How about Baker yesterday? How'd he do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Nice. Im not sure you know what "beating your chest" means. He has more pass yards than the NFL MVP too. But so what?

Im not a browns fan. Im not proud. Im not showing off. Im simply observing that it's interesting that the two nfl players of the week are OU guys. And i guess it bothers you enough to respond in such a way. Weird.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
What is pretty interesting, is that the AFC and NFC players of the week are former Oklahoma quarterbacks. Nice.
Please put an * on that, TRANSFER qbs
Gundy would have QBs lining up to play for him too if he were any good at developing them.

Hell, Riley had a 5* QB take a trip on his own dime there to visit while another 5* QB was already committed in the same class. You get that way by being good at what you do. I don’t see anybody lining up to play for Gundy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Hell, Riley had a 5* QB take a trip on his own dime there to visit while another 5* QB was already committed in the same class. You get that way by being good at what you do. I don’t see anybody lining up to play for Gundy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And yet he's #3-2 #unranked....the university of squat, doing less with more than anybody besides Texas.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yeah, you might want to tap the brakes there, dude. Here's how he's done in his division:
Lost 38-6 to the Ravens
Lost 38-7 to the Steelers
Barely beat the horrible Bengals twice.
I've already pointed out their 2 historic wins vs. Cincy. The epic conquests of Dallas & Washington & the win against Indy-the only team they've beaten with a winning record.

So, thus far, the same thing they've done the last couple of years: beat losing teams.

As far as divisions, AFC North is looking good right now, but so is the NFC West. PIttsburgh vs. Baltimore will be very interesting this weekend.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yeah, you might want to tap the brakes there, dude. Here's how he's done in his division:
Lost 38-6 to the Ravens
Lost 38-7 to the Steelers
Barely beat the horrible Bengals twice.
Yep. But , the record is what it is. Be interesting to see where that goes. I dont really care what they do, they could lose every game for all I care, but they are 5-2 right now.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Even without OBJ, they still have a boatload of offensive weapons, but a dud behind center. People are starting to realize it.
I think their new coach actually realizes their strengths & has been playing to them: run the ball, use PA to get Baker clean looks, & lean on the defense.

Not sure when Chubb is back for them at RB, but they've got their recipe for success at least. It's the NFL though, so can they execute it?

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks getting OBJ outta the way is only going to help. You can tell me all day long how talented the dude is, don't care, he's a verifiable cancer in his own unique way.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Keep moving the goalposts, good boy.
Umm, i was talking about the 5-2 browns, and your response was "I thought it mattered who the wins were against when the college season started? I seem to recall that."

Not sure what that means or how it relates to my post. You must be confused, because no goalposts were moved. Try making a response that has some relation to the post you are quoting.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Umm, i was talking about the 5-2 browns, and your response was "I thought it mattered who the wins were against when the college season started? I seem to recall that."

Not sure what that means or how it relates to my post. You must be confused, because no goalposts were moved. Try making a response that has some relation to the post you are quoting.

Here, allow me to lead you by the hand back to your comments in the season prediction thread.