Huge Beirut explosion shatters windows across Lebanese capital

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
not from conventional weapons that is for sure..and not a nuke so the whole 2700 tons of Ammo Nitrate exploding that was supposed to be destroyed by the govt story is holding up.

The PM said that he would make sure every official who should have destroyed that stuff since it was put into storage in 2013 would pay the ultimate price for not getting rid of it

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1291032555807019009
Uhhmmm he is the PM. Of the country. Does that include him???

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
In your quest to follow me around and desperately try to discredit anything I post you really expose your own bias and shortsighted understanding of geopolitical politics.

The court of public opinion is very much strong and can lead to actionable offense by the public and it is driven by social media in these countries. These types of messages on social media lead to a public who is very much vocal and violent when compared to western civil unrest. The misinformation on social media in which they put faith leaves it impossible for some countries/organizations/etc to participate in recovery or aid missions because the public fooled by misinformation on social media will hurt, harm, destroy anything associated with that country.
You do realize that 1 person can seem like 100's or 1000's on twitter??? Twitter means nothing.

Nov 6, 2010
Not much of them standing. look at all that grain
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1291017844252188672
I bet those silos saved a bunch of lives. The fact they were so close to the blast and held up probably diverted the majority of the shockwave going in that direction up into the air.

Bay Area Poke

Banned
Banned
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I bet those silos saved a bunch of lives. The fact they were so close to the blast and held up probably diverted the majority of the shockwave going in that direction up into the air.
That’s a great point. It sure seems like the loss of life is going to be much less than you would expect based on the naked eye.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
You can definitely tell that is true when you watch the videos from the water. I was expecting to see a massive wave in the water, but I think the silos stopped it.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
You can definitely tell that is true when you watch the videos from the water. I was expecting to see a massive wave in the water, but I think the silos stopped it.
That is true. Those videos on the water were well close enough to blow those boats apart (as we saw with the car 1-2 miles away that was driving down the road) but they had the silos between them and the explosion.

Haven't seen any video from boats that didn't have the silos between them and the explosion. I bet there were people filming from the ocean, but I bet their boats and them got torn apart on the water

In the satellite pics it looks like there is a pretty substantial sea wall out there . I wonder if that blocked some of the shock from hitting boats and if that wall was damaged

Nov 6, 2010
WOW what a video. This lady was in the middle of her wedding and was having a video taken of her when the blast went off

https://twitter.com/AGenieSaysWhat/status/1291084708126830597
That better not have been the husband doing the filming, cause he ditched her in a minute.

Side note, the bride is hot!

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Estimated 300,000 people are currently displaced from damaged living areas in the city and widespread fear and potential that several damaged buildings may collapse

Reports that buildings as far away as 7 miles sustained damage and people suffered some injuries from flying debris at this range as well