Hunter Biden introduced Burisma adviser to VP dad before Ukraine pressure

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
That's funny. All those hearings going on for months and for some reason I don't remember them being so driven by the Republicans.

Could someone please explain to me why the Russians would think a candidate who was known for unpredictable, ego driven, behavior would be preferable to a candidate who had decades of diplomacy and direct dealing with the Russian government? That part never made sense to me.
Have you ever seen a Democrat in Congress call for an investigation into a leading Democrat in Washington?

Maybe there has been one, but I don't recall one. Even in the face of concerning evidence they defend rather than call for an investigation.

The Obama administration allowed over 2,000 guns distributed to drug cartels and other criminals in Mexico. Lied about their knowledge of it. Was there any Democrat in Congress or anyone at the DOJ call for an investigation? I don't recall one.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
That's funny. All those hearings going on for months and for some reason I don't remember them being so driven by the Republicans.

Could someone please explain to me why the Russians would think a candidate who was known for unpredictable, ego driven, behavior would be preferable to a candidate who had decades of diplomacy and direct dealing with the Russian government? That part never made sense to me.
A candidate who had shown previously, with the Russians specifically, that she could be bought.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Have you ever seen a Democrat in Congress call for an investigation into a leading Democrat in Washington?

Maybe there has been one, but I don't recall one. Even in the face of concerning evidence they defend rather than call for an investigation.

The Obama administration allowed over 2,000 guns distributed to drug cartels and other criminals in Mexico. Lied about their knowledge of it. Was there any Democrat in Congress or anyone at the DOJ call for an investigation? I don't recall one.
Preet Bharara was a Democratic US AG for NY. He started the investigation and issued the subpoena into Anthony Weiner.

He also investigated Andrew Cuomo in 2014.

He also investigated 11-term Speaker of the New York State Assembly Sheldon Silver for taking millions of dollars in payoffs, leading to Silver's arrest in January 2015. He was a democrat.

So there are three from Trump's former NY District alone. All during Obama's presidency. There are others I am sure too.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It's amazing to think that a year ago, the DNC went so far as to actually impeach a president in order to block any attempt to investigate this guy. Maybe if they'd just let if go, they could have nominated someone who isn't a worse choice than Trump... but no... establishment rules, new blood drools.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
It's amazing to think that a year ago, the DNC went so far as to actually impeach a president in order to block any attempt to investigate this guy. Maybe if they'd just let if go, they could have nominated someone who isn't a worse choice than Trump... but no... establishment rules, new blood drools.
Sadly, Biden probably is and was their best shot at beating Trump. They knew that then.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Preet Bharara was a Democratic US AG for NY. He started the investigation and issued the subpoena into Anthony Weiner.

He also investigated Andrew Cuomo in 2014.

He also investigated 11-term Speaker of the New York State Assembly Sheldon Silver for taking millions of dollars in payoffs, leading to Silver's arrest in January 2015. He was a democrat.

So there are three from Trump's former NY District alone. All during Obama's presidency. There are others I am sure too.
Preet Bharara was a Congressman?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Preet Bharara was a Congressman?
Well the US constitution only gives Congress the power of oversight. Mostly that is used for impeachments or investigations relating to it.

It is not really congresses job to investigate things unless it is around impeachment or oversight of other branches. The DOJ is for everything else.

But, 31 Democrat members of congress voted to investigate Bill Clinton's Lewinski scandal. So we have a whole lot of Dems calling for Dems to be investigated in the 2 minutes it took for me to look up the scandals I remember.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
This story might have legs.

It’s a little odd the big tech firms and many news outlets have circled the wagons around this one.

Joe Biden’s hometown is Wilmington, DE so it’s completely feasible that laptop is the real deal. I’d say this is on par with the Trump/Russian investigation; smells bad, but the sh!t is yet to be seen.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The story I posted earlier has been updated and now says the emails are authentic.

Another senior administration official also told Fox News that the FBI is not currently investigating the laptop as part of a Russian disinformation campaign.
Meanwhile, another senior federal law enforcement official told Fox News that the emails are "authentic."

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
The story I posted earlier has been updated and now says the emails are authentic.

Another senior administration official also told Fox News that the FBI is not currently investigating the laptop as part of a Russian disinformation campaign.
Meanwhile, another senior federal law enforcement official told Fox News that the emails are "authentic."
If these e-mails are untrue Joe Biden should immediately and loudly say they are untrue.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If these e-mails are untrue Joe Biden should immediately and loudly say they are untrue.
If this were Trump (or any Republican), he'd be bombarded by the media with questions asking him to do just that....but with Biden...the media be all crickets and stuff.

The MSM = the DNC. There is no longer a line where one ends and the other begins.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Well the US constitution only gives Congress the power of oversight. Mostly that is used for impeachments or investigations relating to it.

It is not really congresses job to investigate things unless it is around impeachment or oversight of other branches. The DOJ is for everything else.

But, 31 Democrat members of congress voted to investigate Bill Clinton's Lewinski scandal. So we have a whole lot of Dems calling for Dems to be investigated in the 2 minutes it took for me to look up the scandals I remember.
My question was "Have you ever seen a Democrat in Congress call for an investigation into a leading Democrat in Washington?" My question wasn't how they voted or joined in the call after the fact.

Robert Mueller, (R) was the director of the FBI. Recently, Senate Republicans called for Justice Department officials to investigate whether special counsel Robert Mueller's team violated federal record keeping laws.

So, show me where Democrats in congress have called for (initiated the call) an investigation of a leading Democrat.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
If this were Trump (or any Republican), he'd be bombarded by the media with questions asking him to do just that....but with Biden...the media be all crickets and stuff.

The MSM = the DNC. There is no longer a line where one ends and the other begins.
I can tell you the reaction of Democrats if we replaced the name of Joe and Hunter Biden with Trump....

1603290306796.png

Instead when it's Biden's name the Democrats either blame Trump or Russia.

Adam Schiff claims Hunter Biden email stories come 'from the Kremlin'

Tell me, who here on the left hasn't repeated or supported this claim by Schiff?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
My question was "Have you ever seen a Democrat in Congress call for an investigation into a leading Democrat in Washington?" My question wasn't how they voted or joined in the call after the fact.

Robert Mueller, (R) was the director of the FBI. Recently, Senate Republicans called for Justice Department officials to investigate whether special counsel Robert Mueller's team violated federal record keeping laws.

So, show me where Democrats in congress have called for (initiated the call) an investigation of a leading Democrat.
Ha, voting for it is by definition calling for it.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Ha, voting for it is by definition calling for it.
No, voting by definition is to authorize or approve.

The only reason they are meeting to vote is because someone called for the meeting (or called for the vote). Even then it may be they call for a vote because they know they have the votes to defeat the call for an investigation.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Many votes are taken despite preordained results simply for one side to get the other side on record as voting for or against something it is hoped can be used against them in a reelection bid. Both sides do it, of course, but I'm not sure many voters pay much attention. Still comes down to my team good, your team bad.

Lots of plusses/minuses for term limits, but if you took reelection posturing out of the equation I think you'd see a lot more representatives voting based on conscience instead of straight party.