House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
All of the blather on here regarding how great the Obama economy was is complete crap. It is well known that the deeper the recession, the stronger the following recovery typically will be. The Obama recovery was the worst in the post WW II era. Since the end of WW II, there have been 11 recessions and 11 recoveries, including the last one. Real GDP growth in the first three years following the first 10 recessions was 4.6%. During the first three years of the Obama recovery it was 2.2%.

If we limit our comparison to the five longest recessions since WW II, each of which lasted at least 11 months and includes the last one, we find that the average real GDP growth in the first three years following the recession was 5.9% for the first four of those five recessions, but only 2.2% under O. That works out to about a $550 billion per year difference in real GDP, or about $1700 difference per person, or over $5000 per person for the three year period. This, in spite of O’s shovel ready $800 billion stimulus.

In the last month of the last recession, June 2009, the employment-population ratio was 59.4%. Three years into the recovery it had fallen to 58.4%. The other four periods of recession referenced above which lasted at least 11 months, however, saw their associated recoveries have an average improvement in the employment-population ratios of 2.6% percentage points, a difference of 3.6% points when compared to O’s minus 1. That’s a difference of about 10 million people being employed.

Go ahead. Make your excuses for O. “But this time it was different....”

Dec 9, 2013
Obama took over 18 months into a recession. The average post WW2 recession was 18 months. He threw a trillion dollars at "shovel ready" projects to boost jobs. So yes jobs were created.

Hand picked industry to prove your point.

Stealing from the military to build the wall. Great. It's a rounding error in their massive budget. Do it.

I'm no trade expert but from what news on both sides is yelling is he has revisited some old trade deals that needed to be addressed.
I’m not talking about the months immediately after the recession. I’m saying compare the job growth late in Obama’s 2nd term of the consecutive months immediately preceding Trump to the same # of months of Trump’s presidency. For the same number of months in a consecutive adjacent time period The economy under Obama created more jobs.

As to the hand picked industry. That was a reference to the replied to poster’s assertion that lowering interest rates results in higher liquidity. As a general rule that should be correct but there are other factors. I’ll give you another sector. Farm bankruptcies are up 24%. And some analysts fear US manufacturing could tip into recession.

And I sure hope you are around when a President on the left declares a national emergency to take money from other parts of the budget to fight climate change.

And I’ll ask you since no one seems to answer with specifics. What specifically are Trump’s new and improved trade deals fixing?

Dec 9, 2013
All of the blather on here regarding how great the Obama economy was is complete crap. It is well known that the deeper the recession, the stronger the following recovery typically will be. The Obama recovery was the worst in the post WW II era. Since the end of WW II, there have been 11 recessions and 11 recoveries, including the last one. Real GDP growth in the first three years following the first 10 recessions was 4.6%. During the first three years of the Obama recovery it was 2.2%.

If we limit our comparison to the five longest recessions since WW II, each of which lasted at least 11 months and includes the last one, we find that the average real GDP growth in the first three years following the recession was 5.9% for the first four of those five recessions, but only 2.2% under O. That works out to about a $550 billion per year difference in real GDP, or about $1700 difference per person, or over $5000 per person for the three year period. This, in spite of O’s shovel ready $800 billion stimulus.

In the last month of the last recession, June 2009, the employment-population ratio was 59.4%. Three years into the recovery it had fallen to 58.4%. The other four periods of recession referenced above which lasted at least 11 months, however, saw their associated recoveries have an average improvement in the employment-population ratios of 2.6% percentage points, a difference of 3.6% points when compared to O’s minus 1. That’s a difference of about 10 million people being employed.

Go ahead. Make your excuses for O. “But this time it was different....”
Good analysis. But since as you imply we never really recovered or didn’t recover as good as we should have given historical recoveries shouldn’t Trump’s economy (aided by massive corporate tax cuts) be outperforming Obama’s economy by a long ways?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I’m not talking about the months immediately after the recession. I’m saying compare the job growth late in Obama’s 2nd term of the consecutive months immediately preceding Trump to the same # of months of Trump’s presidency. For the same number of months in a consecutive adjacent time period The economy under Obama created more jobs.
Good job bringing the facts.

So that's what is being referenced when I keep hearing all the doom and gloom about Trump?

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Pence is a good man, I agree, and he is FAR more like most of us than is Trump. The problem with that is we are overrun and trampled on by our enemies because we think we see beyond this world to the next...If you understand that, or are a Christ follower, you know exactly what I mean. This is a dilemma because the current life becomes less important than the one to come for us and getting along becomes more important to our mission than does winning. Maybe that makes no sense to you, maybe not, but it's certainly a dilemma for the right and the middle both when choosing candidates that they think will lead the country to be better protectors of our children and our grandchildren and their ideals and beliefs which we feel are under viscous attack by our own culture. As far as justices, I want a balance long term, not a domination. Balance is achieved naturally in our process currently...a back lash from Trump "could" cause a problem with that, I agree, but he has been able to appoint two so far and perhaps one more that can provide insulation from that backlash, if/when it comes. Btw, I DO fear the backlash for the country. Also, this guy Trump is a backlash himself.
How exactly are you being trampled by your enemies?

I don't get the evangelical following Trump has. That demographic lives and dies by family values and Roe vs Wade but they supported a serial adulterer who likely paid for multiple abortions over someone who stood by an unfaithful spouse.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling you out personally. I just don't get why people who believe in a higher calling are willing to defend someone no one believes is moral when they could in good conscience say we have a better option. If it hurts them politically so be it. The next life is better and if they truly believe that its better then they should go into heaven with a clean slate rather than sacrifice their self worth over someone who is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Dec 9, 2013
Good job bringing the facts.

So that's what is being referenced when I keep hearing all the doom and gloom about Trump?
Not doom and gloom about the economy under trump. There is no denying the economy is growing and jobs are being created. But jobs are not being created at a faster pace so far in trump’s presidency than they were at the end of Obama’s.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Every single US citizen needs to watch and hear this. Put away your party allegiance. Put away this notion of 'I will always support my party or president because of that other party!" This video perfectly articulates why we need to do our duty as Americans, and not an allegiance to this party or that president. I'm not sure how to post a video link, if I mess it up, I implore and would greatly appreciate if someone could properly post link

https://youtu.be/qV_wJNok8HA

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I don't get the evangelical following Trump has. That demographic lives and dies by family values and Roe vs Wade but they supported a serial adulterer who likely paid for multiple abortions over someone who stood by an unfaithful spouse.
It's pretty simple, and I've explained it multiple times. The choice is between Trump, who at least feigns support for evangelicals and is willing to pander to them, even if his life doesn't exactly match up with the values, or an entire population that is openly anti-evangelical and wants to remove all traces of them from public life and blames them for most/all the ills in the world.
1574409064582.png

1574409215400.png

So, which are we, fascists or terrorist?

The left: Both!

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It's pretty simple, and I've explained it multiple times. The choice is between Trump, who at least feigns support for evangelicals and is willing to pander to them, even if his life doesn't exactly match up with the values, or an entire population that is openly anti-evangelical and wants to remove all traces of them from public life and blames them for most/all the ills in the world.
View attachment 75245

View attachment 75246

So, which are we, fascists or terrorist?

The left: Both!
Do you honestly believe that is the mindset of the left?

But now you have a different choice. You can tell him to kick rocks and support impeachment because the Vice President clearly has a stronger moral compass. Or you can say he's (Trump) not worth it and say you will cross party lines for a moderate. Think about it as a reverse Kasich - he would have won the general in 2016 by a large margin because he was the moderate.

Jul 22, 2011
Every single US citizen needs to watch and hear this. Put away your party allegiance. Put away this notion of 'I will always support my party or president because of that other party!" This video perfectly articulates why we need to do our duty as Americans, and not an allegiance to this party or that president. I'm not sure how to post a video link, if I mess it up, I implore and would greatly appreciate if someone could properly post link

https://youtu.be/qV_wJNok8HA

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump on Fox and Friends this morning claims he never claimed the Obama Admin spied on his campaign. But said the Obama Admin was working to stop him from being elected but not spying .......WUT??

He also pushed the conspiracy theory the DNC gave Crowdstrike their Server. Our own intel community has already said there was no server, but the DNC was nothing more than a network of 1000's of computers working together to house data and not centralized on a server

Dec 9, 2013
Lets say the nominee is Mayor Pete. Who in this thread would be okay with his attorney cutting a deal with China that in exchange for a potential future president Pete dropping tariffs, China provides Pete’s campaign w intercepted cell calls between Trump & a foreign leader whereby they have agreed to something that even Trump’s base finds illegal? And these recordings are released in late October causing trump to lose.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
now you have a different choice. You can tell him to kick rocks and support impeachment because the Vice President clearly has a stronger moral compass.
The problem with that is I have to ignore MY moral compass. I've seen no evidence that Trump is guilty of an impeachable offense, so I can't in good conscience support removal even if I do believe Pence is the much more moral person.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

But now you have a different choice. You can tell him to kick rocks and support impeachment because the Vice President clearly has a stronger moral compass. Or you can say he's (Trump) not worth it and say you will cross party lines for a moderate. Think about it as a reverse Kasich - he would have won the general in 2016 by a large margin because he was the moderate.
Yes, that is the mindset of the left. They campaign on it.

It is still not a choice, because even if the House somehow impeaches him, there ain't a chance in hell that the Senate is going to convict and remove him... because the House case for impeachment is a sham in the first place. He's despicable, but that doesn't rise to "crimes and misdemeanors".

Dec 9, 2013

This right here is what I tell my Trump friends. Every single excuse they come up with for supporting Trump is just like him a con save a couple and it all comes back to immigration and race. And on immigration they usually don’t understand that he really doesn’t buy what he is selling. He hires illegal immigrants. He is conning you.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
This right here is what I tell my Trump friends. Every single excuse they come up with for supporting Trump is just like him a con save a couple and it all comes back to immigration and race. And on immigration they usually don’t understand that he really doesn’t buy what he is selling. He hires illegal immigrants. He is conning you.
Because all your friends who support Trump are racist, ergo you have racist friends.

eye peering over glasses tommy lee jones.jpg

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Lets say the nominee is Mayor Pete. Who in this thread would be okay with his attorney cutting a deal with China that in exchange for a potential future president Pete dropping tariffs, China provides Pete’s campaign w intercepted cell calls between Trump & a foreign leader whereby they have agreed to something that even Trump’s base finds illegal? And these recordings are released in late October causing trump to lose.
If Trump did something illegal like that, why would I care if it is found out?

And whoever the Dem nominee is, of course they're going to reach out to foreign sources looking for dirt on Trump. Anybody who believes otherwise is a sucker.