I am biased.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Apparently the point of my OP escapes more people than Hogan’s Heros, especially @okstate987.

But first let me address the list of qualities that I put forth as those qualities that result in a positive bias. Let’s assume those are actually mine. I am not suggesting they should attach to any other person. I have no such expectations. They are merely examples of biases that have no racial component. They are simply qualities that might draw a person (me?) to an association with another human. And even if they are really mine, BFD. Who could reasonably argue any are inappropriate or unworthy of consideration. Oh, BTW, I don’t necessarily claim any of those qualities. They’re simply what most people would feel are attractive human qualities.

Now to the point of the thread. EVERYONE has biases. Yes, EVERYONE. Not all biases are racist in nature, but some are, and some are different shades of gray. I submit there are biases contained in the fabric of most, if not all, cultures. And some cultures have some really bad, even reprehensible characteristics. And thus, some people have negative biases towards certain cultures. Hence, the shades of gray in certain biases start to surface.

I’ll just leave it at that.

Discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Well that sums it up.
FYI
Black Lives Matter. And the cops need to quit treating Black people badly.
Please don’t suggest that it doesn’t happen all the time. Because it does. And it’s been going on for about 400 years in this country.
It’s America’s original sin.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Well that sums it up.
FYI
Black Lives Matter. And the cops need to quit treating Black people badly.
Please don’t suggest that it doesn’t happen all the time. Because it does. And it’s been going on for about 400 years in this country.
It’s America’s original sin.
In the last month......
How many cops have been assaulted or killed (likely) in the name of BLM or such?
How many Blacks have been illegally abused by the cops?
How many Whites have been illegally abused by the cops?

Try perspective when voicing outrage.

BTW, Also might want to consider perspective when assessing slavery.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Your response tells me you’re a racist.
No, I just have perspective.

Consider the following analogy.

Your football team is 0-10, averaging 10 pts per game, giving up 27 pts per game, has had 6 players dismissed for drugs and sexual misconduct, 10 players flunk out of school, 20% game attendance, and 2 assistant coaches accused of fixing games. The local sports writer covering the team ONLY writes about the horrid defense and suggests the fans boycott the games unless they hire a new DC. He will not acknowledge any other issues with the players, coaches, administration or fans.

While most fans acknowledge the sportswriters viewpoint, they start to ignore his daily call for the defensive coordinators head because the teams problems are much deeper and wider than the singular issue promoted by the sportswriter.

BLM is the local sports writer.

Last edited: