How about Baker yesterday? How'd he do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So what though. He was amazing at OU, which is the important thing. Maybe if you get lucky, osu will a qb back in the nfl again. wonder why Murray doesnt have a thread. He was a #1 pick too. Maybe Rattler will get his own thread on this board when he goes in the first round.
Murray doesn't have a thread because he's a good guy, a real decent kid that exhibits grace, humility and leadership and yet competes at a very high level. I will openly root for his success.

Mayfield has a thread because he's an a$$hat, a blowhard, a general punka$$ of a human. Pretty much every Sooner fan alive relished in the demise of Johnny Foosball and pretty much every Cowboy fan is now living in that same arena.

Mayfield and Manziel are cut from THE EXACT same cloth.

It amazes me that you guys can't/don't see this.
He’s one of those that if he’s yours, you love him, but if he’s not you hate him.

But he’s not a Johnny Manziel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure I heard rumors of Manziel being a terrible teammate, showing up late to practice or when he’s not late, he’s hung over. Baker is not what I would call a “very mature” person, however he’s a leader and all those guys would run through fire for him. Manziel is more naturally talented than half the quarterbacks in the NFL but he has nothing between the ears

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Pretty sure I heard rumors of Manziel being a terrible teammate, showing up late to practice or when he’s not late, he’s hung over. Baker is not what I would call a “very mature” person, however he’s a leader and all those guys would run through fire for him. Manziel is more naturally talented than half the quarterbacks in the NFL but he has nothing between the ears
Says the welcher who defends his qb from getting run down by an obese Arkansas cop...yep...brilliant. :thumbup:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I must say, I don’t have as much distaste for Mayfield as I used to. I like the commercials, and he’s had a rough time...so maybe it will or is bringing some humility. I wish him Only the maturity that comes thru further humility building defeat as he goes throughout his career.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I must say, I don’t have as must distaste for Mayfield as I used to. I like the commercials, and he’s had a rough time...so maybe it will or is bringing some humility. I wish him Only the maturity that comes thru further humility building defeat as he goes throughout his career.
You tend to lose your hate for certain players after a while. I stopped hating tebow right around the time he stopped being an nfl qb. Then i started rooting for his comeback

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You tend to lose your hate for certain players after a while. I stopped hating tebow right around the time he stopped being an nfl qb. Then i started rooting for his comeback
Well, I always loved Tebow so there you go...lol

Also, I don't think you got my "joke."

Honestly, I don't really care anymore but I do hope he learns both humility and is a good person...everything else doesn't matter at all.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well, I always loved Tebow so there you go...lol

Also, I don't think you got my "joke."

Honestly, I don't really care anymore but I do hope he learns both humility and is a good person...everything else doesn't matter at all.
meh, I dont care what he does now. He can win a super bowl or murder a bunch of kids. It's all the same to me since he's not with OU anymore.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Gonna be a make or break year in Cleveland. Can they shut OBJ up enough to actually play to their strenths on offense? We'll see.

Mayfield's numbers out of play-action vs. straight pass plays point pretty obviously to the fact that he's much, much more efficient off of play-action.

Run Chubb, run Hunt, keep Mayfield's passing attempts at 30 max, & they can win games & maybe be a playoff team.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Gonna be a make or break year in Cleveland. Can they shut OBJ up enough to actually play to their strenths on offense? We'll see.

Mayfield's numbers out of play-action vs. straight pass plays point pretty obviously to the fact that he's much, much more efficient off of play-action.

Run Chubb, run Hunt, keep Mayfield's passing attempts at 30 max, & they can win games & maybe be a playoff team.
Yeah they are a team who has a lot of tools to win, they've just been inept for so long that they dont know how to win. I agree though, the real key for them is to ride Chubb & Hunt, that has to be the league's best duo. And when teams see a commitment to that that could help the pass game

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Mayfield has an elite west coast offense arm. He’s never had an accurate arm outside of 50+ yards. The bombs he threw in college weren’t on the money, but he had elite guys like Ceedee, Hollywood and Dede Westbrook who could go get it. Inside 40 he’s dead on the money every time with enough velocity to fit it in any window. He’s meant for a running team. And excels outside the pocket especially in PA.

I don’t think OBJ is a team guy. Neither is Landry. He’s a weirdo too. Hopefully they can make it work. It’d be nice to see the Cleveland sports fans have something to cheer about again now that the Cavaliers are dead to the world again.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Mayfield has an elite west coast offense arm. He’s never had an accurate arm outside of 50+ yards. The bombs he threw in college weren’t on the money, but he had elite guys like Ceedee, Hollywood and Dede Westbrook who could go get it. Inside 40 he’s dead on the money every time with enough velocity to fit it in any window. He’s meant for a running team. And excels outside the pocket especially in PA.

I don’t think OBJ is a team guy. Neither is Landry. He’s a weirdo too. Hopefully they can make it work. It’d be nice to see the Cleveland sports fans have something to cheer about again now that the Cavaliers are dead to the world again.

Agree, but that success outside the pocket happened in college. He's struggled to learn that he's not athletic enough to hold onto the ball outside the pocket & he's gotten eaten alive trying to extend plays. It's been analyzed time & again thus far in his NFL career.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Except I’ll back it up and put my money where my mouth is. It’s not false bravado.

Watching the first quarter of this ugly game, and you really dodged a bullet by declining a bet with me. I mean yeah, obviously Tulsa’s defense is national title caliber, but come on, osu should be able to do better than 3 points.
Your mouth doesn't pay up, so there's that.