Houston Game/ 1 Foot of Snow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Watching the KWTV (OKC Channel 9) weather prediction for this Saturday.

Saying the Stillwater area will be getting 12 inches of SNOW.

The Houston Cougars game in GIA starts at 3pm.

I will be surprised if over 2,000 fans show up.

Would not be surprised if the athletic department opens up GIA for free admission if the heavy snow prediction stays the same by Friday afternoon.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I bet the game is cancelled. We are supposed to get snow here in KC on off through the weekend. I was going to the OSU game, but now going to KU game at Sprint Center.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm calling total BS on Stillwater actually getting 1ft of snow. The weather stations around here are never right on winter weather.
At least the Stillwater weather.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm calling total BS on Stillwater actually getting 1ft of snow. The weather stations around here are never right on winter weather.
Our own loveable but gruff weatherguy might drop by and remind you the local stations are more about viewers than accuracy. Nobody believes a foot of snow is coming.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Maybe the term "snowflake" came from all those people who call in to work and totally shut down at the first snowflake.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Our own loveable but gruff weatherguy might drop by and remind you the local stations are more about viewers than accuracy. Nobody believes a foot of snow is coming.
While I generally agree with you, with the way the weather has been acting this fall, I'm not surprised at anything, anymore. Memphis got a small bit of snow a few weeks ago. That NEVER happens in November. Weather patterns are becoming more erratic.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I remember a winter in Western Oklahoma where we got almost 3 feet of snow around Christmas. Not the panhandle mind you, this was along I-40. I still had to go work at the Loves truck stop that morning.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I remember a winter in Western Oklahoma where we got almost 3 feet of snow around Christmas. Not the panhandle mind you, this was along I-40. I still had to go work at the Loves truck stop that morning.

I remember back when I was a kid in the 80's, we used to get at least one pretty huge snow storm each winter. Seems like the winter of 1987, we had one so big, we were out of school for a week. We had to make up for it by extending the school day by an hour for the last couple of months of school. That sucked. In the late 80's/early 90's, those kind of snow storms just became few and very far between around here.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

I do remember that one. Everyone gave me crap because I spent 3 days before it hit saying how stupid the weatherman is.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I remember back when I was a kid in the 80's, we used to get at least one pretty huge snow storm each winter. Seems like the winter of 1987, we had one so big, we were out of school for a week. We had to make up for it by extending the school day by an hour for the last couple of months of school. That sucked. In the late 80's/early 90's, those kind of snow storms just became few and very far between around here.
The worse I remember was in 1971, that was thunder snow on roids

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The worse I remember was in 1971, that was thunder snow on roids
I was only 1 at the time, so not remembering that one.