How long.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2007
planet earth
Whether it's tonight, April 3rd at the NIT finals, or somewhere in between, the basketball season is about to end. We've all heard the speculation about Sean and we all know how Holder has held out on making a statement about Sean's future in Stillwater.

My question is: How much time do you guys think will pass before Holder finally comes forward and announces something, one way or the other?

If we lose tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see a press conference tomorrow, even if it is to say that Sean's not going anywhere.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
at this point, nothing would surprise me...

not even next season starting with Sutton as the HC and Holder still not having said anything.
I actually think this is the least likely version.

Why?

I believe Coach Sutton would not allow that. I believe he would demand some sort of public statement so we have a solid shot at recruiting ANYONE.

Nobody wants to come into turmoil.

OKCPoke

Territorial Marshal
Dec 19, 2006
It's been the longest pregnant pause I can remember in OSU sports...everyone is waiting to see who blinks first.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I am leaning towards a rather quick announcement following our final game. Within 3-4 days.
I say, tell us NOW, but obviously that isn't going to happen.

I would really look hard at the postgame stuff for indications or even definitive statements.

Coach Sutton doesn't seem to hide much of what he thinks in most cases. If he is gone, I think we will know. If it is up in the air we won't hear anything. If he is coming back we might get something.

Geez, this is fun.:x

Jan 9, 2005
Oklahoma
After our last game, then word of Sean's status will leak out nlt the next nite, and a press release/conference will occur nlt the day after that.

If we win the NIT, he will retain his job, otherwise, probably not. :(

Sep 17, 2006
Did anyone hear the Animal this morning. Around 8:00, Steely (sp?) said that Sean had a meeting with Holder and that Robert Allen had a discussion/interview with Sean after that. They were going to have RA on the show around 8:30 but I didn't get a chance to listen.

Aug 22, 2007
Omaha, NE
I agree it happens quickly. If he's going to get canned, it happens the day after the season is over. No reason to delay it.

If he is going to stay, Holder needs to say as much right away, as well. Sean, the players, recruits, fans, all need to know what to expect. The longer it goes without ANYTHING said, the more opportunity for rampant rumors.

Just my two cents.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Did anyone hear the Animal this morning. Around 8:00, Steely (sp?) said that Sean had a meeting with Holder and that Robert Allen had a discussion/interview with Sean after that. They were going to have RA on the show around 8:30 but I didn't get a chance to listen.
Interesting.

Mark Rogers was talking about Sean referring to OSU as "THAT team" when talking about next year. He took it as an indication and not a mistake in speech.

I didn't hear RA this morning at all, but wouldn't RA have talked about it on his show?

Someone please enlighten us.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I agree it happens quickly. If he's going to get canned, it happens the day after the season is over. No reason to delay it.

If he is going to stay, Holder needs to say as much right away, as well. Sean, the players, recruits, fans, all need to know what to expect. The longer it goes without ANYTHING said, the more opportunity for rampant rumors.

Just my two cents.
It also provides an endless topic for the anti-OSU media in OKC to run with. I am sick of this crap so much right now I almost just wish we would lose tonight so we can have it done.

That said, I am not actually hoping we lose. I want OSU to plow this NIT and get ready for a big 2008-09 Season!

bleedaggie

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
I actually think this is the least likely version.

Why?

I believe Coach Sutton would not allow that. I believe he would demand some sort of public statement so we have a solid shot at recruiting ANYONE.

Nobody wants to come into turmoil.
Not throwing rocks here, but short of winning several games in the NIT, Sean's not going to have a lot of leverage to make many demands.

Holder has said he'll discuss the future of HCSS once the season ends, and then we'll know. My suspicion is that he's going to do what he said he would do, and that it will happen rather quickly.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Not throwing rocks here, but short of winning several games in the NIT, Sean's not going to have a lot of leverage to make many demands.

Holder has said he'll discuss the future of HCSS once the season ends, and then we'll know. My suspicion is that he's going to do what he said he would do, and that it will happen rather quickly.
I disagree. Coach Sutton is either going to be our coach or he isn't. I was responding to the notion that Mike Holder would let Sean stay and still say nothing going into next year. I don't think it would happen, nor do I think Coach Sutton would allow it.

I do think he would have grounds to tell Holder to s&%# or get off the pot.

Feb 24, 2005
I heard RA on the animal. He didn't say Sean had a meeting with Holder, he said HE (RA) has talked to Holder, last night at the Girl's Selection Show watch party. He said that he got the impression that Mike already knows what he's going to do, one way or the other, and that it irritates him (Holder) to no end that the media and Eddie have tried to force his hand. He said Holder feels as though he made a rookie mistake in endorsing Gundy during the season, and he won't do it again, for any coach. Any and all coaches will be evaluated at the end of the season, no exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.