Hurts- a one man show

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
...you still don’t get it.

You’re taking offense to something that wasn’t meant to be offensive.

Again, this has nothing to do with efficiency or downplaying the skill of the other players on the offense.

He point blank is talking about the amount of Hurts’s usage throughout the season.

“So what?” you say. Yes, exactly. So what? Why are you or anyone else making it to be more than what it was? Gundy didn’t say it was a bad thing. He was praising Hurts’s ability. It was a simple observation about the style of OU’s offense this season. Nothing more.
Just let the sooner be butthurt mike. Its their natural state.
You realize your message board quarantines content of the Bedlam nature to its own section of your message board, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 31, 2011
Hurts will be fun to watch and it's always nice to see the Cowboys go against great talent. Which is what will happen on Saturday.

Personally, I can't wait for all of the fake injuries from Sooner defenders though, that's my favorite part of Bedlam. Maybe the OSU tempo has slowed down this season that we won't see 5-10 fake injuries this season.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Hurts will be fun to watch and it's always nice to see the Cowboys go against great talent. Which is what will happen on Saturday.

Personally, I can't wait for all of the fake injuries from Sooner defenders though, that's my favorite part of Bedlam. Maybe the OSU tempo has slowed down this season that we won't see 5-10 fake injuries this season.
Yeah the dozen fake injuries we saw in the WVU game last year in the second half comes to mind too. Was surprised we didn’t see much of that this year.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
If you think I was offended, then perhaps it is you that is not getting it.

I understand the usage. It's just silly and funny me to see that offense, and see a one man show. That's the kind of thing that is usually one good player with little supporting cast.
Yes. You clearly understood he was referring to usage. And that’s why you kept bringing up efficiency. Kewl.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If you think I was offended, then perhaps it is you that is not getting it.

I understand the usage. It's just silly and funny me to see that offense, and see a one man show. That's the kind of thing that is usually one good player with little supporting cast.
Yes. You clearly understood he was referring to usage. And that’s why you kept bringing up efficiency. Kewl.

I said I understand usage.

His usage rate isn’t that crazy. It’s 60%. Burrow is 58%. Last year Murray was 56%.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa

His usage rate isn’t that crazy. It’s 60%. Burrow is 58%. Last year Murray was 56%.
Neither Burrow or Murray were starting QBs who also led their teams in carries.

Hurts is the primary passer and the primary ball carrier by a mile.

This isn’t that deep.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Neither Burrow or Murray were starting QBs who also led their teams in carries.

Hurts is the primary passer and the primary ball carrier by a mile.

This isn’t that deep.
No it’s not that deep, and it doesn’t really matter how, but the usage rate is what it is. It is barely more than previous and future Heisman winners.