Hunter Biden introduced Burisma adviser to VP dad before Ukraine pressure

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
No, voting by definition is to authorize or approve.

The only reason they are meeting to vote is because someone called for the meeting (or called for the vote). Even then it may be they call for a vote because they know they have the votes to defeat the call for an investigation.
So, your example is the Trump GOP appointed AG then appointed a Trump GOP Special counsel. Then they fired the Trump appointed AG and replaced him with another Trump AG. They are now investigating the Trump GOP appointed Special Counsel.

And you think this is a good thing? It is the equivalent of a divorcee wanting there ex investigated for hiring an investigator that they agreed to.

Yeah, I don't think you will find the equivalent of this in any past administration. Cause not one from either party was run by this big of an imbecile.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So, your example is the Trump GOP appointed AG then appointed a Trump GOP Special counsel. Then they fired the Trump appointed AG and replaced him with another Trump AG. They are now investigating the Trump GOP appointed Special Counsel.

And you think this is a good thing? It is the equivalent of a divorcee wanting there ex investigated for hiring an investigator that they agreed to.

Yeah, I don't think you will find the equivalent of this in any past administration. Cause not one from either party was run by this big of an imbecile.
It really does feel like it's been one big 4 year long amateur hour.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Many votes are taken despite preordained results simply for one side to get the other side on record as voting for or against something it is hoped can be used against them in a reelection bid. Both sides do it, of course, but I'm not sure many voters pay much attention. Still comes down to my team good, your team bad.

Lots of plusses/minuses for term limits, but if you took reelection posturing out of the equation I think you'd see a lot more representatives voting based on conscience instead of straight party.
It feels like it's one big game. A new senator gets elected, wanting to come in and change the world. But he has to schmooze the upper level senators to get on a committee worth a damn. And yeah you can author a bill, or cosign on another one, but if the majority leader doesnt put it on the floor, it doesnt go anywhere. So if you want some legislation that will positively impact your state you have to get on committees and get some influence with your peers. And to do that you have to make promises, shake hands, look the other way here, do something else there. By the time you finally make it to some position of influence you've already had to vote against your principles on a few other things and maybe some upper level senator is breathing down your neck to vote the other way. And all the while, guess who isnt really getting any say here? the people who elected you. Most folks couldnt even tell you who their senators are.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
It feels like it's one big game. A new senator gets elected, wanting to come in and change the world. But he has to schmooze the upper level senators to get on a committee worth a damn. And yeah you can author a bill, or cosign on another one, but if the majority leader doesnt put it on the floor, it doesnt go anywhere. So if you want some legislation that will positively impact your state you have to get on committees and get some influence with your peers. And to do that you have to make promises, shake hands, look the other way here, do something else there. By the time you finally make it to some position of influence you've already had to vote against your principles on a few other things and maybe some upper level senator is breathing down your neck to vote the other way. And all the while, guess who isnt really getting any say here? the people who elected you. Most folks couldnt even tell you who their senators are.
Add to that if you don't go along you are likely to get primaried by your own party.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Add to that if you don't go along you are likely to get primaried by your own party.
Yeah man that's the other thing. Getting elected is like way down the line right? So just to get your name on the ticket there's a lot of crap you have to go through. Fund raising, campaigning, making the right people happy enough to make it happen for you. And im sure someone gets a kickback, that person who decides who gets to do what. It's probably even worse in the House where you are constantly running for reelection for an even bigger revolving door

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

There have been several posts suggesting both sides have criminals. I suspect you probably agreed to this somewhere.

So what you are suggesting is that it takes an "imbecile" to call out a criminal if they are of the same political party? Do I understand that correctly?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
There have been several posts suggesting both sides have criminals. I suspect you probably agreed to this somewhere.

So what you are suggesting is that it takes an "imbecile" to call out a criminal if they are of the same political party? Do I understand that correctly?
Definitely agree the are criminals on both sides.

No, I am saying if you are hiring someone to investigate yourself. Fire that person's boss that you hired. Hire someone else to cover up that investigation you approved(still hasn't been released). Then call for investigations into the investigator. You are an imbecile.

Investigate the investigator I hired. It is just too much of a mud slinging affair to not have the person come off as completely incompetent. Not to mention a conflict of interest and obstructing justice at the most basic level.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Definitely agree the are criminals on both sides.

No, I am saying if you are hiring someone to investigate yourself. Fire that person's boss that you hired. Hire someone else to cover up that investigation you approved(still hasn't been released). Then call for investigations into the investigator. You are an imbecile.

Investigate the investigator I hired. It is just too much of a mud slinging affair to not have the person come off as completely incompetent. Not to mention a conflict of interest and obstructing justice at the most basic level.
So, if you think the investigator you hired did something criminal you would be an imbecile or incompetent to hire someone to investigate?

Now I understand why we're screwed.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
So, if you think the investigator you hired did something criminal you would be an imbecile or incompetent to hire someone to investigate?

Now I understand why we're screwed.
Well, if you hired one criminal maybe you are not an imbecile and incompetent.

Trump has what 8 people he has hired that are convicted? With more likely to come(Brad Parscale who just got arrested. Trump's Campaign manager)?.

1 case of hiring a criminal. Ok maybe you get a pass. 8+ and ongoing? Yes you are an imbecile and incompetent.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
This is the first left leaning group to repeat this story I’m aware of.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1318732138187956224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1318732138187956224%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_1&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4559629%2Fpg1

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I’d buy a ticket. Great time to be alive as long as you don’t swallow factory made fear.
I ain't skeered. 2020 has already thrown me a 7 month flash drought, bad grass, dry ponds, hauling cow water, 8 family members (me included) with the Vid even though we socially distance (25 miles to town) and use masks (an accommodation to my wife and mother and masks don't do anything) and our first precip in months is going to be a winter storm.

Mass media hysteria just doesn't pack the same punch. We aren't going anywhere, just watching the show.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I can tell you the reaction of Democrats if we replaced the name of Joe and Hunter Biden with Trump....

View attachment 86469

Instead when it's Biden's name the Democrats either blame Trump or Russia.

Adam Schiff claims Hunter Biden email stories come 'from the Kremlin'

Tell me, who here on the left hasn't repeated or supported this claim by Schiff?
Adam Schill must have found another whistle blower or maybe its the same one he never found before.