Hype v. Reality

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
Triple Play radio has been killing it since @10:15 today. Off in a few spots but overall a great top to bottom audit of puke pigskin.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yep, being in the playoffs pays huge dividends for OU. But i'm pretty sure you pokes out there would rather have the camping world right? probably got you a big recruiting boost too.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Yep, being in the playoffs pays huge dividends for OU. But i'm pretty sure you pokes out there would rather have the camping world right? probably got you a big recruiting boost too.
Your dead roses smell wonderful and winning is great too. Catch any fish loser?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I don’t think there’s much polish to Grier.

I’ll guarantee Kyler Murray (given health to both QBs) puts up more total yards and TDs next year than Grier. Dude’s gonna take the conference by storm. And being in this system, is a legit Heisman contender even if he’s not on anyone’s radar currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're missing the point I don't think he's trying to tell you he'll be the best QB. I think what he's trying to say is he would be the most polished and by being a returning starter and being already good not great then it does lend him to probably be the most polished out there this next year.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Enjoy it boys, that red raider coaching staff coach log is assembling will bring that to a halt.
If you're referring to their new strength coach, he has a pretty nice resume. The fact that he's also worked at ttech really doesnt mean anything. I guess his time at tennessee, texas, and dallas cowboys dont count. As far as former ttech coaches go, we have one leading the program and he's doing a stand up job of it. In fact Riley has already reached the mullet's greatest achievement in 12 seasons in his first season by winning the big 12. Hell he already has more big 12 rings than the mullet ever will. lol.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I think you're missing the point I don't think he's trying to tell you he'll be the best QB. I think what he's trying to say is he would be the most polished and by being a returning starter and being already good not great then it does lend him to probably be the most polished out there this next year.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Yeah but polish doesn’t mean a lot in college. The length of tenure kinda doesn’t lend credence to that.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Let's look at all the techy connections to goonerville:
1. Coach Log
2. Ruffian
3. Strength Coach

Even the basketball team has been techized. Tortilla Flat North, its coming soon just keep importing that dynamic.
So what’s your point? I’m pretty sure tech hasn’t been to the playoffs lately

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Since "The Playoff" with four teams in a tournament Tech has exactly as many tournament wins as the goons. Why hire people from a perennial losing program that couldn't get it done where they were? I would say the same thing about some of the Mullet's hiring choices, however the Mullet has hired at least one guy with a real ring that he earned by coaching.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It amazes me how you can pull some semblance of superiority out of getting your monkey asses kicked the last three years.

Then touting your circus sideshow coaches superiority... when in one year, Riley has surpassed anything Gundy has ever done in thirteen.