Hype v. Reality

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It amazes me how you can pull some semblance of superiority out of getting your monkey asses kicked the last three years.

Then touting your circus sideshow coaches superiority... when in one year, Riley has surpassed anything Gundy has ever done in thirteen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes Coach Log has done things the Mullet hasn't; he cried over Baker twice, got his ass kicked by Iowa State at home, and choked off a lead in a playoff game. He did it all in one season. Guns Up there good buddy.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yes Coach Log has done things the Mullet hasn't; he cried over Baker twice, got his ass kicked by Iowa State at home, and choked off a lead in a playoff game. He did it all in one season. Guns Up there good buddy.
As long as you’re happy, ya know. It’s okay to puff your chest out with your mediocre results. I mean you only had the Big 12 by the short and curlies the last three years and got throttled by a walk on cast off and some tortilla tossing coach. I’d rather have a coach get choked up talking about a player rather than screaming a rant about his age and taking his shirt off during a pep rally.

I’ll also take a Heisman winning playoff season with a Conference Championship cherry on top any day of the week. And you would too. You don’t have shit to thumb your nose at.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
As long as you’re happy, ya know. It’s okay to puff your chest out with your mediocre results. I mean you only had the Big 12 by the short and curlies the last three years and got throttled by a walk on cast off and some tortilla tossing coach. I’d rather have a coach get choked up talking about a player rather than screaming a rant about his age and taking his shirt off during a pep rally.

I’ll also take a Heisman winning playoff season with a Conference Championship cherry on top any day of the week. And you would too. You don’t have shit to thumb your nose at.

Denial is just not a river in Egypt for you is it?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Since "The Playoff" with four teams in a tournament Tech has exactly as many tournament wins as the goons. Why hire people from a perennial losing program that couldn't get it done where they were? I would say the same thing about some of the Mullet's hiring choices, however the Mullet has hired at least one guy with a real ring that he earned by coaching.
Because not every single coach and player who has been in that program is a loser. Just like not every single player and coach at osu is a complete loser either. Yes, there are plenty of losers there from tech and osu, so what. Doesnt mean that someone who went there cant win the heisman or be the best offensive mind in the country when they get to a real program with resources. That can happen too. I mean, the best play caller in the nation was some scrub OU had to get from eastern carolina. Obviously the guy wasnt worth a crap, why was he at ecu?

Only a troll would try to compare tech to OU though. how about wvu? wvu hasn't won crap, they are winless against OU since they joined the big 12. not really a threat. yet, somehow their former Oline coach came to OU and is rather consistently coaching up the best Olines in the country year in year out. Good question man, why hire people from programs like tech, ecu and wvu if you want to aspire to be more than those programs who cant get it done? You must be a genius. I bet youre still amazed that saban started his head coaching career at toledo, a program who has never won a damn thing. How could the most accomplished coach of all time have ever coached at a loser program like toledo?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
And still had a better offense than osu did. In spite of having complete unknowns returning at wr and rb. Still had a better season, in spite of historically bad defense. At 34 he already has more big 12 championship rings than the mullet ever will. As a HC he has the same amount of hardware after 14 games than the mullet has in 167 games. And I agree, he has also already made it to the playoffs. And he's way out recruiting him too. Like in opposite universes a better recruiter. I bet the mullet would love nothing more than to talk about how he had the nation's best offense last year and that he got his team to the playoffs, and that they're big 12 champs. Nah actually, maybe he doesnt. That's his strategy, he doesnt want all those accolades. He'd rather go hunt frogs. i cant think of any other reason why he didnt win it all last year. I mean with that unstoppable offense n all.

And what problem do you have with us being fans of OU and Riley? So what if he went to tech. Why should we give a shit? I'm pretty sure the results speak for themselves. I'm pretty sure reasonable opposing fans would be envious of Riley's position and what he's doing at OU.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
And still had a better offense than osu did. In spite of having complete unknowns returning at wr and rb. Still had a better season, in spite of historically bad defense. At 34 he already has more big 12 championship rings than the mullet ever will. As a HC he has the same amount of hardware after 14 games than the mullet has in 167 games. And I agree, he has also already made it to the playoffs. And he's way out recruiting him too. Like in opposite universes a better recruiter. I bet the mullet would love nothing more than to talk about how he had the nation's best offense last year and that he got his team to the playoffs, and that they're big 12 champs. Nah actually, maybe he doesnt. That's his strategy, he doesnt want all those accolades. He'd rather go hunt frogs. i cant think of any other reason why he didnt win it all last year. I mean with that unstoppable offense n all.

And what problem do you have with us being fans of OU and Riley? So what if he went to tech. Why should we give a shit? I'm pretty sure the results speak for themselves. I'm pretty sure reasonable opposing fans would be envious of Riley's position and what he's doing at OU.
Coach Log still hasn't hired anyone with a ring

The Mullet hunts rattlesnakes and turtles, no frogs (obviously the horny toads beat us this year)

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Coach Log still hasn't hired anyone with a ring

The Mullet hunts rattlesnakes and turtles, no frogs (obviously the horny toads beat us this year)
Okay. So you felt the need to let us know that Riley has not hired someone with a ring.

So, since you felt it was worth mentioning, why should this bother me? Why is it worth mentioning? What's your point?