How about Tulsa

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 13, 2005
I wish we had Tulsa’s OC and third team QB. Amazing to watch a QB completing passes all over the field, as opposed to whatever it is that we’re doing.
To be fair, its Tulane. I'm pretty sure we would move the ball up and down the field against them.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Respectfully, what does the above statement mean?
Simply that it doesn't matter if they're a juggernaut or if they've had to come from behind to win some games. The only things that matters is their 5-1 record and I'm glad we escaped with a "W" against Tulsa. They are tied with #7 Cincy for the best conference record at 5-0 in the AAC.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Attended the game and I have a few observations:

1. As was already said, Collins will be playing on Sunday. What I didn’t realize until after he came rumbling past our seats on the pick is how fast he can move that body. Granted he seemed to be running out of steam at the last 20 which is where we were, but he definitely has some speed.

2. Davis Brin is a very poised young man on the field and puts a quite a zip on the ball with a quick arm motion, and the first person I thought of was Rattler.

3. Boomer just sucks

Aug 16, 2012
I thought Tulsa was some kind of juggernaut this year? And yet they had to come back from two scores down.
Sure you have caught it by now, but first-string QB went down early, second string came in and did not do anything (OMG that is eerily familiar), and he eventually went down in the 3rd. Took Weeden coming in after halftime the third team QB playing in the 4th to bring them back.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Hindsight is 20/20, but I sure wish we would've come through with an offer for Collins. He would've looked really good in orange & black. It's crazy to think that his only offers were Tulsa & UCO.

View attachment 87194
We should have offered a 2-star guy from a 3A HS with no specific position? Are you TRYING to blow up Orange Power?

Just kidding, I know you said in hindsight, but folks on here would be calling for Gundy's head - even more so than on your average Tuesday afternoon. But man he is fun to watch. Plus, he's Pre Med at TU - not sure we have time for that stuff at a football school!

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
SS cannot make those throws so quick and so fast. He would had been sacked cold trying to brake a run instead of a long hailmary pass.
Holy smokes dude your level of disdain for Sanders is disturbing. Every time I see the blue “m” I know there is going to be something negative about Spencer sanders. It’s like my mother-in-law talking about her ex.
We get it, you don’t like him.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Holy smokes dude your level of disdain for Sanders is disturbing. Every time I see the blue “m” I know there is going to be something negative about Spencer sanders. It’s like my mother-in-law talking about her ex.
We get it, you don’t like him.
I guess SS is a nice person and as a QB I believe he'd follow Gundy's script to the dots.

He is not a QB that will distribute the balls to multiple receivers all over the field.
He call his own number too much.
That traits are not to my liking.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
How did Sanders get brought up in a thread about Tulsa football?
I suppose I started it. I just made the observation that I like their play calling, and how decisive their third-string QB was and how well he threw the ball all over the field, as opposed to what we've seen from our QB/OC.