House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
*sigh*

Let's go point by point here.

Yes, scandal fatigue is a real thing, whether you belive it or not. Google it if you still want to deny it's existence. Keep your head where it's warm if you don't.

Secondly, where did I say I've stopped watching testimony? Once again, you're confusing what posters have said what.

Diversionary post? Yes, a story appearing in my local paper today involving a local mayoral selection with clearly racist opinions being espoused is just a diversion. Not an interesting story that stands on its' own, nah, just a diversion.

Have you had a chance to figure out what "Never Trumpers" means? I mean, it's only been part of our lexicon for 3 years now.
I’ve been a never Trumper longer than that. I’m a Democrat and I couldn’t tolerate Trump even when he was a Democrat. Perhaps because I vote for candidates from both sides of the aisle I didn’t fully understand that that term was strictly owned by the Republican Party, and that a person’s intelligence would be questioned by the likes of you for using a term long in my own vernacular. So as far as I’m concerned you can put your head back up Trump’s warm place.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I’ve been a never Trumper longer than that. I’m a Democrat and I couldn’t tolerate Trump even when he was a Democrat. Perhaps because I vote for candidates from both sides of the aisle I didn’t fully understand that that term was strictly owned by the Republican Party, and that a person’s intelligence would be questioned by the likes of you for using a term long in my own vernacular. So as far as I’m concerned you can put your head back up Trump’s warm place.
No, you just didn't know what you were talking about, it's abundantly clear. No need to walk back your ignorance here.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm still confused. Why can't the public know who the whistle-blower is, and why is the whistle-blower not testifying?

All these other people are testifying without anonymity.
Part of the reason is bc other witness's lives are being threatened for testifying. And Trump tweeted that the whistleblower committed treason and implied he should be put to death.
https://twitter.com/ADLWashCounsel/status/1196924229289218051
Too bad no one could put Epstein under such great security.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 9, 2013
To be fair he also once worked for Biden according to his opening statement.. To assume these guys and gals are all free of political bias is wrong. They are human beings and have preferences. These witness all seem to disapprove of the POTUS foreign policy when it conflicts with their long held ideas in certain regions. When a shift in power structure happens due to elections you are always going o have opposition. Couple that’ with the massive political bias against this POTUS then you have pre meditated Investigations and then impeachment after Those fail.
For crying out loud. He gave $1MM to the trump inauguration committee. He says he is a lifelong R. It’s pretty clear where this guys bias lies. He didn’t work for Biden he worked “briefly” with Bidens office on a nationwide campaign on cancer.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
It's okay, you didn't know. We get it. No need to ramble on & highlight your ignorance more.

I've already shown you what a hypocrite you are, regarding diversion, but please prattle on some more.
Hypocrite? Hardly. Democrat that loathes Trump? Yes absolutely. Don’t like or respect liars and don’t know you well enough yet to determine if you are truly lying or just being deluded by the smoke and mirrors of the news sources you watch and read. But leaning toward highly partisan liar with delusional mind reading powers.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
For crying out loud. He gave $1MM to the trump inauguration committee. He says he is a lifelong R. It’s pretty clear where this guys bias lies. He didn’t work for Biden he worked “briefly” with Bidens office on a nationwide campaign on cancer.
Is the Biden's office not headed by the Bidens? Honestly, it's political...certainly it shouldn't be done but this type of thing is very common....plus they got their aid and in spades. This is just political theater.

Part of his opening statement...
"Having served on non-partisan commissions by the appointment of three Democratic governors and on the transition team for Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski, another Democrat, I am well accustomed to working across the aisle. For example, I worked briefly with former Vice President Biden's office in connection with the Vice President's nationwide anti-cancer initiative and admire his long record of public service"

Sure he may very well be a "life long Republican" but he's a hotelier in Portland Oregon and he knows where his bread is buttered. Do just a little research and you will learn that his hotel business is being attacked by the left...hummm? What might one maybe do if his livelihood is under assault by his primary clientele? flip sides maybe? Who knows...Businessmen flip all the time when it serves their interest...ALWAYS, ALWAYS, follow the money.

Just one example of this political harassment by his neighbors in Oregon and their reps to Congress in the Federal Government is below...
Anyone who cares about America should not do any business or stay at any of Gordon Sondland’s hotels,” Blumenauer said in a news release. “Not until he fulfills his duty as a citizen to testify and turn over all relevant documents to the House of Representatives.” (Blumenauer is the Oregon Rep to Congress from the 3rd District which contains Portland)

So what did Sondland do? He did exactly as told...and followed his own version of "Quid Pro Quo / Bribe / extortion" publicly thrown down by his local congressman Blumenauer. Thus releasing millions of perhaps boycotting Democrats (and their money) to once again stay at his hotels.

Bottom line, Politics is Politics until it starts affecting business/cash flow and then it's personal. When it become personal and affects our bottom lines we start to flip. This is human nature and self preservation. How many of us do exactly the same thing when talking about the POTUS in our daily lives with our Dem friends and neighbors...even those of us who voted for and will again likely vote for the current POTUS?

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I love seeing people react to political theater...some things never change. Some media and politicians will declare each day and each witness as bad for Trump, other media and politicians will declare each day and each witness as bad for the Dems....the same day and same witness in each case mind you.

And of course people are going to seize on the ones they agree with as proof they are right....and you have the wonderful spectacle of two groups of people pointing to the same "witnesses" as to why each opposing group is wrong.

And at the end of it all, Trump is not going to be removed from office, Congress is not going to solve one problem that faces this country, and we the people are going to vote for Rs and D's just like we always do. Suckers, all of us.

Dec 9, 2013
<really big sigh> I wish I had an alternative, but as it stands now you're exactly right.
You guys do. If enough Rs will get behind Trump not being on the ballot. That doesn’t mean impeach & remove or resigning. If public opinion can move Rs in congress & senate to convince him he has no option, he will not run in 2020. Get an opening for someone else like Kasich who is waiting on this.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You guys do. If enough Rs will get behind Trump not being on the ballot. That doesn’t mean impeach & remove or resigning. If public opinion can move Rs in congress & senate to convince him he has no option, he will not run in 2020. Get an opening for someone else like Kasich who is waiting on this.
Kasich is too milk toast and stands for very little...that's the problem. If we had a Reagan we would totally dump Trump...but we don't...we have a Reagan with an bad attitude, a pacifier, and a twitter account. It is what it is...we want a statesmen and instead we have an unruly teenager, but with "mostly" our ideas . I guess that is why so many teens around the country like the guy...he's a living breathing meme with little self control.