-14 in conference)... I dunno much about the NCAA Baseball Tourney and what it takes to make it... But I would assume that if they finished the season like that and had a decent Big 12 Tournament (which will be in OKC) they would definitely be a "bubble team"... Right???

PayneCounty

Banned
Banned
Feb 26, 2010
Weston, FL
LOL....get serious, "BGeezy". Your screen name says it all, about seriousness.

I am hoping for 2 of 3, but no way in hell does this lackluster team sweep the superior team from Norman.

Go Pokes! Let's actually make the conference tournament this year!!!!

Fade

Sheriff
Jan 17, 2010
Look at some of the stats of this team:

.384 with RISP
second in Big XII in doubles
third in Big XII in hits
third in Big XII in slugging percentage
107 two-out RBI's
second in Big XII in stolen bases
Batting .314 in all games with 7.6 runs per game.

Batting .271 (7th) in conference games with 5.2 runs per game.

976 fielding percentage leads the Big XII and is FOURTH NATIONALLY
We're at .979 in team fielding for all games, which is 1st in the conference.

We're at .975 fielding in conference games, which is 4th in the conference.

If ANYONE can consistently step-up in the bullpen, this team isn't that far from being pretty decent.
Scoring 5 runs a game, the hitting needs to step up as much as the bullpen.

PayneCounty

Banned
Banned
Feb 26, 2010
Weston, FL
Absolutely we can win a game or two, we've already beaten them once, even if it was one of those "middle of the week" games.

However, you and I both know, there is no way in hell we beat them 3 of 3. They're a completely stronger team, no doubt. If we get 2 of 3, I will celebrate, whether we finally make the conference tournament or not. Hell, if we can beat OU, I'm good! :)

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

I am hoping for 2 of 3, but no way in hell does this lackluster team sweep the superior team from Norman.

There's no need to call out his user name. He really brings a ton to this board. Easily one of the most informed posters here.

PayneCounty

Banned
Banned
Feb 26, 2010
Weston, FL
I've learned ignoring PC is the best option... His negativity, skepticism and willingness to excessively give it up to the Gooners got old fast for me.
Yeah, I was so negative when we beat them in hoops (finally!) this year. I, just like you, was embarrassed when we got our asses kicked in football this year....doesn't mean I am negative. Perhaps you're simply unwilling to be a realist at times, maybe? I mean, you do name yourself "BGeezy" after all...which speaks volumes.

Please continue to ignore me, as you "claim".

Regardless, I hope Frank's boys beat the snot out of Sonny this weekend.

Go Pokes!!! :D

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Yeah, I was so negative when we beat them in hoops (finally!) this year. I, just like you, was embarrassed when we got our asses kicked in football this year....doesn't mean I am negative. Perhaps you're simply unwilling to be a realist at times, maybe? I mean, you do name yourself "BGeezy" after all...which speaks volumes.

Please continue to ignore me, as you "claim".

Regardless, I hope Frank's boys beat the snot out of Sonny this weekend.

Go Pokes!!! :D
Are you serious? Keep doing your thing BGeezy. Payne, every chance you get I see you belittling OSU's accomplishments and promoting OU. You showed up around the season opener against USC and within a week or two you were talking about OU during our game threads. All I know is come Saturday night BGeezy will be at the Brick cheering for OSU .... and even if his goals are a little lofty at least he keeps it positive and doesn't give up on his team.

PayneCounty

Banned
Banned
Feb 26, 2010
Weston, FL
I haven't "given up" on them, either. Hell, he/she was the one who said it's "a stretch" to think they can sweep the Sooners. Crucify me for agreeing, really! LOL, what a joke.

Hmmm....and you're really criticizing me for showing up "around the season opener against USC"???? Seriously??? NO SHIT SHERLOCK, I am a baseball fan, of course I would be talking about the team from OPENING F'ING DAY. Do you have a point or are you just crying?

Come Friday AND Saturday AND Sunday, I will also be pulling for our overmatched Cowboys, no doubt!

I am positive we can win 2 of 3. Thanks for your concern! lol

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I haven't "given up" on them, either. Hell, he/she was the one who said it's "a stretch" to think they can sweep the Sooners. Crucify me for agreeing, really! LOL, what a joke.

Hmmm....and you're really criticizing me for showing up "around the season opener against USC"???? Seriously??? NO SHIT SHERLOCK, I am a baseball fan, of course I would be talking about the team from OPENING F'ING DAY. Do you have a point or are you just crying?

Come Friday AND Saturday AND Sunday, I will also be pulling for our overmatched Cowboys, no doubt!

No, we're criticizing you for this crap...

PayneCounty

Banned
Banned
Feb 26, 2010
Weston, FL
Do you disagree that we won't sweep them? Really?

Also, do you disagree we did not make the conference freakin' tournament last year?

Criticize all you want, if the truth hurts ya....cry away.

CowpokeMike

Federal Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Oklahoma City

LOL really? Where exactly do you agree with Bgeezy in this post? I don't see it.

And then you have a real flippant comment after that with "let's actually make the Big 12 tournament this year". You may say you are positive but that comment is dripping with derisiveness and condescension.

PayneCounty

Banned
Banned
Feb 26, 2010
Weston, FL
No kidding it's dripping with a negative outlook! We didn't make the conference tournament last year...and this year's edition doesn't show much hope for breaking the top 8 out of 10. Have you seen the standings? Are you blind??? Seriously.

And, to make it crystal clear for you, considering that's what it's going to take...I agree with BGeezy that "it is a stretch" that we'll sweep the series!!!

Hopefully that makes it more apparent for you, where I agreed with him/her. Sheesh, get a clue or some comprehension skills....OR BOTH!!!

CowpokeMike

Federal Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Oklahoma City
No kidding it's dripping with a negative outlook! We didn't make the conference tournament last year...and this year's edition doesn't show much hope for breaking the top 8 out of 10. Have you seen the standings? Are you blind??? Seriously.

And, to make it crystal clear for you, considering that's what it's going to take...I agree with BGeezy that "it is a stretch" that we'll sweep the series!!!

Hopefully that makes it more apparent for you, where I agreed with him/her. Sheesh, get a clue or some comprehension skills....OR BOTH!!!
Okay, well clearly there is no winning with you. No, you didn't think it was a "stretch" to sweep. You said "no way in hell". That isn't agreeing with someone, that is basically calling them an idiot. My comprehension skills are fine so you can kiss my ass on that note. Also, are you blind? No hope for breaking top 8 in the standings?? Well, we are 8th right now and are only a 1/2 game from being 6th but I guess that is no hope huh?? Maybe you should get a clue or some comprehension skills....OR BOTH!!!