Hurts to transfer to uo...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Well the gooners just won themselves another bedlam game and can go ahead and order a conference championship banner for the 2019 season. Riley is an amazing recruiter.
For whatever reasons, Hurts was looking at Maryland, Miami and OU. Even I would go to OU given that selection set.

Edit. No, actually I would not. I would figure out somewhere else based on those three.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Well the gooners just won themselves another bedlam game and can go ahead and order a conference championship banner for the 2019 season. Riley is an amazing recruiter.
They have to come to Stillwater at least. I will say that I don’t think hurts is anywhere close to as good as mayfield or Murray. He played for Alabama’s offense which was not always the best. He was replaced by a freshman QB. I actually fear hurts a lot less at Oklahoma than at bama where he has a formidable defense. He is a good QB but I wouldn’t be as worried about him some of the other QBs ou has produced. I actually think if sanders plays well then we have a good shot to win bedlam.

Nov 18, 2011
Hurts was your typical Alabama QB, prior to Tua, solid but not overly productive offensively or passing. That's why he was replaced. ou's offense will not be explosive with Hurts as the QB. I actually think most of the league is breathing easier as everyone knows what he brings to the table. If Riley turns Hurts into a Heisman winner and first round pick he's magical and is the best coach on the planet.

Aug 16, 2012
Did Gundy even offer??
If I were him, I would have passed. As other comments have noted, he is not a great spread/RPO type QB. Regardless, if Sanders' frustration even remotely reflects his mother's sentiment, bringing in Hurts would be a sure way to get him to transfer. Myself, I am anxious to see what Sanders brings and hope he can be productive for three years.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Hurts was your typical Alabama QB, prior to Tua, solid but not overly productive offensively or passing. That's why he was replaced. ou's offense will not be explosive with Hurts as the QB. I actually think most of the league is breathing easier as everyone knows what he brings to the table. If Riley turns Hurts into a Heisman winner and first round pick he's magical and is the best coach on the planet.
Alabama isn’t exactly known for their quarterback play. Hurts has done a ton of work to his mechanics both last offseason and this year. Riley wouldn’t bring someone in with an inept arm. Regardless, Riley tweaked the offense around Baker and around Kyler to play to their strengths. You don’t have back to back Heisman winners on accident. He’s incredibly good at seeking out and developing talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
OU worked the kinks out with Kendall and he’s transferring to WVU with immediate eligibility

Worked out the kinks? What kinks? They realized they looked like dic* bags and decided to backtrack you mean?
Don’t shoot the messenger

Nov 18, 2011
Alabama isn’t exactly known for their quarterback play. Hurts has done a ton of work to his mechanics both last offseason and this year. Riley wouldn’t bring someone in with an inept arm. Regardless, Riley tweaked the offense around Baker and around Kyler to play to their strengths. You don’t have back to back Heisman winners on accident. He’s incredibly good at seeking out and developing talent.

Expect them to run the ball...a lot. Again, solid Qb, not going to get you beat but not going to fire it around either. Their offense will look a lot like Texas next year with Ehlinger, they are similar players. These ou fans and media acting like this makes them up there with Clemson and Bama is laughable. The guy lost his job because of his limitations. Funny just last week before Hurts started his visits, Eschbach and George Schroeder we’re taking about how he was not a fit for the ou offense and Fields would be a great fit. Now they have him leading to the playoffs.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Expect them to run the ball...a lot. Again, solid Qb, not going to get you beat but not going to fire it around either. Their offense will look a lot like Texas next year with Ehlinger, they are similar players. These ou fans and media acting like this makes them up there with Clemson and Bama is laughable. The guy lost his job because of his limitations. Funny just last week before Hurts started his visits, Eschbach and George Schroeder we’re taking about how he was not a fit for the ou offense and Fields would be a great fit. Now they have him leading to the playoffs.
They said the same thing about Kyler. Riley knows what works and what doesn’t.

And the moment you start letting sports radio guys do your thinking for you is where you should stop. Sports radio is garbage.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Maybe he helps maybe he doesn’t. They still have their defense.

Aug 16, 2012
Not nearly as significant, but three Texas QBs entered the portal today. Buechelle who was passed over by Ehrlinger as the starter, and both their 2018 4-star recruits, Cameron Rising and Casey Thompson of the OU family of Thompsons.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
They said the same thing about Kyler. Riley knows what works and what doesn’t.

And the moment you start letting sports radio guys do your thinking for you is where you should stop. Sports radio is garbage.

Kyler was always athletically gifted. Not that hurts is not a good athlete but I wouldn’t put him in the same stratosphere of him or mayfield. Sports radio aside, I have seen both play and I don’t care if Riley is the best coach on the planet... you can’t make an apple an orange. Hurts was rarely pressured at bama because the offensive line wouldn’t allow it. The big 12 as bad as it maybe will test hurts more so than at bama. Teams will create pressure especially when they score so quickly on OUs pourous defense.

As much as you would like to believe that hurts is another plug and play OU disciple, I just don’t see it and will gladly eat crow if he ends up being a top 3 QB in the big 12. My guess is that he will play well until he plays a team that forces him to keep up in the passing game and then he will fold like cheap furniture because the run game won’t be enough to bail him out. He won’t be able to make pass after pass. We will see but I bet OU doesn’t win the conference next season.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I rate this is meh. I just assumed ou was going to be good on offense no matter who their QB was. It also looks like they have changed their mind and let the other guy transfer unopposed which is good because they were being a dick about it initially. It could also be fun to watch if Hurts struggles even the tiniest bit, then ou has the #1 QB in this years class sitting on the bench and we all know how popular the backup is.....the more hype, the more popular they are.

I'm more interested about who OSU's QB is going to be and who is going to coach them.