How will the tight end fit into Oklahoma State's offense?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Mark Cooper is counting down to Big 12 media days...

The 11 total catches by OSU tight ends were the fewest since 2013 -- when the Cowboys did not have a dedicated coach to the position.

Oklahoma State’s Cowboy back -- a tight end/fullback hybrid coached by Jason McEndoo -- took a back seat in the offense for multiple reasons. The talent outside was one.

But OSU’s Cowboy back position was also transitioning after losing current Dallas Cowboys tight end Blake Jarwin. The group, which featured a blocking-type in Abbott, lacked a featured passcatcher.

Could that change in 2018?
Link

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Abbott, only a blocking type??????LOL

"Was named the Kansas Class 5A Player of the Year his senior season after throwing for over 3,000 yards, rushing for over 1,200 and was responsible for 49 touchdowns."

We have barely scratched the surface of what this young man can do on a football field....Mark Cooper was lazy there.

Jul 9, 2011
Near Bryan/College Station in Iola, TX
Abbott, only a blocking type??????LOL

"Was named the Kansas Class 5A Player of the Year his senior season after throwing for over 3,000 yards, rushing for over 1,200 and was responsible for 49 touchdowns."

We have barely scratched the surface of what this young man can do on a football field....Mark Cooper was lazy there.
I agree. I'm expecting some additional/adjusted plays this year specifically to take advantage of what he can do.

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
Jake Ross will most likely have the best receiving statistics by the end of the year as the guy is a pretty polished receiver. I’m interested to see what his body transforms into after working with Glass over the summer.

Jul 28, 2006
Cowboy Back will show up as a huge miss arch about game 5 of the season and we will all wonder where that beast came from and then he will have one more catch the rest of the season.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I think we will have the talent again to utilize the cowboy back position, I really think MR wasn't great at short to intermediate throws and that with the lesser talent after 2016 made the CW less of the offense. Now you have some huge targets and next year you have a super talented TE coming in so I see the % of plays to the CW increasing or at least it should. We will see if OCMY decides to add a couple of plays.