How Can I Cure My White Guilt?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
These people's use of the term "white" is offensive to me. They need to use either European American, or Person of No Color.
Well I'm of Prussian background so does that make me European American or Asian American?

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I swear that first part reads like a liberal suicide note. Somebody needs to talk whitey off the ledge and let him/her know that there is more to life than just trying to please black people to make themselves feel good.
And the only systematic racism I know of that is trying to kill black people is abortion. Unless you include black on black violence due to gangs and such.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
Thus my response, "Two words: Kill yourself." Problem solved, no more white guilt.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
This article is apropos: A Closer Look at Anti-White Retoric
From the Article:
Yet, there’s reason to look deeper. In an article in The Atlantic, Reihan Salam offered an alternative perspective to that of Beauchamp and Klein. Titled “The Utility of White-Bashing,” Salam aimed to “look beyond the particulars of Jeong’s remarks to better understand why anti-white rhetoric is, in some communities, so commonplace as to be banal.” While affirming the ubiquity of anti-white rhetoric in progressive communities, Salam suggested it’s driven by motives beyond the simple highlighting of power structures.
Most commonly, he noted, it’s used as a tool by upwardly-mobile white people who “pride themselves on their diverse social circles and their enlightened views,” to distinguish themselves from their racial identity:

It is almost as though we’re living through a strange sort of ethnogenesis, in which those who see themselves as (for lack of a better term) upper-whites are doing everything they can to disaffiliate themselves from those they’ve deemed lower-whites. Note that to be “upper” or “lower” isn’t just about class status, though of course that’s always hovering in the background. Rather, it is about the supposed nobility that flows from racial self-flagellation.
Salam has also seen the same rhetoric used by highly-educated and affluent Asian-American professionals. Ultimately, it’s connected to the same phenomenon, because the aforementioned whites are gatekeepers to academic and professional success:
Think about what it takes to claw your way into America’s elite strata. Unless you were born into the upper-middle class, your surest route is to pursue an elite education. To do that, it pays to be exquisitely sensitive to the beliefs and prejudices of the people who hold the power to grant you access to the social and cultural capital you badly want. By setting the standards for what counts as praiseworthy, elite universities have a powerful effect on youthful go-getters. Their admissions decisions represent powerful “nudges” towards certain attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors, and I’ve known many first- and second-generation kids—I was one of them—who intuit this early on.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I just keep thinking about my two white friends from South Africa who became US citizens...

how are they ever going to get over their White Guilt when they actually are African Americans, but they're white.

I have an African American friend who keeps getting mad when I call him African American... he's from Sri Lanka, and he says that he's a black African, and that he's not African American.... he's not American at all.

I get so confused.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
There is a black man, originally from Ethiopia, in my department at work. When I had to file a diversity (multiculturalism) report at work, I reported that he is African-American. HR told me I was wrong; that he cannot be Africa-American because he isn’t originally from the U.S.

Wrap your head around that one. A black man from sub-Saharan Africa who became a US citizen isn’t an African-American.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
There is a black man, originally from Ethiopia, in my department at work. When I had to file a diversity (multiculturalism) report at work, I reported that he is African-American. HR told me I was wrong; that he cannot be Africa-American because he isn’t originally from the U.S.

Wrap your head around that one. A black man from sub-Saharan Africa who became a US citizen isn’t an African-American.
That is correct... you must "check the box" that says "other" on that form. LOL

Jul 20, 2018
I just keep thinking about my two white friends from South Africa who became US citizens...

how are they ever going to get over their White Guilt when they actually are African Americans, but they're white.

I have an African American friend who keeps getting mad when I call him African American... he's from Sri Lanka, and he says that he's a black African, and that he's not African American.... he's not American at all.

I get so confused.
I thought Sri Lanka was in Asia?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Must have meant Sierra Leone.
yes I did thanks.... that was back in the 70's when he was jumping on my butt for trying to be PC..

the thing about political correctness, is that it is political... not correct.

e.g., it was "politically correct" to speak fondly of the brown shirts in Nazi Germany, and to praise Rocket Man in PRNK, etc.

PokeIncognito

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 1, 2013
I read something the other day about how the race war isn't actually between whites and everybody else... it's between white "elite" and everybody else, and those elites are positioning themselves as "allies" so that they can maintain power... the sooner that non-elite whites and non-elite peoples of color realize that their interests are virtually the same, the sooner we can become a better nation.
Their interests aren’t remotely the same, though...

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Yes they are. Steady income, a stable home and piece of property... The pursuit of happiness.

How many income disadvantaged black folks do you work with on a weekly basis? How about income disadvantaged white folks?
oh brother.... here we go...

It is about ELITE's against US (we the people).... Black elites, democrat elites, RINO's the whole lot, all want to get and keep power.

There is no "race war" - it is a creation of the Elite's to pit us against one another for the sole purpose of them retaining power. (over us)

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I read something the other day about how the race war isn't actually between whites and everybody else... it's between white "elite" and everybody else, and those elites are positioning themselves as "allies" so that they can maintain power... the sooner that non-elite whites and non-elite peoples of color realize that their interests are virtually the same, the sooner we can become a better nation.
So, class warfare instead of race warfare, eh Che'?

PokeIncognito

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 1, 2013
Yes they are. Steady income, a stable home and piece of property... The pursuit of happiness.

How many income disadvantaged black folks do you work with on a weekly basis? How about income disadvantaged white folks?
It’s very silly to act like their struggles are the same. Their interests might overlap but they’re definitely not the same, and the effort it takes to get one group to point A is half the effort it will/would take group B to get there.